Sign in to follow this  
Frostman

ArmA II Stargate Mod

Omg I LOVE Stargate like I can't explain. Definitely watching this mod.

have my babys Ice

No, have mine. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

*Side note: the Ha'tak is a little bit too orange. Try for a more bronze look.*

*Side note2: Was that Prometheus that I sent you usable?*

Just watched alot of your videos Icewindo.Awesome stuff just watching them.What mods do you use beside your own modifications?

Just watched alot of your videos Icewindo.Awesome stuff just watching them.What mods do you use beside your own modifications?

Thanks, I use VopSound most of the time, for some videos ACE and other islands (e.g. Namalsk for my ArmA1 videos) , should be named in the description if I didn't forgot. If you name a specific vid I should be able to name all addons though.

have my babys Ice

:rock: :p

No, have mine.

*Side note: the Ha'tak is a little bit too orange. Try for a more bronze look.*

*Side note2: Was that Prometheus that I sent you usable?*

1: Should be easy to tweak by rvmat

2: Nah, it was very high poly, so much that O2 would explode if I attempted to import it ;) .

We allready have alot of ships models in "game-ready" definition as Major Pain gained the permission to use a large number of Bridge Commander Stargate ships.

Infact, the deathglider, Ha'Tak, Ori Fighter and dart come from their community.

The F302 model is still the one from bxbx for OFP.

See this one for my updated space map and darts/deathgliders/f302 in action:

KpKtUTMD5qA

Direct Link:

Edited by Icewindo

I really like your work guys !

Thanks Icewindo.VOP sounds dam good in Stalker2 video.

Shame your not making a full on Stalker mod.I still watch the Stalker 2 video once in awhile.Its very atmospheric and I imagine a trader sending out the group of stalkers to take over an area known to be full of artifacts.

SVN Revision No 33 has been released, see first post for details.

Hi all,

Got a new video for you.

UT8vujaHmA0

Edited by Frostman

cool video frostman.

I was so looking forward to seeing the gate in action then you got killed i was like, awww man!

cool video frostman.

I was so looking forward to seeing the gate in action then you got killed i was like, awww man!

Yeah, I didn't specifically choose to publish that video for that exact reason... honest. :rolleyes:

can you tell us, when the demo or first release is ready for use?

I will endeavour to keep you updated to when one will be available, however I don't have a release date yet.

SVN Revision No 34 has been released, see first post for details.

Just a "breakthrough" at some of my interior setup plans.

The problem with large buildings, vehicles etc. is that there seems to be a limit of the geometry size. Once it's too wide/high the geometry will fail. This potentially limits spaceship interiors to a certain size if they're made of one single object. To counter that, I had the idea of creating a "tileset" containing seperate corridors, halls etc. staying inside the geometry limit which then could be joined to form one large complex.

The problem with that was that I couldn't get the AI to walk from one segment to another, even with paths defined for quite some time.

Yesterday I had another try and it works now:

Quick and dirty destiny setup with some of the corridors I created, my Icarus Base units, Lucian Alliance soldiers and some objects from the Google Warehouse.

The structure shown in this vid exists of 3 "long" corridor parts, 2 corner parts and one normal sized hall segment.

They can be linked together to form a endless large, (ai)-walkable interior setup.

[/Quote]

Video:

edit:

Youtube tag, it no worky!! (?) -> disabled.

Disclaimer for the purist fans:

About accuracy, a 100% faithful representation (of ze Destiny) will take months, more likely a year or two. With my literally dozens of other projects compromises have to made as long as none steps in with some custom models (maybe even textured) and helps pimp the project.

[/Quote]

Edited by Icewindo

This is looking amazing,cant wait (am currently watching my library of SG1 and Atlantis aswell)

Will there be a M.A.L.P (perhaps as a mobile ammo box :P)

Jafar scoutship or a puddle jumper

I could go on , but you probably hate me already:P

Great stuff guys,keep it up :)

Edited by sehun

that was pretty cool!

This is looking amazing' date='cant wait (am currently watching my library of SG1 and Atlantis aswell)

1. Will there be a M.A.L.P (perhaps as a mobile ammo box :P)

2. Jafar scoutship or a puddle jumper

3. Different kit (black, desert)

4. Any Go'auld models (Apophis etc)

5. The SGC

I could go on , but you probably hate me already:P

Great stuff guys,keep it up :)[/quote']

1. Done, I converted bxbxs MALPs from OFP, released in late May '10 (Click)

2. Scoutship? Deathglider? There's a deathglider in early stage (can fly and shoot). For the jumper, I added some stuff to MPs WIP version, but it'll be stuck for some time as our ships craftsmen have paused/stopped modding

3. Yep, currently SGC troops are outfitted with Snow, Woodland, Olive Green and Black versions (plus the russian SGC soldiers), Atlantis units in Black/Blue and White (scientists)

also see the SGC/ATL Unit release thread for some screenshots/more info: Click

4. Apophis exists in his golden serpent guard armor, but no other custom Goa'Uld models yet (Jaffa Release Thread). Mainly, because they will need very much customization and completely new outfits. If you know someone who could fire up some models for that, be sure to tell me :bounce3:

5. A SGC exists for OFP by bxbx, we have his permission to port it. Some textures would need a facelift though.

edit:

I think you've found some of these stuff when I was writing :p

Edited by Icewindo

so you did it like the ofp stargate command center? many single parts that you can stick together?

the floors and rooms are a bit big and the colors look a bit weird. its too stone-like.

here i found some reference pics. i hope they help you.

eidt: wow oh great you got permission to convert the SGC??!! awesome!!! :D :D

in arma 1 i also tried to make it useable. if i remember right i only had to change the required version in the config..

some features like workable doors etc. would be really cool! for both the SGC and the destiny =)

Edited by Tobie

looks like the AI doesnt get that there is a corner they could lean out from... is this fixable?

i dont think so... the Ai is just dead from the neck up...