wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

I bought ArmA 2 OA today, and I already had ArmA 2 on my computer (finished once, having another crack at it).

Finished once? This aint a game you finish. Have you tried the sp editor and the Mp editor?

Youll never finish anything once you get into building your own stuff.

If you ever need help with the editor at least with knowing the basics, then give me a shout,

or ask some of the guys on the forums here, theres plenty of them that "only" play in the editor. Sp game whats that?, lol

Technically speaking, OA is a different executable file. arma2oa.exe or arma2_oa.exe, one of those.

When you installed OA it should have created a different entry for OA in your Start menu.

You can tell you're running OA because the interface will be tan colored and the text is smoother than Arma2.

Also, you can transfer your A2 controls to OA, follow instructions in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1771930

I click on the desktop icon, the Start menu appears, I have "Options" menu to change audio, video, controls etc, Single player, Multiplayer. I click on Single Player, Select "Campaign", and there is just "Harvest Red" in there. That's where I would have expected "Operation Arrowhead to appear. But it is not present.

How do i get more points in the Wizard editor? Im stuck with 7500 points.

are there any mods or guides on how to do this?

I dont think there are any guides for the wizard as far as I know, but there is this guide for the regular editor:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Mission_Editor

You are trying to build missions for yourself with the mission wizard?

I see what your trying to do, but as far as I know theres know where to edit the 7500 points you get in the wizard.

I played around with that editor, and tbh it is simple to setup, and do, but in the reg editor theres no limits,

little more advanced but not hard.

I've been playing about in the editor with a US M252 81mm mortar, but after it fires its 8 rounds, how can I re-arm it?

I've placed an ammo truck nearby but there don't seem to be any mortar rounds in it, just other stuff!

Hey spike,

What you can try is drive an ammo truck to the mortar, then get in the mortar, and it should rearm automatically,

and look at your action menu and see if theres an option to rearm.

Something I've never figured out:

How do I order my AI to something in their local when I'm way off somewhere else?

Say they're near an empty truck and I want them to get in it, I can't use the mount menu because that only displays things around me, I can't order them into it from the map because map icons are off so any way to do it?

Also is there a nice detailed up to date manual for Warfare somewhere? I have many questions about little things in it.

Hey Flanker15,

What you do is if your off somewhere else like you said and your AI is somewhere else near vehicles, highlight their F number,

then hit 4, select the vehicle from the list you want your AI to get into, and then tell him to get in as driver.

Also is there a nice detailed up to date manual for Warfare somewhere?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Warfare_1_-_Editing_Guide

this is for Arma, but most of the stuff in it should relate, if theres other questions about

Warfare be sure to check out the warfare thread in the usermissions section.

Hi good people, first of all, please excuse my anglish

writing (as I am a french Canadian).

In Joint Operation I made lots of coop maps for my friends

and they will like to play ArmA 2 so my question is..

Is it possible (with ArmA 2 mission editor) to make maps

on which a bunch of players can play againts the AI??

(real coop missions)

If so, where can I find tutorials to help me understand

the ArmA 2 editor and make those map ???

Many thanks in advance good people.

Ranker...out!!!

In Joint Operation I made lots of coop maps for my friends

and they will like to play ArmA 2 so my question is..

(real coop missions)

Many thanks in advance good people.

Ranker...out!!!

If you want to make/play missions for coop you definatly picked the right game!

Head over to armaholic.com and grab as many coop missions as you like.

That guide is more for editing warfare, I'm looking more for a players manual which explains icons and upgrades etc...

Using mount command worked this time when I tested it, guess something just bugged up when I used it last time.

Thanks.

(real coop missions)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Mission_Editor

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78089

For coops againsted Ai with friends, you will need to build MP missions, so what you do is

-start up your game

-go to multiplayer

-start a new server you host

-pick a island you want your mission on

-play as new editor

-once in the editor you will need to cosider a couple of things,

1.how will you and your frineds respawn

2.where will they respawn unless you want revive or instant respawn.

-also you will need to add a description script in the folder of the mission you build, so that you can respawn.

here is a tutorial I put together couple months ago, on how to find your mission, what folders, and other important stuff.:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1658123&postcount=2

RANKER

if you need help or are having trouble with creating missions for coop, then send me a pm on the forums,

here and maybe we can hook up an evening and I can walk you through makign coops, they are fairly easy to do,

but doing it for the first time can be overwhelming as well as confusing.

let me know, other wise those guides should get you started, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask.

That guide is more for editing warfare, I'm looking more for a players manual which explains icons and upgrades etc...

Using mount command worked this time when I tested it, guess something just bugged up when I used it last time.

Thanks.

Sorry Flanker15, heres a page full of manuals, warfare is among them, see if its the one your after:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79628

hope that helps.

Hi Ranker, and welcome. Heh, your English is vastly better than my French, no need to apologise at all.

If you want to create MP vs AI missions, take a look at

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81694

AIUI the F2 Mission Development Framework project is intended to make developing MP missions straightforward and simpler. Haven't yet tried it as I'm only just starting to look at editing but the very positive feedback in the thread from major contributors to the BI community like kju & Kylania has put it near the top of my to-read list. I'm sure the 'search' function will pull up other threads you'll find useful.

As Flanker says there are lots of MP missions of various types - P vs AI Co-op, PVP, CTF, etc. You'll find there are lots of members here willing to help you; this is a great community. Just dig in the wikis and use 'search' first to see if your question has already been asked & answered.

Ciao

Carl

I bought ArmA 2 OA today, and I already had ArmA 2 on my computer (finished once, having another crack at it). I went to install, it asked me if I wanted to re-install. "OK" says I.

