Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

pandemic

Anyone ever played this really addictive flash game? Its actually quite simple and effective. You basically have to chose either a virus, bacteria or parasite, then after building up evolution points you can add things to it to make it more deadly and spreadable. The basic aim of the game is to wipe out all life on the planet before countrys shut down shipyards and airports or the authorities find a cure.

http://pandemic2game.com/

kudos for anyone who EVER manages to infect madagascar.

Lol, wow. That's an interesting game. I just managed to wipe out most of Europe and Asia, as well as the United States, and this is my first time playing. :butbut:

Edit: On my second try I managed to wipe out the world apart from Australia and South America. Parasites have worked best for me so far.

Edited by Zipper5

yeah the parasite route is much slower to infect and takes longer to earn evolution points but it also has a better chance of spreading before the authorities realise its a problem. The key i have found is to try and make it infectable without being obvious. As soon as you make it more dangerous and deadly people close down transport routes quicker. So try to make it like an untreatable cold by upping the resistance to drugs then when enough countries get hit, then start making it more deadly

Cool game.

I think the key is patience. You want to have it pretty infectious before you make it too fatal....

Edit:

hehe

Just finished a game where the virus eliminated everyone except Madagascar. Started a new one specifically to target Madagascar.... and that's where my new bacteria originates. :D

Edit2:

Interesting. I was unable to stymie the development of a vaccine (although I did delay it a couple times, that dam'd Greenland hospital was able to develop it), by the time it was deployed, I'd infected 100% of the population with the virus. So, it was only a matter of collecting the evolution points and making it deadlier. Only took 275 days to eradicate humanity....

Edited by TRexian

Edit:

hehe

Just finished a game where the virus eliminated everyone except Madagascar. Started a new one specifically to target Madagascar.... and that's where my new bacteria originates. :D

X4jaqo.jpg.gif

lol yes i dont know why but madagascar is a real nightmare to infect it really is. If there is a slight change of temperature or someone catches a cold in another country they go into uber quarrantine mode. So i deffinatly know where to go if theres ever an outbreak of zombie flu.

I kept replaying and replaying til i got that damn country infected and i actually managed it, what i didnt notice was by the time i got madagascar infected, cuba had completely closed down its borders and avoided infection.

Another thing to take note of is when you get reports of flooding, that is the best time to make your virus waterborne, it spreads like wildfire in that occupying country

Edited by Archamedes

Do you think thats funny?

if your talking about the animated gif then yes. But only because i have played this game hundreds of times and anyone who else has will find that joke funny too

he he he .....the amount of evil thoughts you get while playing that game.....you are thinking them from a normal gameplay perspective....but they sound really really bad out loud ....and that is saying a lot for a game in 2010.

"hey country X is wiped out" ....." oh look at that all of Asia is red with infection" .... "ummm lets see if random kidney failure can kill people fast enough".....and....." Lets add diarrhea muhahahaha"

My Parasite is really visible, but since it causes blindness, I don't see the problem :P

I mean, i know that game bevor and the first time i've played i was shocked.

Creating a Virus? Creating a Virus that would kill the hole Mankinde with blindness, fever and that sick shit?

Which Psychophat make this stuff up? The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?

Creating a Virus? Creating a Virus that would kill the hole Mankinde with blindness, fever and that sick shit?

The same people there make games very human kill human with guns, aircraft and missiles...

If you find this type of gaming sick so stay with Tetris or Monopoly...!

There is a difference between killing humans with guns, aso "kill" virtual pixel figures, and creating a Bioweapon with braintumors.

What do you call this kind of stuff? Funny?

Thats not funny, thats psycho.

think yourself lucky you havent played "shake a baby" on iphone. Seriously there is nothing graphic with this game theres no harm in it at all and it kind of makes a change to play a game where the object of the game isn't to save the world.

What do you call this kind of stuff? Funny?

Thats not funny, thats psycho.

Says the guy with "Ultra-nationalist party needs your help" in his signature... :D

Its the mechanism of things that is interesting, how it works. I guess this game could be made in another setting but a pandemonia is something we can relate to. No need to be psycho to apprechiate it. Nuclear war for amiga was a fun game, I never felt psycho to play it against my friends.

The way I see this game its not an engineered bioweapon, you can just play around to see what mother nature can achieve by itself.

Says the guy with "Ultra-nationalist party needs your help" in his signature... :D

^ This. :D

It's quite the fun game. Obviously I recognize how horrible it'd be if it happened in real life, but this isn't real life, it's a game. ;)

And holy crap, is that Mr. Boson again after all this time? :D

Edited by Zipper5

No Game, no book and no movie can be so horrible as the reality.

I mean, look at this Virus Evolution System. That looks like an laboratory construction kit.

Edited by Dosenmais

On one hand Dosenmais likes the Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare Ultra-Nationalists and on the other side he takes flashgames serious...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to model, albeit simplistically, an international response to a contagion. In that respect, it gives the game players an understanding of how important some of these precautions are to stop a real threat.

And I really think it is less graphic to arrange the virtual death of statistical people than shoot realistic-looking 3d models of people in GTA ... or ArmA. ;)

On one hand Dosenmais likes the Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare Ultra-Nationalists and on the other side he takes flashgames serious...

Its not about the pictures, its about the idea.

And i found that the idea to kill the hole Humanity with Liver failure is more psycho than War.

Thats my moral direction.

Well each to your own i guess,

So anyways what country you live in . . . . . .0_O

And i found that the idea to kill the hole Humanity with Liver failure is more psycho than War.

So it's OK to kill virtual people with virtual guns because virtual war is 'less psycho' than a virtual disease killing virtual people through virtual liver failure?

Sorry, this does not make any sense...

true but i also think the game has a subliminal message in the fact that wether we like it or not sooner or later a virus or bacteria in real life could do just that. Mother nature is a very dangerous thing, natural selection and survival of the fittest. The dinosaurs had their chance on earth until mother nature decided otherwise. It wouldn't take long before a mutated strain of MRSA or swing flu made the decision that our time had come. Its an interesting game and also slightly eductating. All the traits you can add to your virus are symptoms that come from real life viruses such as ebola, chollera, and other more deadly viruses. man made or natural, a rogue virus that is resistant to any medicine could be just round the corner and is probably the main threat on our planet to wipe us out.

Scientists have always said forget nuclear war, meteors on collision curses with earth, global warming or destruction by aliens, the current main threat to mankind has always been an indestrucive virus just maturing and waiting to strike. its a scary thought but thats the way it is