Sign in to follow this  
silola

Dynamic-AI-Creator (DAC) V3.0 released

Scratch that!

This is what has been delaying DAC!

Client: Object 3:14 (type Type_268) not found.

And it has nothing to do with DAC nor any other mission:

[76870] Fixed: Flood in RPT file caused by lines like "Object 2:200 (type Type_268) not found."

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_78413.log

If you are not using a beta patch (server/client) you have to wait for the next full patch.

Xeno

Xeno, can you confirm whether 1.57.76903 is the latest Windows server version? I may be able to have them install it. I had linked them to the beta page, but they said that the installer was "looking for the whole game".

Yes, it is. Sorry to go off topic.

Edited by Dorian Gray
off topic

I Need help with DAC and GL4 integration as there is no example mission to look at. I dont need it on map click lol. Needs to be done when a trigger is activated and i also need to know how to do it automatically after Initialization compleats. Need help on what to put ware in the edditor. Im using the Script Version of DAC and GL4. I know nothing about scripting but the included read me has got me far enough. Having this 1 problem though

The zone i need to release is setup like this

What do i need to do to release everything in this zone and hand it to Group Link 4 on trigger activation. The included read me is no help at all when it comes to this and really needs fixing. All it says is

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]; 

Ok ware does this go as i tryed placing this into a Logic and get errors. What is group? Does the name of the zone go here? tryed placing it into the on activation field get error as well.

[group] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup

what do i do with this. It wont work any ware i place it. Does group mean the zone or what. theirs nothing in the read me that states what is what or any example showing it in a working file from trigger. I would love to be able to look at a mission file that had done this through the editor so i can see whats ware and why. Yes i read this whole thread and someone asked this on page 60 and nobody reply. Then theres an atempt at it on page 23 but when ever i add things to my init.sqf daq does not even get to its initialization. i just get the pic in the DAC window and nothing. Same reasion why i can run any air support scripts that rely on the init.sqf

EDDIT

Ok i got DAC to release groups by putting this in the On activation of my trigger. the group from z15 all released correctly but i can not get it to work from the mission init.sqf whatsoever.

Zone set up: Note the ,"inf_group_z15"

fun=["z15",[3,0,0],[4,2,50,8,"inf_group_z15"],[],[0,0,25,0],[],[0,9,3,3]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Trigger

On Activation

{[_x] spawn DAC_fReleaseGroup}foreach inf_group_z1;

Still have no idea ware

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]

goes.

Do i just put

inf_group_z15 setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]

in the zone logic after like this

fun=["z15",[3,0,0],[4,2,50,8,"inf_group_z15"],[],[0,0,25,0],[],[0,9,3,3]] spawn DAC_Zone; inf_group_z15 setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True];

Edited by Cytreen

Xeno, can you confirm whether 1.57.76903 is the latest Windows server version? I may be able to have them install it. I had linked them to the beta page, but they said that the installer was "looking for the whole game".

Yes, it is. Sorry to go off topic.

No, the latest is 78413

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

puuhh... just read this whole thread (yes all 76 pages)... but did not find a solution for my problem.

i have 2 master zones and 2 waypoint zones:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,2,9,1],[2,2,2,1],[],[1,2,50,0,100,10],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z3",[2,0,0],[8,2,9,1],[2,2,5,1],[],[1,2,50,0,100,10],[0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z4",[2,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[0,0,0,0]] spawn DAC_Zone

and on page 11 of the readme i read:

These waypoint zones have the purpose to give further waypoints to the units from the master zone. In these waypoint zones no units are produced.

But when i start my mission the units from the master zones are generated in all 4 zones. How can i generate the units only in the master zones?

Posted this in the I44 thread as well

Can I alter the DAC configs AND use the PBO version still? I tried to add Germans into the DAC unit config like so:

// I44 Germans

case 17:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_MG3 4-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_MG42-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G _WH_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WH_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_En gr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_Rohrladung","I 44_Man_G_WH_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_K98kZf41","I44_Man_ G_WH_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Snipe r_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_ NCO_MP40",]

_Unit_Pool_V = ["I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_ WH"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1D_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH ","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_D_WH"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

In the last parameter there are 4 digits [x1,x2,x3,x4] where x1 is the side, x2 is the unit, x3 is the behavior, and x4 is the camp

So I set all 4 to #17 hoping that would work, no go, so then I set it to [0,17,0,0] because the Germans in I44 are considered the OPFOR, and 0 = East in DAC. I only altered the Unit config, do I need to mess around with others in order to get this up and running?

Page 33 in the readme will learn you a thing or two.

Posted this in the I44 thread as well

Can I alter the DAC configs AND use the PBO version still? I tried to add Germans into the DAC unit config like so:

// I44 Germans

case 17:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_MG3 4-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_MG42-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G _WH_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WH_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_En gr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_Rohrladung","I 44_Man_G_WH_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_K98kZf41","I44_Man_ G_WH_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Snipe r_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_ NCO_MP40",]

_Unit_Pool_V = ["I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_ WH"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1D_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH ","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_D_WH"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

In the last parameter there are 4 digits [x1,x2,x3,x4] where x1 is the side, x2 is the unit, x3 is the behavior, and x4 is the camp

So I set all 4 to #17 hoping that would work, no go, so then I set it to [0,17,0,0] because the Germans in I44 are considered the OPFOR, and 0 = East in DAC. I only altered the Unit config, do I need to mess around with others in order to get this up and running?

remove "," after last unit in infantry array []

["I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_MG3 4-Maschinengewehr"]

You should also change the first three units, now the medics will be the crew of tracked vehicle and every group will have a machinegunner as leader, you are not using any helicopters so the second entries does not really matter for you.

