Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Max Payne 3 - Your Thoughts?

The developers should have, at least, visited São Paulo. Definitively, that's not the São Paulo I know and lived in.

Meh... I did not see any gameplay fotage yet so I will hold off on my judgement.

This game has nothing to do with Max Payne.

Rockstar did a generic console cover shooter #129 and then they needed the name to do sales++ and suddenly it became Max Payne 3.

I bet if it was called by any other name nobody would be able to tell the difference

Another thing I dont like is the reason why Max is there:

he became a private guard in a completely new Country and leaves the past behind ecc ecc bla bla..

I mean, seriously the "Became a private guard" is one of the most generic, foresee-able things you can think of.

It would fit in every story in this world!

EG:

-After all his adventures were over, Duke Nukem decides to became a private security guard--> totally unrelated sequel using famous IP.

-Gordon Freeman decides that he had enough of all the vortigaunts and G-Man so he becames a private security guard--> totally unrelated sequel using famous IP.

-Spiderman decides that he had enough of all the crazy bad guys in New York so he becames a private security guard--> totally unrelated sequel using famous IP.

-Luke Skywalker decides that he had enough of all the Jedi stuff and going to work to Yavin 4 so he becames a private security guard--> totally unrelated sequel using famous IP.

Hell, it would work even with a farmer!

-A farmer decides that he had enough cow-milking in his life so he becames a private security guard in São Paulo, leaving all his cows and dark past behind.

Edited by Zoz

@Zoz: Lol exactly, another "franchise" butchered :(

Hell, it would work even with a farmer!

-A farmer decides that he had enough cow-milking in his life so he becames a private security guard in São Paulo, leaving all his cows and dark past behind.

Fixed it for ya ;) We don't speak spanish.

Combat sure looks awesome. Hope the story holds up to the Max Payne standards.

Still got my Max Payne avatar. It's a screen from the very first game in 2001 :)

Lovely video. The on the ground 360 shooting is so awesome.

I saw a snowy rooftop fight there. Maybe a return to NY :D ?

Lovely video. The on the ground 360 shooting is so awesome.

I saw a snowy rooftop fight there. Maybe a return to NY :D ?

There will be NY - seen on pics before , when Max had a hair and shaved

http://www.rockstarspy.com/apps/forums/topics/show/5340598-max-payne-3-first-two-hours-will-be-in-new-york

There will be something before he went to Brazil

Edited by RobertHammer

Looks like 2012 is a Franchise Rape year.

Max Payne, Syndicate, X-Com, Rainbow Six (although can you really make it worse than it already is?), Hitman, Jagged Alliance. Bet I forgot something.

Huh? Max Payne games have always been about fast paced action packed gunfights. IMHO Max Payne 3 looks like it's going to be the best one yet, bullet-time is still there and the new animations look amazing.

Great video Cripsis. I see painkillers are still part of the game so no regen health :) The animation and game mechanics look top notch.

@metalcraze Max Payne was always about shooting people in slow motion. If you are refering to the fact that they are moving away from the noir setting, well let's just wait and see how the whole Brazil thing turns out.

X-com is also beeing rebooted by Firaxis :)

The grass is green and the sun is shinng :) Let's be positive

It's like ArmA 3. Not the coolest possible setting, but damn, this gonna be a good game.

Really. This video convinced me. Rockstar is Rockstar, after all.

If they get out from the slums and get in the actual city of São Paulo, Im pretty sure they can get that "noir" aspect of the previous games. São Paulo (or Saint Paul :P) looks like NY in many ways except for the snow.

Max Payne, Syndicate, X-Com, Rainbow Six (although can you really make it worse than it already is?), Hitman, Jagged Alliance. Bet I forgot something.

I am wondering how exactly is a game such as Max Payne being dumbed down..

Maybe removal of depressing black-and-white comix cut scenes about main hero's f*cked up life :P ? No signs of it yet. At least he started heavy drinking.

Looks great. But I hope it was easiest difficulty.

Edited by batto

Maybe removal of depressing black-and-white comix cut scenes about main hero's f*cked up life :P ?

Ohh i loved those cut scenes :cool:

The story. Something very few games get right. Gameplay was always simple but everything was put together in a way that you just had to keep playing to see what happened next.

GTA4 didn't pull this off at all so I'm worried about Rockstar getting this right.

To keep it simple...

Max Payne was 90-ish to the bone. And 90's are hard, and most possibly, impossible to beat.

New Payne is no way 90-ish. And that's all, no trenchcoat, no cold, no heavy urban junkie, society throw-off atmosphere.

To keep it simple...

Max Payne was 90-ish to the bone. And 90's are hard, and most possibly, impossible to beat.

New Payne is no way 90-ish. And that's all, no trenchcoat, no cold, no heavy urban junkie, society throw-off atmosphere.

The game's supposed to take place over 8 years, so there may still be a Noir York in the game. Besides, Sao Paulo's very New Yorky when not in the slums :yay: