v4friend

Update FaceTrackNoIR

Hi V4friend, is this version compatible on 64bits Win7 OS?

It works (albeit being shaky) on win7 64...

I just got it working for me without being shaky. You have to adjust the sens. and smoothing and deadzone until it is perfect. I am using a PS3 Eye and it is butter smooth.

Anyway, can someone help me get it working in rFactor? I am clueless.

I tried the PPjoy route, I just do not understand how to set up the virtual joystick via Windows Configuration Console.

The beauty of the new (= second) update is the fact, that you do not need the PPJoy route. Select 'fake trackIR' at the game-protocol Listbox and it should work fine (for me it does :) )

Well this is wierd. I start with 30Hz on first running the second update that stays stable for about 2 minutes. Then it drops to 15Hz for the next few minutes and then slowly drops in frequency .. I'm now sitting at 8Hz (which is obviously very jerky)

Any idea what is causing this MASSIVE drop in frequency ?

I'm using a Creative LiveCam VF0540 on win7 (64bit)

Try adjusting your camera's Exposure setting. That helped for me.

Could anyone post some video how it works? Is it smooth enough? What webcam is best for it?

Could anyone post some video how it works? Is it smooth enough? What webcam is best for it?

Thanks mate! Will try that.

I think you quoted the wrong post, but, you're welcome. :cool:

;1691118']Reinstalled all' date=' still getting same error:

beztytuu1sc.th.png

Same when choosing FaceAPI...

I am getting the very same error.........it does not seem to be a camera problem, because it works with freetrack and any other camera software here.....can someone help?

Working in GTL, Race 07.

What a fantastic piece of software.

Whole new level of immersion. When I race now, I get ravel sick.......;-)

I just got a PS Eye, and it's much better now, especially with the second update.

It's not as responsive as the real thing with smoothing on, but that's playable now. And it's free + no funny clip or hat to wear.

I am getting the very same error.........it does not seem to be a camera problem, because it works with freetrack and any other camera software here.....can someone help?

Have you tried the faceAPI demo from SeeingMachines?

Frequency was linked to exposure! I'm now hitting 30Hz constantly and I am now working on sorting my settings to suit my head movement. The performance is SMOOTH however!

BRAVO

Have you tried the faceAPI demo from SeeingMachines?

Just tried it.......it can not find the camera "no suitable cameras available. Is another application using the camera?"

Strange.....:butbut: It worked before I upgraded my rig (changed the motherboard)....

Hi, I downloaded the files from the link and also downloaded the API from Seeing Machines. I installed the Face API into it's own folder and then installed the Facetracknoir into it's own folder. When I click the desktop icon for facetracknoir, I get an error regarding crt value.

Where am I going wrong with this installation? I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit for operating system.

Thanks.!!!!

Edit: I read Sarge's posts starting on page 16, nothing real helpful there. I've updated the Visual C++ libraries from MS and I still get the error.

@V4Friend - been googling the error code, about all I could find was this. Seems that your start up code for the program could be a problem. I'm not a programmer, can't help there. I'd love to try your program.

Edit: Still googling, I found a thread from Guru3D relating the same error code to ATI Tray Tools. I have a 5870 and run ATT. I turned off ATT and the Facetrackernoir program opened up!!!! I found the conflict with the program on my machine. It's ATT. Turn it off and Facetracker fires up. I turned ATT back on after turning Facetracker on and all seems well. Now to patch and try to set this program up!

Edited by Sailindawg

Hi, I downloaded the files from the link and also downloaded the API from Seeing Machines. I installed the Face API into it's own folder and then installed the Facetracknoir into it's own folder. When I click the desktop icon for facetracknoir, I get an error regarding crt value.

Where am I going wrong with this installation? I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit for operating system.

Thanks.!!!!

Edit: I read Sarge's posts starting on page 16, nothing real helpful there. I've updated the Visual C++ libraries from MS and I still get the error.

@V4Friend - been googling the error code, about all I could find was this. Seems that your start up code for the program could be a problem. I'm not a programmer, can't help there. I'd love to try your program.

Edit: Still googling, I found a thread from Guru3D relating the same error code to ATI Tray Tools. I have a 5870 and run ATT. I turned off ATT and the Facetrackernoir program opened up!!!! I found the conflict with the program on my machine. It's ATT. Turn it off and Facetracker fires up. I turned ATT back on after turning Facetracker on and all seems well. Now to patch and try to set this program up!

That did the trick!

Thanks mate!

Hi Sailindawg,

Great work! Those are the problems I cannot fix and so it's great if someone else can!

I just bought a new webcam (the old ones i have don't work with W7) especifically to try this. I'll be posting feedback in a couple of days ;)

Thanks for the effort btw.

@V4Friend

What's the best camera for this program?

I have a Logictech that can only put out about fps=30Hz, or 30 fps I assume. I'm running your program with Combined Operations, which runs about 60 fps. I'm having a hard time adjusting the motion. It's either overly sensitive or lags behind the view look.

What are the most important values to change to control the speed of look?

Almost every webcam that i have looked at work at 30 fps. Take into consideration that this type of cams are just for videoconference and the vast majority of users don't need a smoother animation, they just want image quality, and that's what they sell us, more resolution, but not more FPS. There may be some cams that i couldn't find, but i assure you, there are few. And probably expensive ones.

The PS Eye is 60 fps I think. Is the fps the most important factor for smoothness?

I still haven't decided what cam to buy also. There's a lot to choose from.

Is PS Eye PC compatible? Yes it is 60 fps at 640x480 which is pretty good, and it seems that the price is low compared to 60 fps PC cams... :mad:

Anyway, as you may have read in the first pages of this thread, yes, the FPS are important. It seems that the equal the smoothness betwen the camera and the game fps, the better this program works.

Is PS Eye PC compatible? Yes it is 60 fps at 640x480 which is pretty good, and it seems that the price is low compared to 60 fps PC cams... :mad:

Anyway, as you may have read in the first pages of this thread, yes, the FPS are important. It seems that the equal the smoothness betwen the camera and the game fps, the better this program works.

A few threads back someone stated he uses one. It's not offical compatible, but there are PC-drivers availlable.