Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

also stops things crawling up your leg, like leeches.....

it's been one busy weekend.. i haven't had much time to work on these. but here's what i have, just another tease.

eightpoint_s.jpg

One piece

Hey bink what vest is he suppose to be wearing? The scalable plate carrier?

These guys look awesome by the way!

Hey bink what vest is he suppose to be wearing? The scalable plate carrier?

These guys look awesome by the way!

yes, eagle scalable plate carrier.

it's been one busy weekend.. i haven't had much time to work on these. but here's what i have, just another tease.

One piece

That... Is... Beautiful. :eek:

BTW, how are those identification badges coming along? I saw a piece of it in the older screenies, but the clipping blocked them out.

BTW, how are those identification badges coming along? I saw a piece of it in the older screenies, but the clipping blocked them out.

the clipping with them is the only issue i'm having, it was getting to the point where you couldn't even read it. so i removed them until i resolve the issue, i hope i can before the release.

Really looking forward to these mate, if you need any help with any texturing hit me up, be keen to help out.

I blouse my trousers, I am a Army MP. However its not required by regulation and BCT soldiers normally cannot do it and must tuck until they grad.

the clipping with them is the only issue i'm having, it was getting to the point where you couldn't even read it. so i removed them until i resolve the issue, i hope i can before the release.

That's a damn shame. I hope you can fix them before release. Perhaps making them part of the actual vest model would help? Maybe instead of them being a seperate model? I know modelling is not your strong suit (it isn't mine, either) but maybe it's worth a shot? I don't know. Anyway, keep up the great work, mate! ;)

I blouse my trousers, I am a Army MP. However its not required by regulation and BCT soldiers normally cannot do it and must tuck until they grad.

Army, army. So many uniform regs and yet they still end up looking like walking, talking broomsticks. Just kidding. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

That's a damn shame. I hope you can fix them before release. Perhaps making them part of the actual vest model would help? Maybe instead of them being a seperate model? I know modelling is not your strong suit but maybe it's worth a shot? I don't know. Anyway, keep up the great work, mate! ;)

Army, army. So many uniform regs and yet they still end up looking like walking, talking broomsticks. Just kidding. :p

that was actually my thought! lol. and regarding the army, you know it's true alderman :). lmao.

Will these guys be wearing the new combat shirt or just the simple MCCUU blouse?

Look at what I found: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/rebl/newmarine.png :p

Argh, matey! I has found hidden treasure: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/rebl/ :p

that was actually my thought!

What a coinkydink! :D

and regarding the army, you know it's true alderman. lmao.

Especially with the USAR and ARNG. Their ACUs and Class As look like damn M.C. Hammer outfits. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

With the patch couldnt you model the patch and weight it onto the vest, and have a seperate texture and just have hidden selections? Dont really know, just an idea.

With the patch couldnt you model the patch and weight it onto the vest, and have a seperate texture and just have hidden selections? Dont really know, just an idea.

actually, this is exactly what i tried. but for some reason.. it was still clipping. maybe i was having a weighing issue? also i was having troubles with the hidden selections.

well if something is weighted properly it shouldnt really clip (pouches ect), not sure :S. also no idea about hidden selections never tried, but do want to learn. might try to get a proof of concept done in the morning.

EDIT:

Ok, so i actualy just tested it then cus i couldnt wait and seems to work fine, very basic.

arma2oa2011060201192826.th.jpg

Just added it to the Spine3 selection and theres very little movement on it (granted i only tested it for a few seconds) Hope this helps a lil mate.

K off to bed now...

Edited by Rhodesy77

Might we see these Marines in DCU?
I will just add that I would like to see them in desert marpat too, not only in woodland marpat. Thanks Bink. :)

Might we see these Marines in DCU?

Probably not, as it'll be very anachronistic.

I will just add that I would like to see them in desert marpat too, not only in woodland marpat. Thanks Bink.

Same here. Binkowski is good at texturing work.

@Bink: idk if you mentioned also included desert digis too but on a few guys could you possibly have a couple guys with MICH helmets? they are starting to merge in as a personal selection for marines these days

@Bink: idk if you mentioned also included desert digis too but on a few guys could you possibly have a couple guys with MICH helmets? they are starting to merge in as a personal selection for marines these days

Really? Some pictures would be appreciated; most Marines still use the LWH. ;)

What, a Filipino airsofter? Just kidding. Anyway, if that were a real Marine, he'd be the epitome of Geardo, never mind the fact that his laces are shite and his trousers aren't bloused, but this guy has all the gear he needs, and a sidearm for good measure. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Really? Some pictures would be appreciated; most Marines still use the LWH. ;)

MOST marines excluding myself use the light weight but the mich is still employe especially in EOD units and MEF's. but heres a pic http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/rrbllRDvvLo/Marines+Protect+Vital+Kajaki+Dam/LeC3xVbhaUb/Dillon+Paulus they really dont come up in picture searches but if you look through this thread (http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?167027-The-United-States-Marine-Corps) they can be seen on some marines while others have the light weight