I eagerly launched the game, and there was "Harvest Red" staring at me again. I didn't want to finish it the second time...maybe not yet anyways...I wanted to play the "Standalone Expansion" of OA. I couldn't find any reference to OA at all. Perhaps it was because I "reinstalled" the expansion.

So I uninstalled, and installed Arma 2 OA.

Now I have to go back and do boot camp again, campaign is still Harvest Red - SAME MISSIONS!

My question is this...where is OA? As a "Standalone Expansion" with "ArmA 2 not required to play this game", surely I don't have to complete "Harvest Red" AGAIN to enter OA missions. It should be a seperate campaign.

Did Bohemia Interactive accidentally drop an ArmA 2 disc in the box I bought instead of an expansion disk? I bought an ArmA 2, and was also given a copy as a present. Do I now have THREE copies of the same game?

I only play Single Player, and I didn't use Steam at all. Do I need to "activate" it or similar using "Steam" to get it to work?

How do I get to play "Operation Arrowhead"?

Any help is gratefully accepted.

Well, I solved this problem today. I uninstalled the whole thing AGAIN, got my receipt and took it back to the point of sale. I showed it to the salesperson, who immediately recognised that the disc itself did not have "Operation Arrowhead" in the logo. When I opened the game when I got home, I merely thought that BI were saving money by utilising the same label for the expansion pack.

I suspected that the salesperson had merely gone along the drawer full of discs and selected the first one that had "Arma" written on it. That was exactly what had happened. The salesperson on duty ducked down into his drawer, and retrieved another disc. This one had the "Operation Arrowhead" superimposed on the logo. Can't wait to get it home and fire it up, but I will have to wait a few days (I work nights, so I'm not going to install and start play at 1am).

Edited by Steved

In the editor, I place a US soldier (me), a HMMWV Terminal, and an in-flight UAV.

But when I walk to the HMMWV Terminal, there's no 'UAV' option to allow me to see what the UAV sees.

In the editor, I place a US soldier (me), a HMMWV Terminal, and an in-flight UAV.

But when I walk to the HMMWV Terminal, there's no 'UAV' option to allow me to see what the UAV sees.

Take a look here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73363&highlight=uav+operator

& the Biki link in the last post in the thread.

BR

Carl

PS: a tip: I've never scripted the UAV; found these links (& a lot of others) using 'search' for "UAV operator". C.

Thanks, i'll have a crack at the UAV thing, but they should have put it in the manual to save us having to chase around the net for info..;)

Thanks, i'll have a crack at the UAV thing, but they should have put it in the manual to save us having to chase around the net for info..;)

Hi mate

A full manual covering everything from basic gameplay to most of the ins & outs of editing would probably be as big as the Oxford Shorter Dictionary and hence prohibitively expensive. It's the flipside to having a game engine - and a really supportive company behind it - that is as flexible and moddable as the BIS one. OTOH a decent introduction for new players is sorely lacking.

In case you haven't found it already, here is a thread full of useful links on editing:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78089

Ciao

Carl

Edited by Carl_D
Firefox somehow attached a new post to another forum

Günter Severloh

Master Gunnery Sergeant &

Carl D

Lance Corporal

I am very appreciative of your kindness and your help.

I thank you very much and I will, time to time, check with you people, trough this forum and ask for your expertise in map making.

All the very best to you and your love ones.

Ranker...out!!!

Been playing Arma 2 for a while now and want to upgrade to Arrowhead. Have a question though. What is the difference between having Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead in comparison with having Joint Operations? Looks like some of the units on the forum require you to have Joint Operations and I was curious as to why this is.

Joint Operations it's a kind of free for all RAMBOING style of

game.Each player think about their own score no teamwork,

especialy regarding coop.

But if you want the real deal, a military simulation, then

ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead is the way to go in my mind.

It is your choice to make, as long as you are happy the kind

of game you get is of no matter.

Been playing Arma 2 for a while now and want to upgrade to Arrowhead. Have a question though. What is the difference between having Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead in comparison with having Joint Operations? Looks like some of the units on the forum require you to have Joint Operations and I was curious as to why this is.

You are sure you don`t mean "Combined Operations"??

If you have Arma2 and buy OA then you have Combined Ops,it`s the same as buying the bundle.

You are sure you don`t mean "Combined Operations"??

If you have Arma2 and buy OA then you have Combined Ops,it`s the same as buying the bundle.

Sorry that is what I meant. Is there something like if you only have OA that you cannot play certain things with those that have both?

Just curious as to why some units would advertise that they are combined ops specifically.

Well if you have only Arma2, then you have only the Units, Missions and Features that Arma 2 has. If you have only OA, then you only have Units and missions that OA has. If you own both, then you have the combined ops package. You have all the Units from arma 2 and from OA, all the maps, all the Missions, and all the Features. Now you can use OA Features like the FLIR in Arma 2 Missions. Some Mission designers choose to use units from Arma 2 and from OA. If you don´t have CO you wont be able to play those missions

Günter Severloh

Master Gunnery Sergeant &

Carl D

Lance Corporal

I am very appreciative of your kindness and your help.

I thank you very much and I will, time to time, check with you people, trough this forum and ask for your expertise in map making.

All the very best to you and your love ones.

Ranker...out!!!

Hi Ranker

Heh, I'm no expert!

It occurs to me maybe you don't know there's a French language Forum on Armaholic - I have no idea how active it is. Might be useful if you have a problemt hat's hard for you to translate.

BR

Carl

Hi

How do I order an AI squad mate to change to his AT weapon to engage an armoured vehicle? If I just order him to attack it he says he's unable to.

Nevermind sorted it now, just been a bit thick!:)

Edited by RedMonkey