Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2005

Herro community, I've been meaning to get these guys released for awhile. They are US Infantry from late 2004 through 2005 when the US Army was issuing ACU and going through it's "Modernization" period, which led to many mis-matched units running around. Plus, the mixed camo just looks cool. These guys were originally made by CameronMcDonald for ArmA1, under the same name. I've made some model and texture changes to them, and are releasing them for ArmA2 before I leave. Sadly, I will be gone through the release of Arrowhead (maybe it's a good thing really...:confused_o:). So, I guess you could just drop the PBO in Arrowhead and tell me what happens via PM. I'll probably send the source files to someone if they are willing to modify the config while I'm gone. Just send me a PM if interested.

I left out the combat patch and unit patch. Too many people whined about not having the one they wanted, however the clan logo should appear their in MP. These guys are good for early OIF / OEF recreation. They look great on the Helmand Valley map, and probably will look really well on Takistan / Zagrabad.

In the addon I added one weapon, the M16A4 Ironsights from ArmA1. I saw this as just a little extra. Yes, I know it is in ACE2 but some of us in the community don't play with ACE2 or ACEX all the time. Not sure why it was left out of ArmA2 in the first place, but that's BIS' issue :confused_o:. It's class name, as well as all of the unit class names are in the readme file.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Time for credits, screens, then the download link.

Credits & Thanks :

CameronMcDonald - He made these units. I literally did almost nothing except a useless port to arma2. These should read CMCD's US Infantry 2005 (ArmA 2).

Johannes - Most (if not all) models in this are his, especially the gear pouches. Provided hilarious in game moments, youtube clips, and all around motivation. He will also get drunk off his ass with me if he is ever in the states.

Ebud - You'll know his work when you see it...it's amazing.

Screens:

2005_release_1s.jpg

2005_release_2s.jpg

Click for full res and quality.

Changes:

- Added OA backpack system

- Updated a few models

- Fixed smdi maps on a few guys

- Added two new backpacks "bink_medical_pack" and "bink_radio_pack"

Download:

US Infantry - 2005 v1.1

Usual installation, I mean it hasn't changed in 9 years...it really can't be THAT difficult. There is no ACEX config, probably won't be...I don't see a need for it. Don't be a pirate, ask before modifying.

And remember,

Rain rain go away, that's what my my haters say.

Enjoy :rolleyes:

Edited by Binkowski
Updated, version 1.1
  • Like 2

posting in a binkowski thread

beautiful units. I think they're your best work yet... aside from the glowing clothes units (heheheheheh, just kidding)

Edited by Fox '09

Yeah the ACU Pattern on these are epic! Really amazing job Bink. Easily your best units that you have released!

Two more screens:

587Yr.jpg

58hX0.jpg

doh. submitted it to armaholic, quick quick fix the link!

or ill look like a fool :(

Nice release mate, thanks again.

He did it again ;o

Thx for that one Bink

ah and AWSOME:x

Since the Download link Bink posted is, for some reason, not working. I'll post a download link here.

It's just the Pbo. No Bisign.

I guess just wait till Bink comes back on Monday and he will fix the problem.

If anyone REALLY needs the bisign, PM me. I'll send you a DL link.

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOFUD1ZS

Thx for this nice looking unts, Binkowski! :thumbsup:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

6221323.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1392][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/6221323.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1392]DOWNLOAD - US Infantry - 2005 (v.1.0) - [71 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

bisign? is this a type of virus?

I think I just jizzed in my pants after reading this.

aaanyways, congrats on the public release, Bink!