Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Thanks for the update! Thought I'd mention how much I like the auto-update feature. Excellent ;)

I have a problem on XP64 with OA 1.56 and the 1.4.2 release.

The new 93696 byte 'dsound.dll' crashes with both arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe upon loading. Crash says the problem is within dsound.dll.

If I replace 'dsound.dll' with the old 47104 bytes long 'dsound.dll' from the 1.3.8 lib release, it works flawlessly.

I have a problem on XP64 with OA 1.56 and the 1.4.2 release.

The new 93696 byte 'dsound.dll' crashes with both arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe upon loading. Crash says the problem is within dsound.dll.

If I replace 'dsound.dll' with the old 47104 bytes long 'dsound.dll' from the 1.3.8 lib release, it works flawlessly.

Known bug. Fix is done, just havn't pushed it yet because I'm waiting for the next beta.

Workaround: Download and manually install the newest version. The crash is created by NOT having this folder:

@JayArmA2Lib\Auxillary

(yes, its spelled incorrectly)

OK I am going to install this for use of the RTE however I have no idea of the effects this has on the normal game is it going to affect me in other ways Im unaware of?

OK I am going to install this for use of the RTE however I have no idea of the effects this has on the normal game is it going to affect me in other ways Im unaware of?

No. It is strictly an auxiliary resource for other mods to use; it does no direct modification to anything itself when it isn't utilized.

On that note, update pushed for latest beta.

this addone or the RTE gives me some bullshit error and its hard to read cause it comes up in the middle of the screen and I also see it in my campaigns which really gets my goat.

this addone or the RTE gives me some bullshit error and its hard to read cause it comes up in the middle of the screen and I also see it in my campaigns which really gets my goat.

Pro-tip: Figure out if its the RTE or JayArmA2Lib before coming here all pissy. ;)

And if hard to read means you can't read, find someone else to read it so you can post it, otherwise thats not really a helpful bug description at all.

Ok I just did a clean install of windows and reinstalled Arma 2 from scratch I went throughj the files here for this dsound.dll Theres one for the root directory and one in the expansion folder do I put them both in or just the one in the root? from what I read I thought the root was a progression thing I just wanted to know if having two load could screw anything up?

updated for beta 76815, zip package updated. Auto-update pushed.

Added support for commandline options:

-noautoupdate (doesnt do auto-update checks)

-noautostart (doesnt restart once update is done)

@breeze: The Expansion\beta is only if you are running the betas

I'm sorry, but is there any instructions how to use this anywhere? I know to put things where they go, but when i open the game I do not see anything different.

Especially now that RTE wants us to use this. I can't figure out how this even works. I don't know scritpting.

If i add units in the rte and use this program, where is this program? and how will it know what i did in rte?

I appreciate any help. I used rte since ive had this game and now it doesnt work anymore because it has been changes to work with this now.

Someone help. I really do need someone to draw me a picture or spell it out for me. I am getting frustrated.

thanks

If its working and you don't know any scripting then you wont really notice anything lol... This is an API for communicating between different programs and ArmA2.

If something says it needs it and that something is working as expected with this installed then its working. ;)

Is there a way to shut off the auto update it always says there's a new one and there's not

Is there a way to shut off the auto update it always says there's a new one and there's not
It only updates the one in the OA folder.

Perhaps you also use expansion\beta? In that case you need to update that file and it will go away.

Lastly perhaps it has put itself in your VirtualStore, which becomes a true updater nightmare if it is :)

Well I got the latest version so it shouldn't need an update and now that you pointed out the expansion folder I removed the expansion folder and it still tries, because basically your saying the expansion folder was a beta so I was kind of running two inadvertently.

But when I launch Arma2 It keeps saying it wants to update Jarma2lib If I choose yes it still wont do it.

How do I check this virtual store thing?

Well I got the latest version so it shouldn't need an update and now that you pointed out the expansion folder I removed the expansion folder and it still tries, because basically your saying the expansion folder was a beta so I was kind of running two inadvertently.

But when I launch Arma2 It keeps saying it wants to update Jarma2lib If I choose yes it still wont do it.

How do I check this virtual store thing?

add -noautoupdate to your arma2 path.

ok tried that it still does it. To be honest I can live with it I just was hoping to get rid of it by chance

Does anyone know if it matters that jayarmalib NEEDS to be in the shortcut? Or can it be activated in the expansion section in the game? After restarting of course.

I mean is there a difference between how we get this in the game?

Does anyone know if it matters that jayarmalib NEEDS to be in the shortcut? Or can it be activated in the expansion section in the game? After restarting of course.

I mean is there a difference between how we get this in the game?

It is required to be in your modline. The DLL does not initialize if it does not see '@JayArmA2Lib' (not case sensitive) it in the shortcut modline path.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

ok tried that it still does it. To be honest I can live with it I just was hoping to get rid of it by chance

Still running arma2 as administrator?