From the readme page 39.

The reason is: The first 3 entries are reserved fort he DAC

The 1st entry defines the type of units for the crew of Tracked Vehicles

The 2nd entry defines the type of units for the Pilots of Helicopters

The 3rd entry defines the type of units for the leader of Infantry groups

The rest of the group will be generated randomly

(DAC will get everything which is defined behind the 3rd entry)

@King

If im reading your notes correctly z1 of waypont group 1 is your master

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,2,9,1],[2,2,2,1],[],[1,2,50,0,100,10],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

And you only want waypoints but no spawning in this zone at the start of your mission.

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[20],[20],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

If you do z2 like this it will disable spawns at start.

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[0,0,20,0],[0,0,20,0],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

Then no units will be spawned at the beginning of the mission in z2 but will retain waypoints. Global respawn still applys if Camps are not linked to feed your master zone. So if camps are not linked to the master zone then its still possable to have units respawn inside z2.

Edited by Cytreen

@Cytreen

If you do z2 like this it will disable spawns at start.

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[0,0,20,0],[0,0,20,0],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

no, unfortunately not... they still spawn in z2:(

@cytreen

ah ok... got it

obviously it is not allowed to do it like this:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,2,9,1],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[20],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

i dont know why, but it seems that the waypoints are the problem. now i do it like that and it works perfect:

fun=["z1",[1,0,0],[8,2,9,15],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

fun=["z2",[1,0,0],[20],[],[],[],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone

What's the best way to check if DAC has finnished with initialisation when using the script version?

Putting "DAC_Basic_Value = 0;" in the init.sqf actually stops the DAC script from running.

What's the best way to check if DAC has finnished with initialisation when using the script version?

Putting "DAC_Basic_Value = 0;" in the init.sqf actually stops the DAC script from running.

if (DAC_Basic_Value == 0) then

{

MyShizzleHere;

};

Ye I tried that, well something similar.

This is what's in my init.sqf:

if(!isServer) then {waitUntil{!isNull player}};
DAC_Zone = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqf";
DAC_Objects = compile preprocessFile "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Create_Objects.sqf";
execVM "DAC\DAC_Config_Creator.sqf";
publicVariable DAC_Basic_Value;
waituntil{DAC_Basic_Value == 1};
[i]some other funky stuff;[/i]

at the begining of the mission, but when starting up it just says: "Error undefined variable in expression: dac_basic_value"

EDIT: Ok, despite this, I've done some further testing and even though I've getting this error It's still actually defers execution until DAC has finnished doin its thang. weird.

Edited by Wobbleyheadedbob

Problem, I'm running only one DAC zone in my mission to populate a town full of insurgents. However they spawn and completely abandon the DAC zone and all just move to some waypoint out in the distance, they just leave. I'm using the external logic as I modified the config to turn off the weather system because the mission involves long draw distances for a recon team.

I didn't change anything else besides the dynamic weather value, i tried using the intern logic as well and no dice.

I had the same issue and what solved it for me is to disable the DAC-markers.

There seems to be a hidden feature in Arma2 that when a marker is placed a certain way, units will ignore their waypoints and move to that marker instead.

Hmm, seems I spoke too soon. I'm working on a mission which uses DAC very heavily now and I just noticed units deserting to Map-coordinate 0,0,0 eventhough the DAC-markers are off. Although in my case it only happens occasionally and only for a few units at a time.

I started a thread about the same issue, but can't find it anymore. Someone mentioned having similar issues with upsmon and he had to hide the markers or something like that by making them transparent.

I suspect DAC is using a marker for some of it's mechanics, but I haven't got a clue how to "hide" it. So it seems I'm in the same boat as you now and also in need of a workaround. Guess I'll try finding a way to locate markers and setting them to transparent.

Has anyone had any success running DAC with the Unsung Mod? It seems that because of the amount of objects forming the jungle, the DAC system just cannot generate waypoints.

I'm trying to tweak the settings abit, but is this a limitation of DAC or is there a way to force DAC to generate waypoints in an "object rich" enviroment??

In the DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqf file you can set the radius of the object check that is done, and reduce it to an appropriate value, even zero. Choosing waypoint type 4 should do you :)

DualJoe sometimes they stay in the DAC Zone, sometimes they don't. For me it's just a matter of me starting the mission and restarting it if they aren't patrolling the area.

This may be found in the readme so i apologize, but if I'm using the intern game logic is there a way for me to spawn a DAC zone so I can get random units and assign a waypoint outside of the trigger? From what I've seen in the readme, user designated waypoints are only available within the confines of the trigger radius.

I'm trying to make a mission where BLURFOR units move into an area of DAC zones populated by OPFOR. But they often get bogged down and killed and are under strength by the time they actually reach their objectives. Can I create a camp that respawns my BLUFOR and sends them back out? I'm not super familiar with DAC and respawning AI so I need a little help figuring it out.

hi ive got two question right now before i download this thing:

1.is this compatible with wict tool?

2. can i create some sandbox survival mission with this tool?

1. Don't know what wict tool is, but DAC is entirely self-contained and it's very unlikely to conflict.

2. DAC is perfect for sandbox survival missions :)