wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. I'm just talking about most of the ones on the map, like the red diamond and other stuff like that.

I never saw an answer on this i.e. what are some of the icons and all mean on the map? Is there a legend somewhere?

Sorry for helping but not the NATO ones.

Map type symbols that are indicating some type of geographical feature at that point or some other meaning. Not in front of the game now so can't describe better or send a pic.

Example is I know the red dots are enemies and green friendlies. But there are red diamonds (maybe unknown enemy?), tower looking symbols and such. More like geographical info I was thinking or a structure of some type.

I never saw an answer on this i.e. what are some of the icons and all mean on the map? Is there a legend somewhere?

Most should be pretty obvious for most icons. I think the red diamond was the "mountain peak" symbol in ArmA. In ArmA2 it's a black triangle with a dot in the middle.

is there a way to let the AI ignore targets? Im in a campagne of Arma2 (Bitter Chill) where my platoon is harrassed by two choppers. They keep shooting at them even if I put combat mode on Safe, they also dont move anymore but keep on hiding, even if I put them on safe combat mode. Because they dont move fast enough they get butchered by the choppers.

You can also tell them 2,1 (No target), but that only helps so much. There is another thread on here about this very problem.

I'm installing the games now, do I have to update ARMA 2 to 1.07 before installing OA?

I'm installing the games now, do I have to update ARMA 2 to 1.07 before installing OA?

I think it has to be updated to atleast 1.05 but just to be sure i updated to 1.07

OA install will do that automatically, just patch everything up to 1.54 and you'll be good.

is there a way to shut off certain missions in the armory and keep getting one type prompt (e.g. assassination missions) all the time?

Hi all, i've just purchased OA, i need to know which patches to install to get it up to date. Idont have ARMA2 installed.

Help would be great thanks..

Hi all, i've just purchased OA, i need to know which patches to install to get it up to date. Idont have ARMA2 installed.

Help would be great thanks..

1.54 is what your looking

1.54 is what your looking

So if i install patch 1.54, this will include all previous patches aswell?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question:)

yes, unless you got oa from steam, then it should allready be up to par ( and, with steam, you cannot use the manual patching metod, you have to use the steam way )

Not sure if the version from sprocket is 1.54 though

Is there a way to completely go without the background movies in the menus, god i hate it!. I already start with the -world=empty shortcut, but you still get a 3d environment loaded and after playing a mission or using the editor you still get the last world loaded. It plays crappy with stutters and only consumes needles GPU power. Just a background picture would be much nicer.

It plays crappy with stutters and only consumes needles GPU power. Just a background picture would be much nicer.

Sounds like you seriously need to upgrade your video card/RAM and probably CPU. Even during long time play my GTX470 never really gets over 40% GPU usage.

Sounds like you seriously need to upgrade your video card/RAM and probably CPU. Even during long time play my GTX470 never really gets over 40% GPU usage.

I have i7 920@3.5 Ghz + 6GB DDR3 ram & XFX GTX285 Black Edition (factory o'clocked). The point is, i'd rather use my GPU for the game itself instead of some 3d wallpaper.

Something's not right there, I'm getting great FPS and no stutter.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (3.4ghz) stock

4GB RAM

AMD/ATi 4870 1GB stock

Not running all maximum though, but even at maxed out it's not exactly a slideshow. Driver problem?

Ok im no ArmA II / OA noob but i have a problem, i want to add difficulty to my parameters but can seem to find anytihing regarding it, i have in place already time of day, grass options and revive option so how do i add Difficulty options?

If its possible i would like to add four options

-Regular

-Veteren

-Expert

-Custom ( with this i would like to set anything and everything)

Thanks in advance

Ok im no ArmA II / OA noob but i have a problem, i want to add difficulty to my parameters but can seem to find anytihing regarding it, i have in place already time of day, grass options and revive option so how do i add Difficulty options?

If its possible i would like to add four options

-Regular

-Veteren

-Expert

-Custom ( with this i would like to set anything and everything)

Thanks in advance

You do that when picking the mission. It's part of the multiplayer game picking interface and is server, not mission, based.

Hello. BattleDonkey reporting for duty. (first post :D)

I have been playing since "Cold War Crisis", and I am familiar with most of the controls, but only recently started playing On-Line with "Combined Operations".

Is there a way to hide the command icons - soldier avatars at the bottom of the screen, when I am in command of soldiers ?

It makes it very difficult for me to see the text while in multi-player. I have tried to change it in the "Options""Difficulty" settings with no luck.

Thanks in advance & see you on the battlefield.

hallo

is there any "hidden command" for player to use??

1. If AI ask "Where are you??", what answered should i gave him??

2. Is there any command to "Go, i cover" ??

I have tried this ARMA2:OA as a demo. Here is my impressions about this game:

Helicopter control are too sensitive.

Graphics are great.

Realism is great also.

I don't want to see this happen: Bohemia will develop as realistic combat simulator as Tom Clancys Ghost recon. Ouch. That game is for realism seekers only.

I got a ARMA2:OA benchmark mission score as FPS 5. Is it bad or is it enough to play the whole game?

hallo

is there any "hidden command" for player to use??

1. If AI ask "Where are you??", what answered should i gave him??

2. Is there any command to "Go, i cover" ??

You dont need to tell the AI where you are, they always no, i think they just like asking. As for go i'm covering, they say this when there in danger mode, you can put them back into safe mode but they will not go into safe mode if there is still enemy AI about.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

I have tried this ARMA2:OA as a demo. Here is my impressions about this game:

Helicopter control are too sensitive.

Graphics are great.

Realism is great also.

I don't want to see this happen: Bohemia will develop as realistic combat simulator as Tom Clancys Ghost recon. Ouch. That game is for realism seekers only.

I got a ARMA2:OA benchmark mission score as FPS 5. Is it bad or is it enough to play the whole game?

I have no problem with the choppers but i use a joystick, 5 fps sounds very low, i havent played the demo so i dont know if its the same bench mark as the full game, but anyway i get 30+ on the full game bench and i wouldn't like to play with anything less.