wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

hey there, i got a small question related to the Intro and Outro´s in Arma 2. I was reading the Intro guide for this, all worked fine, now i tried to start a outro with the same stuff, but the outro just stays black if i exec it. thanks in advance

Hi Coffeecat

welcome to the forum. It seems that the end trigger is not been activated. have you placed an end trigger in the outro?

You need to have end trigger in your outro scene. Place a trigger and in the condition field type end.

end=true;
Player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]
camDestroy _camera
Exit;

This should be at the end of your camera script. You must activate the end trigger first before exiting the script, activating the end trigger in your outro scenario, before you destroy the camera and exit, If the end trigger is missing the screen stays black until doomsday come.:D

kind regards

@Fasdaff

This is a steam thread on this forum, look through here and see what you can find:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73554

also there is this on steam itself.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

I really dont know what to tell you, I mean I can tell you where your profiles, and your usersaved missions and what not are,

but as far as transferring, missions or progress if not saved, obviously cannot be transferred. it could be a steam

game issue something I dont know about as I only own the DVD version of the game Arma2.

Hope that helps.

I managed to get some help and fix the problem; I ended up having to go into the OA profile files and put my progress in manually. Not sure why I had to do that when everything seemed to transfer automatically for all my friends, but at least it works now. Thanks anyway.

Nice that worked, thanks:)

you're welcome. In case you have more questions related to mission editing, please post here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

It is more likely that your post will be seen there and someone will answer. In any case please use always the search button before opening a new thread, because it's most likely that your question has already been answered a thousand times. LOL:D

get yourself Mr. murrays editing guide. It's written for Armed Assault but 99% of the stuff is still valid also for Arma.

Kind regards

p.s. Wie ist das Wetter in Deutshland?

Edited by nettrucker

Shouldn't Apache and Abrams gunners have FLIR? I've been pressing the Optics Mode key (delete) while looking at the normal scope, but nothing ever happens. In fact, I have only ever gotten the Optics Mode button to do anything with a nightvision scope.

And how do you tell which weapons have flashlights and lasers? The default L button does seem to freaking work with the flashlight, and even the ; key I replaced it with is finnicky.

@ Gunter. I think that may be the problem. The co-op missions I play on MP servers have mission objectives but not specific waypoints as far as I can tell. I play user generated missions on [-44-] Clan co-op server. I assume that if the writers of the missions don't script in waypoints then there is no way the AI are going to move. So it is a case of be Squad Leader or you are on your own. Thank you very much for your replies and help mate

you're welcome. In case you have more questions related to mission editing, please post hear.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

It is more likely that your post will be seen there and someone will answer. In any case please use always the search button before opening a new thread, because it's most likely that your question has already been answered a thousand times. LOL:D

get yourself Mr. murrays editing guide. It's written for Armed Assault but 99% of the stuff is still valid also for Arma.

Kind regards

p.s. Wie ist das Wetter in Deutshland?

Ok sure il do that. Yea i have Mr.Murrays Guide allready but couldnt find it there.

We got snow here allready i like it, my car doesnt;-)

Sorry it's not a reply but a question...

I have ArmA 2 which dosen't need the dvd to play

and I have Operation Arrowhead but for OA I have

to put the dvd in to be able to play.

Question:

Is there a patch that I can install so I can play OA

without the dvd in the driver ???

thanke you.

Sorry it's not a reply but a question...

I have ArmA 2 which dosen't need the dvd to play

and I have Operation Arrowhead but for OA I have

to put the dvd in to be able to play.

Question:

Is there a patch that I can install so I can play OA

without the dvd in the driver ???

thanke you.

Use the latest beta patch for OA and you don't need the DVD in the drive.

It won't alter the ufficial patch and you can launch it from the beta exe.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

kind regards

Edited by nettrucker

Once you have a static weapon or tripod in a bag and on your bag, how the hell do you deploy it? My only option is drop.

And has anyone managed to run CO with both beta patches and mods?

First of all, thank you very much nettrucker you are very

kind.

Some more questions if I may....

One of the people with whom I play OA sent me a

multiplayer map that he found on the internet and

ask me to add more AI and vehicles in it, which

would be more realistic.

Question:

1) Why can't I open his map in the editor ???

2) What is the procedure to follow to achive this ???

N.B. He sent me the .PBO file (as he didn't have

the other files(Init.sqf, briefing.sqf, description.ext))

Many thanks in advance.

N.B. He sent me the .PBO file (as he didn't have

the other files(Init.sqf, briefing.sqf, description.ext))

These files Init.sqf, briefing.sqf, description.ext are in the pbo, the pbo is the mission.

