Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA multicam reskins - Getting MC right.

I'm currently working on a medic backpack... It's hard to make it in Multi - any suggestions on color/pattern/leave it in UCP?

And the camo on units is getting tweaked all the time - atm after little test it kinda works like real - blends in sand and grass/trees... Maybe not perfectly, but always something...

i guarantee it works a heck alot better than the stupid acu's great work

I've done the Med pack in multi - time: more than 45 mikes... My brain is dead, mouse too... Also, first time, tested textures on "own" models (previous were from Fox's SF pack). Looks good. Just need to change color of the combat shirt and I think they're ready for release.

I'll post few pics before so you can give some last suggestions, then maybe some little closed beta (PMs welcome), because pics are sometimes not enough...

EDIT: When done, open new thread or release them here?

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1669067']

EDIT: When done' date=' open new thread or release them here?[/quote']

I'd say open a new thread in the Addons & mods: complete-section and link to that one from here :)

i'm doing a unit or two for my sf with mc pants.

Which one is mine? :)

BODtA.jpg

not sure where to go from here, feedback on the mc is welcome.

Which one is mine? :)

The one that looks better. :p

Fox are you going to make this both a replacement pack and extra units?

I really want to replace all my ACU units in game with multicam I'm an ex-army dog and still not a fan of ACUs

So what I'm trying to say is: Please make this a replacement pack in addition to extra units if you weren't planning on doing so already :)

Oh and both the multicams in that pic above look good. People don't seem to realize that there is a fairly wide variation from uniform to uniform in terms of darkness/lightness and fade- in addition to that you may get a section of your uniform with more brown in it than green or more tan than brown, etc, etc.

Also, the vest in the pic several posts up looks fine as well.

Edited by MacScottie

I will make a replacement configuration for my units. Work will continue when I'm back

Going to put my seamless pattern on my army guys, apply mc to the rest of the texs and redo the helm ... When I'm back on tue.

Fox are you going to make this both a replacement pack and extra units?

I really want to replace all my ACU units in game with multicam I'm an ex-army dog and still not a fan of ACUs

So what I'm trying to say is: Please make this a replacement pack in addition to extra units if you weren't planning on doing so already :)

Oh and both the multicams in that pic above look good. People don't seem to realize that there is a fairly wide variation from uniform to uniform in terms of darkness/lightness and fade- in addition to that you may get a section of your uniform with more brown in it than green or more tan than brown, etc, etc.

Also, the vest in the pic several posts up looks fine as well.

Are you aware that Multicam uniform US troops will get/are getting now is also ACU (FR-ACU to be more specific)?

Are you aware that Multicam uniform US troops will get/are getting now is also ACU (FR-ACU to be more specific)?

Yeah; he's probably referring to the UCP, though. There are (many)problems with the cut of the uniform itself, but most people complain about the pattern rather than the cut.

Yeah technicalities. ACU=Army Combat Uniform

UCP(Universal Camo Pattern?) is the actual grey/teal colored camo pattern.

I was in when we switched from BDUs to ACUs and since all ACUs were UCP I usually just refer to the camo pattern itself as ACU, as do most people.

FYI.

LOL. :p

Fox - you home? interested to see what progress you've made so far...excited

He hasn't been working on his MC US Army units at all really. He's starting a new project that I gave him the idea for. It's badass so don't worry, it's better than any MC Soldiers. :)

So? I can just do normal Army units in MC? Until Fox was doing them I didn't want to do same. Because I think some people might want just some basic reskin at all...

Yeah I don't think fox is doing them atm. He might later. He may not bother since we know a few other people doing MC reskins. Go ahead and do them. :)

Rgr... On my way to AO - Photoshop ;)

He hasn't been working on his MC US Army units at all really. He's starting a new project that I gave him the idea for. It's badass so don't worry, it's better than any MC Soldiers. :)

Thats cool and all, and thanks Maxx - but to be honest I think Fox's textures just worked/looked better...maybe you could get his textures and use them to reskin the units? So we have something to use while wait for what I assume are fully re-done U.S. units?

or maybe fox could just slap on the tex's he has so far and releases and them?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Yeah I don't think fox is doing them atm. He might later. He may not bother since we know a few other people doing MC reskins. Go ahead and do them. :)

That sad to hear, since so many people were waiting for them, and he had his tex's just right.

Don't worry, I have Fox texs, just need to ask him...

And yeah, Fox MC looks better, I don't know how he did that :p

Still on vaca. Will be back at the us army men tomorrow. Wait till I got something to show, if it's good to you then there is no need to duplicate. If not I'll send you my new files and you could give a shot at it (to speed

Things up)

Btw enad, if I leave now it would be a 3hr drive...no thanks haha

Matt if you want my texs I'll gladly send em if you want to use it for your men.

Fox, your not even doing anything there! Loser.

Anyways, when you get back you better work on those things I PM'd you about. They would be AWESOME and everyone will love them, I guarantee.....

Still on vaca. Will be back at the us army men tomorrow. Wait till I got something to show' date=' if it's good to you then there is no need to duplicate. If not I'll send you my new files and you could give a shot at it (to speed

Things up)

Btw enad, if I leave now it would be a 3hr drive...no thanks haha

Matt if you want my texs I'll gladly send em if you want to use it for your men.[/quote']

you guys are doing great things

He's not back yet.

Chill though. Good work doesn't get done fast, well...With Fox it does. But his MC still needs work so give him time. :)