Sign in to follow this  
itsme

Guys I need your help (clash with BF fans)

By reading the comments there I would say you don't need help at all.

It's pointless as ArmA2 is way too complicated for the majority of the kids gamers there. It's a waste of time, really. Instead posting there (and get flamed) you could play another mission or two.

Just leave them alone with their shooter. :)

Before this gets locked - who's help do you want and wtf do you want them to do.

Looks to me like you just wanted to start an argument for no reason with people who are interested in a different game to you.

Pretty sad actually. :j:

By reading the comments there I would say you don't need help at all.

It's pointless as ArmA2 is way too complicated for the majority of the kids gamers there. It's a waste of time, really. Instead posting there (and get flamed) you could play another mission or two.

Just leave them alone with their shooter. :)

This guy is got a point (Spekt0r)

"So other than sheer trollage what is this all about? plus if you have followed the series since Operation Flashpoint you will know why Arma isn't a popular game. lt is much less to do with the gameplay other than the presentation / delivery of it, take OFP and dress it up with high res textures and shaders and you have ArmA2, all the same clunky control systems, weakly interacting animations and abrasive sounds are still there adding to that almost the complete lack of development of the particle effects / physics and you're left with something that seems to have rooted itself firmly in OFPs success and refuses to progress for fear of alienating the few fans it has and not gaining any in the process.

If anything I would cite Arma as the only game that is too ahead of its time, other games create a basic game play and throw everything into rendering... computers are very good at rendering things, they are however very poor at simulating even the most basic of systems... I almost feel sorry for them that they are throwing so much effort into something that computers in their current state simply can't do which in turn leaves their development floating in a great idea that can at best be poorly implemented."

lol, why does everyone feel the need to love ONE game?

I play Bad Company, Arma 2, Red Faction, Crysis, Half Life..etc. I am a member on loads of forums, and never feel the need to go ape shit on anyone lol. People like different games, that's their problem.

I enjoy the fact that I can play every game on the market, without feeling the need to stereotype everyone.

Ok, you go into a BF2 Forum, telling them that ArmA 2 is better than theyr game?

Why all of a sudden i think of this ad?

Youre not doing anyone any favours by posting threads like that.

BF fans keep banging on about Realism when you talk to them about MW2, so I wanted to know why they dont play Arma, it turned out that realism for them isnt really a big issue

People like that are addicted to the "Fast" Shooters. My son has MW2 for the xbox and ive tried it and I was getting pissed. There is no strategy and nothing more than just running around shooting. Of coarse I kept dieing and I would only get maybe a couple kills.

One thing that I think would help ArmA2 in dipping into that market would be to make soldier movements/animations quicker. Ofp was a perfect speed in my opinion. Arma was too slow and ArmA2 I think is a bit faster but not by much.

Why do this?

You are an idiot, this game does not need flame like this. Really what is your point.

Why not just leave people to their own devices, instead of trying to incite hatred across different forums.

Your a fucking dickhead, leave the game, leave the forum and go play a console game.

Anyone that rants on about how realistic they want their games to be, and at the same time complains that it takes longer than 5 minutes to complete a "match" as they call it are not to be taken seriously anyway. Simply not worth the effort it takes to type out one side of an adult conversation.

For them a reward is a flashing text and a new unlock. For me (and I imagine many other BIS fans) it is seeing all of the objectives ticked-off and friendly casualties kept to a necessary minimum. Like how a real army fights. I haven't seen any flashing text showing up on HUDs or UAV screens in unedited news-coverage of either Iraq or Afghanistan so far.

Don't waste your time, play ArmA2 instead.

Edited by JdB

Why do this?

You are an idiot, this game does not need flame like this. Really what is your point.

Why not just leave people to their own devices, instead of trying to incite hatred across different forums.

Your a fucking dickhead, leave the game, leave the forum and go play a console game.

+2 infraction points for insulting other members.

If you just registered here for this then I advise that you are to leave this forum.

wolle got dem ban hammers ;)

Anyhow, my view on this: useless thread, both here and there. What is even worse, is that you want to bring more from this community to "help you" in your "clash", and for what?

There is a reason BIS has a certain type of community, and to be honest, i would prefer it to stay that way

wolle got dem ban hammers ;)

Anyhow, my view on this: useless thread, both here and there. What is even worse, is that you want to bring more from this community to "help you" in your "clash", and for what?

There is a reason BIS has a certain type of community, and to be honest, i would prefer it to stay that way

I was hoping to get a decent discussion, since a lot of BF fans especially the new ones seem to look for realism, so maybe alot of them didnt hear about Arma

plus both games are kinda similar, apart from arma being too realistic for them

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Anyone that rants on about how realistic they want their games to be, and at the same time complains that it takes longer than 5 minutes to complete a "match" as they call it are not to be taken seriously anyway. Simply not worth the effort it takes to type out one side of an adult conversation.

For them a reward is a flashing text and a new unlock. For me (and I imagine many other BIS fans) it is seeing all of the objectives ticked-off and friendly casualties kept to a necessary minimum. Like how a real army fights. I haven't seen any flashing text showing up on HUDs or UAV screens in unedited news-coverage of either Iraq or Afghanistan so far.

Exactly, a few months ago when MW2 came out, they were complaining about the missions being too short, and now they are complaining about Arma's missions being too long, these BF fans are really in the mix

your attitude there isnt really conducive to a "decent discussion". its more akin to trolling.

your attitude there isnt really conducive to a "decent discussion". its more akin to trolling.

I had to change my attitude when I realized I was talking to kids:627:

a few months ago when MW2 came out, they were complaining about the missions being too short, and now they are complaining about Arma's missions being too long, these BF fans are really in the mix

I see this activity on every single forum I ever see. "They" are seen as the same people and thus are all indecisive.

I wonder what response you might get here from forum members after starting a thread that begins something like "Hey you guys want to play a game, try BC2, it's more of a game than ArmA2 is".

Acting like a spiteful elitist on other games' forums might not be the best way to represent the Arma2 community, although perhaps the most accurate. You don't even have any real counter-arguments to their surprisingly polite, rational and valid reasoning. Instead, you respond with insults and immaturity. Bravo.

This thread, and the thread at the other site, should both be locked. This doesn't even relate to Arma 2 general, how come it's open?

lol, why does everyone feel the need to love ONE game?

I play Bad Company, Arma 2, Red Faction, Crysis, Half Life..etc. I am a member on loads of forums, and never feel the need to go ape shit on anyone lol. People like different games, that's their problem.

I enjoy the fact that I can play every game on the market, without feeling the need to stereotype everyone.

This

This thread, and the thread at the other site, should both be locked. This doesn't even relate to Arma 2 general, how come it's open?

and this.

lol, pretty poor imo. Image how the BI coummunity would react of someone came on this forum and just said

"Hey guys, OFP: DR is way better you should play that game not this one"

I guess that's a bad example, because someone like that deserves a large flame. It's more of a:

"Hey guys, BF: BC is way better you should play that game not this one"

IMO it would make combat so much less traumatic if they did :D

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Also, this thread should be locked. The behavior in that other forum (by both sides) is simply asinine, behaving like that does nothing to promote ArmA 2 or its community.

Why do this?

Removing the naughty parts I agree with the remainder.