Sign in to follow this  
koti

Estimated relase date

The main page states release date as spring 2010.

We are 1 month away from summer 2010

So, may we assume that the game will be relased on E3?

PS I really really want to see this game finally.

We have been waiting for it almost 2 years now.

Those two years have gone scarily fast. :butbut:

When it's done. ;)

When it's done. ;)

i lol'd when i opened that! thinking it was going to be something amazing :p

It will be released on the 10th of june 2010.

True story.

The main page states release date as spring 2010.

We are 1 month away from summer 2010

So, may we assume that the game will be relased on E3?

PS I really really want to see this game finally.

We have been waiting for it almost 2 years now.

bah, two years ... i've been waiting for sequel to CC from 1994, following MartinGBell's remake from end of 2003 and waiting for BIS CC2 from the first info they will be developing it.

I think i can wait another year, if it will be worth it :)

PS: I don't know about weather in your area, but we have rainy spring here and it looks like it will stay for another half year :D So it could be released in "spring"

Edited by skipped1

well its the 9th and no sign of anything,so much for the 10th release date.

well its the 9th and no sign of anything,so much for the 10th release date.

Hey, you never know... :rolleyes:

Hi all,

any chance to have a couple more info before 2011 ?

It's been 1 year since the last entry on the official site as it seems.

Cheers

Hi all,

Cheers

Dont waste your breath, you ask for any information the piss artists who troll the boards here come up with all kinds of bull why the company wont say anything. They cant admit to themselves its bad customer relations.

Dont waste your breath, you ask for any information the piss artists who troll the boards here come up with all kinds of bull why the company wont say anything. They cant admit to themselves its bad customer relations.

Must say I feel the same way. I kind of got interested in this:yay:, then moved on as nothing is keeping me interested:( The only fact I’m on is I put it on the favourite bar at the top on my browser otherwise it would have been lost within my many favourites.

Don't listen to him. Asking here will in fact spur the devs into releasing all those secret screenshots, videos and official infos that they have been holding back for exactly this kind of request. ;)

Don't listen to him. Asking here will in fact spur the devs into releasing all those secret screenshots, videos and official infos that they have been holding back for exactly this kind of request. ;)

And we all know that hyping up a game by releasing edited screenshots and videos along with made-up tales of non-existent features every week leads to much higher customer satisfaction after people have actually bought and played the game :j:

Just wait until they actually release information, it's always worth it with BIS.

BIS doesn't polish up the turd with marketing talk, they prefer improving the actual product through further development, so people end up buying something they are actually pleased with, rather than conning people into buying their games, then dropping all support shortly after wards.

Edited by JdB

Who's trolling now? :raisebrow:

You seem to be the only one (with the exception of cm, but his trolling is harmless).

To be Fair JBD that’s what the poster said would happen. :rolleyes:

In my View justifying the lack of information due to increased product development is a poor excuse. Yes we have all seen over hyped games releasing Videos that are not even in game etc but then I find the lack of anything even more annoying and we have seen games with very little exposure because the end result is so poor as well.

Ok so the developer has a reputation that it releases better games and has poor communication (I have to take peoples word on that). You don’t need weekly updates or monthly but its embarrassing in my view that a professional development company locks itself away from the community at large.

To be Fair JBD that’s what the poster said would happen. :rolleyes:

It's how BIS has always operated, so I could have posted something different than what the poster was already expecting, but it wouldn't have had anything to do with reality.

It's not poor communication, it's a chosen strategy to limit communication to carefully planned marketing pushes. Not something people are used to these days, because of the internet they expect an update every month (or more). Back when I started playing games, before internet access on every PC was normal, I would be happy if I saw more than one in-depth article/news item about a game (other than the preview/review) I was thinking of buying in gaming magazines. Manipulated hyping has spoiled the gaming community.

A company like Nokia doesn't put out new promotional shots for every new cellphone it is developing every month either. Neither does Porsche for their cars, Sony for their TVs, or Microsoft for any of their products. Most marketing for products happens after they are available, not like with games, as most developers are owned by mammoth publishers who make a living out of scamming people with pre-orders of hyped up games.

I'm sorry for breaking most important forum rule - don't feed the troll

Doomdark64, why are you still here? From your first post to the last, you are only whining, angry and impatient. If you accept the FACT that BIS don't post any info as long as they want, you will have much better stay here. They do not owe us anything, they don't have to release any bit of information. Even if you think you are the one buying the game, that still doesn't grant you any rights.

[/breaking rules]

Ok so the developer has a reputation that it releases better games and has poor communication (I have to take peoples word on that). You don’t need weekly updates or monthly but its embarrassing in my view that a professional development company locks itself away from the community at large.

They are not locking themselves away. BIS is quite active right now among the community. It's just that ArmA 2 has the spotlight right now, so be patient.

I'm not expecting much, but a reminder from time to time to feed the hungry crowd isn't bad either...

And even if BIS is working on Arma 2, there is a dedicated team to CC.

Hi all,

Cheers

i agree totally with you here EricM. To all the people with the "dont be impatient" line, so you think its totally professional NOT to update the main page of your games web site at least once in a YEAR?.

The bottom line is they cant be bothered to spend 10 minutes of their time to tell the public who are interested in Carrier command (NOT arma 2 as its released and being played already) that they have/havent changed the release date, or even if they are still working on it because non of the people on here who say they know how the company work actually do know, they just think they know , which is why people interested in the game want to know from the organ grinder NOT his monkey.

The bottom line is they cant be bothered to spend 10 minutes of their time to tell the public who are interested in Carrier command...

I love BIS but yea, the PR could do way better.

If they release single bit of info, you will still not be satisfied and you will want more, so BIS is not releasing anything.

Please, read one more what I wrote, I did't wrote that it is profesional or correct, it's just how bis works. Deal with it

To all the people with the "dont be impatient" line, so you think its totally professional NOT to update the main page of your games web site at least once in a YEAR?.

"Professional" is quite a subjective term. I've seen lots of developers that infrequently release info. If the devs don't want to release info (which is NOT the same thing as PR) than that's their incentive. Let me put it this way: I don't consider it unprofessional for them to be so quiet, and if they do step up their progress reports then I consider it a privilege. I wouldn't expect a small/independent developer to be very vocal about the progress of a project until right before its release, or maybe when a major milestone is reached. I think your expectations are based on a different kind of developer, with different priorities and incentives.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

I'm not expecting much, but a reminder from time to time to feed the hungry crowd isn't bad either...

And even if BIS is working on Arma 2, there is a dedicated team to CC.

That's just it. There's not really a lot of info about the team that's working on CC. It doesn't seem like it's very large (not that BIS is anyway), but they certainly don't have the same community presence as those related to ArmA. You could push the regular PR guys for more news, but it's not clear how they're related to the project.

Edited by Big Dawg KS