Sign in to follow this  
hovmand

New island!

Hats off to those geniuses behind OFP Internals, looking really good!

LOL

NTC - National Training Center, Fort Irwin California. Large expanse of land used by the US military for joint combined arms training.

m16a2m203

aka vM Grenadier

aka gren

I hope those tools will soon be released. Then there will be lots of new maps, not only missions and we can get a taste of what's coming with oxygen maybe smile.gif

New island available for download. Check it...

anyone have the direct link to the download cause i think you have to register to get it

biggrin.gif

@OFP Internals:

You make dreams come true!

Wunderful!

Thanx for your good work OFP Internals!

nik

Have no real bugs encountered so far, like terrain anomalies, in fact even with low res textures the terrain is nothing short but a realistic and accurate representation of actual digital elevation data of the NTC- looking excellent.

For optimum results set a "setviewdistance" trigger, to extent your view distance to 3000 - 4000m or so.

Kudos to OFPInternals and vM Grenadier!

wrpedit1.jpg

wrpedit2.jpg

If you are planning to work with WRPEDIT once released, you should check the Virtual Marine´s homepage:

http://www.virtual-marines.org/ojr/wrp.html

vMGrenadier wrote an excellent tutorial on how to prepare relief data, gathered from digital elevation models, for usage with WRPEDIT.

Thanks to the easy to understand tut i already prepared some reliefs of local BW exercise areas for import. biggrin.gif

Wow…It looks great! Now I REALLY wish that tanks in OPF were more realistic sad.gif...this map would be great for long distance tank battles.

Hello

I want to say thank you for that great new island.

It is really a great work , i enjoyed to use the mission editor to make a little night infantry patrol in one of the south canyon .

The event i made with the editor where a mi17 began to fly over our head in the canyon was very immersive in that island setting .

A very great work , i hope to see an updated version with the vertiginous island border bug fixed and some rocks added to hide behind them ;)

Keep up the good work and thanks again

hey satchel have ya released that AH-64 yet? looks friggen awsome!!! i want i want i want i want i want!

anyone wanna post a link directly to the download, because im having problems registering.

Satchel what Graphics card do you have because ive never seen OFP graphics that good. Also, where did you get those Apaches I dont think ive ever seen those either.

jester ... he made the skins for them AH-64's if ya read what i said you would have found out .....

and why it looks so good is , is cozz he changed the setViewDistance to a high number so he could see much further on a map....

i just found out how todo it and i must say it looks friggen sweet once ya set the right light level on the map it just looks amazing. Only if the islands could be larger, kinda weird how it cuts off all of a sudden....tho it make a great sim to drive off cliff faces hehehehe =tounge.gif

i just love the way the light hits the hills and that on the map =biggrin.gif

/me goes to play a quick mission i made that has like 6 T80 platoons and 6 m1 abrams and a 2 heli groups all going on a head to head battle.... kinda reminds me of that old tank sim "tank platoon" or somethign like that .... desert with tanks that have been blown up with smoke hehehehe

I love the new map , but I was kinda looking forward to see a river on it somewhere. Oh well maybe next time. It's still awesome!!!!!!

How can i change view distance?

i´ve tried searching but it doesn´t find nothing at all sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

OK BIS, it is over for you and your fuc*ing Oxygen.

Incoming new editors for OFP wink.gif

You can extent your viewdistance by placing a trigger in the OFP Editor.

I.e. press F3 after you opened the Mission Editor and doubleclick on the map to place a trigger, the Trigger dialogue box will show up.

From the "activation" field dropdown menu choose "Radio Alpha", and type "setviewdistance x" (without quotation marks)  into the text field "on activation" further below, where is x is the number in meters you want to set your viewdistance to- i used 4000 in those pics.

Now place a unit on the map, when previewing the mission activate your radio/command menu by pressing "0-0-1" choosing Alpha - the viewdistance will be triggered by this.

There are other ways to do it, but i find this the most comfortable for direct comparison.

The month the screenshots were taken was May, local OFP time 1730.

Screenshots look good because i use a combination of negative LOD settings, anisotropic filtering and 2x FSAA on my Geforce 3.

For how this is done with 28.32 detonators check out this post:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;t=9856

For the AH-64 addon, i wanted it to be as good as possible, some features like custom NVG´s sadly don´t work yet, i was hoping for a solution and still do.

Until now the AH-64 has been completely retextured, a new instrument panel layout, respective Attack helicopter crew with new textures, retextured XM177E2, custom sounds and is currently tweaked for realism not gameplay balance.

It may be OFP Internals come up with a solution for making NVG´s and Binoculars work, so i´m waiting as i really want to implement this.

tried the island with set view distance 3000 at 5.30 am ..... OH MY GOD wow.gifwow.gifwow.gifwow.gif !!!!!!!!

it's fantastic

instead of all that trigger nonsense just type

'setviewdistance benchmark' into the init line of your soldier, and if you don't like the result just change benchmark into a number, then play around with it biggrin.gif

I just put a trigger over your startpoint with a "detect west" and have it set the viewdistance.  it will execute it immediately.

Satchel:  negative LOD's?!?! im checking out your other thread