You extract the pbo and you get a folder with all the files in it.

1) Why can't I open his map in the editor ???

Because you have to extract the pbo so it in a folder format and move that folder to your mp usermissions folder,

refer to the link below, I have a tool in there on how to do it as well as a guide.

here is a post I made a while back responding to someone who asked generally the same questions,

"how to modify existing mp missions"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1658123&postcount=2

Günter Severloh

I apologize sir to not having read ALL threads and reply

you have on this public forum (68 pages), if I had taken

the time to do so, I wouldn't have to disturb you with all

my questioning.

But at my age dear sir the time is short :o

I am very appreciative of your help and your kindness.

All the very best.

oops sorry nearly forgot..

is there a specific place to put those tools & program??

Edited by RANKER

Hey Np, man,

I would do it for anyone, it dont matter to me, if you have an honest qustion and you dont know then I'll do my best to see if I can help.

If necessary and if fitting I'll point you to the proper place or remind you of forum rules :D

as for your question:

no the tool dont need to be in a specific place, just install it and go from there.

What are some scenarios for a person really new to this?

Also, does ACE work with OA?

And is ACE good?

Scenerios for OA?, cant really answer that as I dont have the game.

But I guess the tutorial missions if there are some. Surely someone who has OA can reccomend some for you.

As for Ace there is an OA version,

you can get it here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12155

Ace extras:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12158

I'm sure its good for OA, it is great for Arma2.

A mod/game is good only in the eye of the beholder, download it and see for yourself.

So, I have a few question.

I just did a co-op game with my friends, but all I could do is tell them in the chat that there's a dude at 3 o'clock and from there they had to blindly search for him.

So, I was squad leader and I was wondering if there was any way to MARK them for my friends to see them, instead of blindly telling them their where abouts.

I'm asking that because when me and my friends plays with an AI squad leader the AI always marks enemies with red reticles so we see them, we're always playing on regular too.

Also, what are laser markers for exactly, if I point my laser at a building and my friend is riding an AH-1 or something does this mean he'll be able to press TAB and lock on to the laser?

Can laser markers be used to mark targets for your infantry friends to see too?

Just order your teammates to target/engage the ennemy with your radio => 0 => 2 => 1,2,3,...

Might be depending of the level of difficulty, not sure anything will appear in hard mode

Which laser are you talking about ? those on the side of your weapon or the laser designator ? If you want to target an ennemy for others to be able to lock it you should use the laser designator

Edited by Macadam Cow

I'm playing regular, and in the missions we do we can't seem to use any radio, but if it's the AI as a squad leader he can mark targets.

and I tested with a friend with the laser designator and me in an AH-1, and it worked except it didn't lock on to anything.

When I shot hellfire missiles it went right to his laser but it told me I couldn't lock on to anything and it was even telling me it didn't lock on to anything when I was firing it, and yet it went right for his laser marker everytime, no matter where he aimed.

and yes I mean the laser designator.

Also, what are sidewinders for?

they didn't work with the laser designator like the hellfire did.

Also, what are sidewinders for?

For shooting stuff down from thy sky (fast anti-aircraft missiles). :p

What are some scenarios for a person really new to this?

Also, does ACE work with OA?

And is ACE good?

If you have Arma2 or Combined Operations (A2+OA), then the original campaign that came with Arma2 is quite good training on a relatively simple level. ACE will probably complicate things for you, if you are really new. I would advice you to get to learn the basics first

-OP

Help! I'm Arrowhead 1.55 and am wondering why it goes into jerky "slideshow mode" after a few minutes play?

It happens on 'High' AND 'Normal' global video settings.

My PC is quite good spec-wise,and i've updated my vid drivers, so I can't understand why this should be happening?

Is there a video setting in the 'Advanced' category that I could try tweaking to fine-tune things?

I'm-

Intel Core2 Duo E8500@3.16GHz

RAM 4.0GB Dual-channel DDR2@400Mhz

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1024Mb

WinXP Home SP3

HannsG 28" widescreen

you can:

- try to use the latest betapatch

- try to switch AA and shadows off and put all other settings to normal

- try to reduce the viewdistance

- lower screen res or play in window mode

- cross fingers or pray that BIS will find a magic spell "run A2OA without problems, bugs and other issues" ;)

Edit

- you can try it with -exThreads startup parameters

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

Edited by NoRailgunner
need moar coffee!!

How do you run this game in windowed mode? I want to run it in windowed mode @ 1280x720 to get a performance gain.