Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

US buildings project

If you did rural America you could easily use something from vanilla arma e.g. the deciduous forests. Also you could use the evergreens and similar terrain for U.S. forests. (Kinda off topic)

hi,

I can create you models, i already have some ready, but they made with 3ds max, and i dont know how to use O². So its only a max/obj/whatever files, without any texture/imporation/config (no time for this).

If you search some inspiration for simply model, look JCOVE warminster map; juste a few building but the map design are so good you dont get bored.

some of my previous work started for arma1, never finished. that just basic stuff, but ArmA dont need superior quality from my point of view, just quantity .

ensemblephotoshopcitypaeo5.jpg

ensemblephotoshopcitypadu9.jpg

other things

If anyone want this, they yours

cheer

Edited by ezechiel

Good to read that such project is born!

If you ever shall be needing some texture help - I'll gladly help as much as possible at given moment

One question though;

USofA is a big country; and with a diversified landscape too. Wonder if it's gonna be more like some Utah / Nevada regions (desert/rocks), maybe lush, like woods of North Carolina or something like rural Iowa?

Ya decide to do the IA thing let me know can post screenies. Actually would make for a feasable area as flat corn fields, low hills. Town I live is only 500k but also has the two majore n-s an e-w interstates converging thru here in the heartland.

these are great! check your pms

Hi it's Socram one of the modellers, here's the textured street signs.

streetsigns-1.jpg

I'm already feeling more at home!! I would love a map of California, theres really diverse landscapes here from desert and arid grassland to dense pine forests and ice capped mountains. Plus San Francisco would make some insane fighting terrain... practically impossible with Armas physics cuz you would slide down the hills, and as Icebreaker said you would have to have ur visible range at like 500 to not lag out. But god flying through a fog bank under the golden gate bridge would be sick.

Edited by Calthazar

we'll start with the suburbs first hehe :)

florida seems like an easy target though, apartments, condos, time shares etc don't all have to be enter able, and can have ladders etc. Maybe a lobby, but that's it.

maybe a pool object, but the rest is up to the island creator :)

guys, try to be realistic. Start with a small town, dont try to create a SF or an NY... make something realiste; country town with 100 houses, 5-6 road and country accross will be perfect. After that, when you have enough building and skills, maybe try bigger

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/lite3.jpg/

lite2.jpg

lite3.jpg

something like this maybe ?

we can try in the future, but as for now, i can agree it is best to stay with suburbs. Big cities might be too much right now

we can try in the future' date=' but as for now, i can agree it is best to stay with suburbs. Big cities might be too much right now[/quote']

Cant wait to see the finished objects:cool:

Those buildings posted earlier were sweet! looks very useful

Indeed, a small downtown "main-street" area with suburbs would be awesome. Then maybe a bunch of farms, lakes, and creeks in the surrounding area.

Indeed, a small downtown "main-street" area with suburbs would be awesome. Then maybe a bunch of farms, lakes, and creeks in the surrounding area.

Yes! That would be awesome.

Also, could someone create new, more american, road textures? As in double/singe yellow line and a road that's not too cracked?

I had thought about that. I don't know how to do road textures etc, so if someone could direct me to that I could give it a shot, but we're really just focusing on objects and buildings.

The Arma 1 road models were made available as Mlods in the "environment/other" BIS models pack, I think...

The textures themselves aren't supplied, although if you have Arma 1 you can just UNpbo "roads.pbo" and get the textures too... the models themselves would do as they are - they all have the appropriate pathway LOD and memory points for snapping the sections together - all you'd really need to do would be to find some authentic US road textures... should be fairly straightforward...

In addition, theres one road section usually designated as a "special part" in the Visitor roadlaying tool - the "crosswalk"... the pedestrian crossing you see here and there on islands...

It's just a basic road section model with a specific texture... You could have a variety of these - all using the same basic model and even underlying road texture, but with extra markings like... I dunno... the sort of stuff you see on US roads??? :D.... anything extra that might add that touch of authenticity...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Road MLODS are loaded automatically in your P:\ca\roads and P:\ca\roads2 when installing Visitior (old and new).

Are you going to make most of the buildings enterable? Very exciting if so :)

Road MLODS are loaded automatically in your P:\ca\roads and P:\ca\roads2 when installing Visitior (old and new).

Ah, now i remember. I'll get texturing :D

Are you going to make most of the buildings enterable? Very exciting if so :)

we are trying our best to make all small buildings enter-able. Gas stations etc are also included, but larger apartment buildings may only have a lobby (we're far from large buildings, so don't hold onto that).

Here is two barricades, same model two different textures.

2barricades-1.jpg

Looks pretty cool. :)

Now we need Jack 'n' Johns BBQ Sauce store...

It'll have to be armafied first..

Worst Buy..

Fat Donalds..

wallie's mart..