Sign in to follow this  
Wicca

Arma 2 event

Arma 2 Event

armaisaf4.jpg

Information

We at the ISAF Admin group would like to invite you all to a pr inspired event, in the arma 2 engine, with 100 slot server we think we can promise a eventfull event! :D

With cooperation from Armacalypse we hope we can bring the arma 2 world as close as we can get with stock arma 2, to the PR realm.

Event Map:

- Quesh Kibrul

Which is a island desert map, 3 main islands some minor villages scattered across it, one major city.

Each side starts on one carrier each, factions are Russia versus US.

Mumble

We will use Mumble for the event.

This is 1.2.2 Mumble. It has a Plugin for Arma 2, and we will use it also instead of VON, for Command channel and team contacts etc.

Mumble 1.2.2 Download Link

MUMBLE IP AND PORT

IP: 10th-community.com

Port: 64738

ARMA 2 PVP SERVER INFO

b_560x95.png

ArmAcalypse PvP

IP: 64.120.46.50

Port: 2302

DOWNLOAD PACK:

We have something called AAS v. 1.1 addon pack to regular Arma 2. This gives us more maps and enables us to have a more varied gameplay experience.

For this event though, only one map to put the size of the file down.

You must download this to participate.

EVENT FILE DOWNLOAD!

Installation:

1) Unpack

2) Move the extracted folder (“@quesh-kibrulâ€) into your main ArmA 2 directory (where the ArmA2.exe is)

3a) If you already have a shortcut to your ArmA2.exe, right-click it, go to properties, and add exactly this to the end of the target field (outside the quotation marks): -mod=@quesh_kibrul

3b) If you don’t have a shortcut to your ArmA2.exe, create one, and go to 3a

4) Start the game with the shortcut.

Join us at Saturday 5th of June 1800 PRT/GMT/.

See you on the battlefield!

// Wicca out

Edited by Wicca

Removed spam and moved thread to a more appropriate place.

Based upon Google, PRT ("Project Reality Time") equals GMT.

So, it is in fact 6pm GMT. Or 2pm QPT (Quertz's Personal Time), which is equivalent to 2pm EST :D .

:cheers:

qwertz

Edited by qwertz

I got this,

PRT Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands Time GMT-4:00
Edited by SAbre4809

The UK isn't on GMT at the moment, something to remember.

Has any of you tried mumble with Arma 2?

Mumble is our preferred comms program.

Looks good, so its at 6pm UK time right? also what type of gameplay and gamemode is it going to be?

The gameplay, is going to be whatever you want it to be, in any game like arma 2, its the players themselfs who decide what the game is going to be like, and if they will enjoy it.

But ive tried making this as close as possible with my experience with PR, to PR. So hopefully alot of coordinated teamwork with squads.

Gamemode is AAS.

To be able to communicate efficently in the battlefield, you need mumble, and you need to set it up properly too. Here is a link to set it up:

http://armacalypse.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=63#pid255

Based upon Google, PRT ("Project Reality Time") equals GMT.

So, it is in fact 6pm GMT. Or 1pm QPT (Quertz's Personal Time), which is equivalent to 1pm EST :D .

:cheers:

qwertz

Um, is it not at 2pm EST? (GMT -4)

1800 subtract 4 hours is 1400

?

?

Yep you are correct - 2pm EST

Sorry - I got to this late. I ported the info to our main site front page. Hopefully it will help bring a few folks to the game table!!!

?

Nope it is 1pm EST, 2pm EDT :p .

Edited by SAbre4809

My group has folks from various timezones and I think MARS :-) so we use this to help us figure out times

http://localtimes.info/

I added an Armacalypse clock on our article, lol. There are various types of timezone tools out there. Just sharing a tip - morning all!!!

Edited by Tom_Anger

Im looking forward to this! Getting dropped by hueys from the carrier, assaulting enemy positions by foot with mechanized support:D

Wicca - all I'll say is bring lots of body bags :D

Edited by Tom_Anger

So it's 1pm, no ones there, so I'm guessing it's at 2pm my time...I'm awful at this time zone stuff

Well, it would have been cool if the helicopter respawn worked. The intended 10 minute respawn time for the transport choppers is too long because no matter how well you play, someone else plays well too and someone is going to die and helicopter pilots are no exception. Be as it may that the mission tries to enforce teamwork and coordination, the weakest link will take the whole team down with him if nobody can get out of the base.

Yea that was cool but unfortunate with the chopper thing. Few things could be changed/fixed:

Add an engineer class so those damaged choppers can be repaired! (or is that only an ACE thing?) That may fix the need for reducing the re-spawn times of the choppers/

I don't recall any choppers every re-spawning so I don't think the script was even working at all.

Don't allow opfor entering blufor choppers to reset the respawn timer and vice versa

Maybe reduce the diameter of the capture zones? I know it was intended for 50 vs 50 but I felt with the 25 or so people we had the zones were too large.

Other than that it felt great. Organization came a lot more naturally having the carrier spawn with no access to the land apart from the choppers. Map size, and travel distances felt good too.

Oh and the squad assignment would be nice/useful when managing that many people. Would make a nice balance between fun and teamwork

I'm pretty inexperienced so most of my points may be moot but I thought I'd throw them out there.

We had fun in the event. Lets do this every weekend accepting the fact that some may be 6 vs 6 and others who catch on where we get 64+. Here are a couple of screenies from yesterday's session.

http://urbanresistance.org/images/arma2/group11.jpg

http://urbanresistance.org/images/arma2/group12.jpg

http://urbanresistance.org/images/arma2/group13.jpg

It may require a few decent admins to rotate responsibilities and make sure the mission is ready to go on time. I loved the fact that both sides started on carriers and pilots had a true responsibility to transport people. Kudos.

thanks for the good feedback.

The chopper spawn bug is being worked at, but if you guys want this running every weekend, ill ask Qwertz about that.

Ive been able to tweak the mission file, so we can have squads or fireteams or whatever we call them.

Now i think we should open to having both TS3 and Mumble, cause i know the plugin works, i just need to code it abit more i guess.

Here for hoping we can run this next weekend:D