Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA multicam reskins - Getting MC right.

Hey Fox, making the MC dark for OA is okay because the engine always lightens them up in game, remember try to focus on crisp and clear patterns...also remember that you should make everything in MC, don't do the ACU/MC mix of gear, that's not correct

I'm going to do all MC.

And not correct? i've seen pics of soldiers with ACU and MC together... :o

I'm going to do all MC.

And not correct? i've seen pics of soldiers with ACU and MC together... :o

Probably from the test unit or sof. Regular combat arms units deploying with them will most likely have matching gear. I say "most likely" because there will always be a few guys new to the unit, or RFI runs out, or something. Combat Support and Service Support units will, most likely, not have matching gear.

At any rate, it's your addon and you can do whatever you want.

that makes sense. thanks.

also - side project, I may include in pack if there is any interest

helmet looks crap atm

vRkIr.jpg

vRncA.jpg

going to apply pockets seams in a few mins, and some dirt.

Edited by Fox '09

add your side project to the pack of units you'll release man:) would be great addition regardless

add your side project to the pack of units you'll release man:) would be great addition regardless

Yeah, they look pretty neat. Variety is always a good thing.

okay, finishing the helmet, (or returning to the original) and possibly turning the TAC tan like the US army guys

Mvsii.jpg

MvuNr.jpg

I really like these guys :D

Edited by Fox '09

Probably from the test unit or sof. Regular combat arms units deploying with them will most likely have matching gear. I say "most likely" because there will always be a few guys new to the unit, or RFI runs out, or something. Combat Support and Service Support units will, most likely, not have matching gear.

At any rate, it's your addon and you can do whatever you want.

yeah lots of guys in the test didn't have the full kit, and the guys in SF and Rangers always mix and matched what they wanted. However, the army deemed a full MC kit for OEF, I wish i had the pictures of the announcement and they showed what they were supposed to wear.

Amazing. Make the TAC thing tan deffinitely. Looks out of place a bit in green.

MAN. These look GREAT! I need moar.

looks like sometimes it's a bit too dark, or too greeny depending on the lighting. I think due to ArmA 2 's lighting I might have to go for the dark. It looks washed out and white with bright MC.

looks like sometimes it's a bit too dark' date=' or too greeny depending on the lighting. I think due to ArmA 2 's lighting I might have to go for the dark. It looks washed out and white with bright MC.[/quote']

yeah thats what i figured, the lighting always does that on textures, and in the pics i you see MC is dark.

okay, thanks. I'll finish & touch up the texs , and then release soon if all goes well.

One last thing for the SF guys , I'm not too sure if i should keep the pouches retexed oz3gJ.jpg

i can try to improve it if it's bad..

sweet Fox like the SF guys

when you're close to fnishing up the MC texts, please post some pics/

This is awesome. One of the best reskins I've ever seen! :D

I will , but that's the last one until release. Maybe i'll get enad to make some cool ss's but yeah, I'm gona keep it closed for a while.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Fox '09

im in 1/10 sfg and the guys in afghanistan now wear the multicam uniform but our body armor and rest of our kit is not multicam unless a ODA puchased it for thier dudes its the same old brown tan crap. either way its all good we will eventually have full multicam system including rucks, things are alittle slow since this admin, took office as expected. My two cents

thanks rcjsniper, should help

im in 1/10 sfg and the guys in afghanistan now wear the multicam uniform but our body armor and rest of our kit is not multicam unless a ODA puchased it for thier dudes its the same old brown tan crap. either way its all good we will eventually have full multicam system including rucks, things are alittle slow since this admin, took office as expected. My two cents

thanks rcj - u summed up pretty much what I'm saying. The "big army" will be (eventually - some sooner) full multicam kit, which is why I suggested that

+let me tell ya it was hard getting rid of the bdu's and old green ruck for this ugly Acu crap, thank the lord were finally going to multicam type uniforms, and yes they are the full official uniform for the whole army in afghanistan. we have multicam rucks now but thier not "Officially issued yet" Being on a so team we get some cooler rucks for all the gear and guns.

Cant wait for this mod:yay:

+let me tell ya it was hard getting rid of the bdu's and old green ruck for this ugly Acu crap, thank the lord were finally going to multicam type uniforms, and yes they are the full official uniform for the whole army in afghanistan. we have multicam rucks now but thier not "Officially issued yet" Being on a so team we get some cooler rucks for all the gear and guns.

Cant wait for this mod:yay:

yeah ACU was the dumbest fuckup ever, I hope they make it standard for the whole US Army

okay I'll keep it as it is for now.

Bouben.. you want Humvees in multicam??

No, just a green version of new models from OA which are in a desert skins only yet. Sorry for confusion.

Ya thiers no reason the whole army shouldnt get the multicam type uniform, but we all know how the puzzle palace works.

Ya thiers no reason the whole army shouldnt get the multicam type uniform, but we all know how the puzzle palace works.

yeah ACU is one of the biggest examples of the Army just being ridiculous, which general thought this would be a good idea?

believe it was gen schinseki something like that, ya the guy the took the black beret from ranger regiment and gave it to big army was in ranger battalion at that time totally sucked but the tan beret turned out ok though.

believe it was gen schinseki something like that, ya the guy the took the black beret from ranger regiment and gave it to big army was in ranger battalion at that time totally sucked but the tan beret turned out ok though.

Tan is more distinctive, anyway. I enlisted 062003 and did not have to experience that whole debacle. Nowadays, I just see a black beret and wish the Leg would get out of Airborneland. Sadly, though, there are far far far too many of those on Bragg now.... :(

But the worst are Legs in Airborne units.