Sign in to follow this  
eble

IkaR's F14 comes to Arma2

Hey, 1.5 is very BAD fix, because it disabled afterburner, I cant aim enemy vehicle with GBU12 and AIM9 has less power....please, turn these parts back, thanks a lot

Hey, 1.5 is very BAD fix, because it disabled afterburner, I cant aim enemy vehicle with GBU12 and AIM9 has less power....please, turn these parts back, thanks a lot

This is what happens when you rush something.

Please find below the last hotfix of this weekend :)

I've re-instated the afterburner (I know it has issues)

F-14 GBU aircraft can self laser targets again.

AIM9 damage increased back to previous level to ensure most times it a one missile kill.

I'm off to bed

http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/ikar_f14_ir%20Beta%20V1_51.rar

It's pretty unpolite to tell someone who spent days with working on a addon that he has done something "BAD" (even uppercasing it) and for sure it's disrespectful.

No problem with critic but please do it in a kind manner. Else some might think if it's worth to work and release theyr work in the future and i doubt that this is what you want. Thank you.

Lol, nice one with the fixes, spesh the afterburner back yay... Big up :)

Thanks for answer, I downloading addons from armaholic.com and there was only 1.50 version...:) now its ok and thanks a lot for these fixes

This is what happens when you rush something.

Please find below the last hotfix of this weekend :)

I've re-instated the afterburner (I know it has issues)

F-14 GBU aircraft can self laser targets again.

AIM9 damage increased back to previous level to ensure most times it a one missile kill.

I'm off to bed

http://users.adam.com.au/southstar/ikar_f14_ir%20Beta%20V1_51.rar

I am sorry to inform you of this Emperor Foxhound, but yes, you have gone nuts. The link was there the entire time... :p

OT: Great update. Off to try it now. On another note, love the RACS version. I've been having them pull duty with Mirage III's from the RSAF 2nd Squadron. Expect a screenshot soon. (I hope. been having an issue lately)

It's a bit off topic but does the community have a witness protection program? Foxhound is coming after me for this. :D

On Topic: The Legacy version is just frakkin amazing. I'll see about posting a pic with it flying formation with a mirage. (I know I said that the other day but I received a new Mirage III and life has been hectic.)

Just seen the last cupple of posts and the update.

I will take the blame for the GBU and AIM9's.When i went thru the weps to make sure the weapons were correct for AA2 ,i forgot the "tweaks" that Eble had developed.

Sorry fella's.

Steve. :)

Just seen the last cupple of posts and the update.

I will take the blame for the GBU and AIM9's.When i went thru the weps to make sure the weapons were correct for AA2 ,i forgot the "tweaks" that Eble had developed.

Sorry fella's.

Steve. :)

It's all good steve, your sounds have improved it alot and the other tweaks.

This addon is a big leap forward from version 1.0

Southy

To be honest I've got no further interest in the whole it flies like a brick argument now.

Were you responding to me or to quicksilver?

one question!.. How can you get AI to enable burners?.. Is there a certain script you have to insert the init line?..

thanks

Hello, good'm New Here, i am from Argentina, sorry for my bad English.

someone could make this version. logos put on airplane like this in the photos, post here

f14iran.th.jpg

changing to

f14argentinachangetextu.th.jpg

logos for airplane (png)

Download here

please somebody can texture in airplane

msn cyclone71@gmail.com

Edited by Mospeada71
text

one question!.. How can you get AI to enable burners?.. Is there a certain script you have to insert the init line?..

thanks

Link to your you tube channel does not work ?

This addon really looks great! Thanks for making and sharing it with us.

I do have one sugestion:

- The gunner's "sight camera" doesn't move (pan) like for example a helicopter (AH-1Z, Ka-52, Hind, etc...) gunner's sight. Please make the gunner sight camera movable for the F-14.

Hello, good'm New Here, i am from Argentina, sorry for my bad English.

someone could make this version. logos put on airplane like this in the photos, post here

please somebody can texture in airplane

msn cyclone71@gmail.com

Make the texture yourself. You will find included with this addon is the .psd texture, so you can make your own texture. :)

These AIM54 seem to have a lifespan of only 15 secs (before ArmA removes them), it might be quite good if you change that for 60 secs or even more.

These AIM54 seem to have a lifespan of only 15 secs (before ArmA removes them), it might be quite good if you change that for 60 secs or even more.

Will do that in the unified missilebox.

Make the texture yourself. You will find included with this addon is the .psd texture, so you can make your own texture. :)

If I knew how I would is do textured. but not se as modify.

please somebody ,can textured

use translator :(

nose como hacerlo,nose como es esto ,por eso lo pido por favor si alguno puede hacer le agradecere mucho

Edited by Mospeada71
text

Since the F-14 will be the main platform for the AIM-54, here a little teaser how they will look like in one of the future updates (no ETA so far so don't ask).

372-aim54_final.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

just a reminder for AIM54 weapon configs.

2x AIM9 + 6x AIM54 <- Rarely used

4x AIM9 + 4x AIM54 <- Rarely used

2x AIM9 + 2x AIM54 + 3x AIM7

2x AIM9 + 4x AIM54 + 2x AIM7

2x AIM9 + 6x AIM7

4x AIM9 + 4x AIM7

Made this Video using this mod! Found the Grey F-14 had LOD issues at long range it turns white so I swapped to the White F-14s. But they were awesome to fly and we spent a number of hours creating the footage. Thans for all your hard work guys!!:yay:

This is a re-enactment of the famous inverted barrel roll engagement in Top Gun movie 1984. Maverick preforms a inverted a barrel roll above a fictional Mig 28. We did this using Arma 2 using the Ace SU 27 and F-14 Tom Cats. Visit http://www.vma.net.nz for more info on Arma 2.

QMmU6AOg9j4

great addon otherwise but i think the engines are too small

xin_0902042510434572998832.jpg

you can spot that the engines are much larger in real life

Made this Video using this mod! Found the Grey F-14 had LOD issues at long range it turns white so I swapped to the White F-14s. But they were awesome to fly and we spent a number of hours creating the footage. Thans for all your hard work guys!!:yay:

This is a re-enactment of the famous inverted barrel roll engagement in Top Gun movie 1984. Maverick preforms a inverted a barrel roll above a fictional Mig 28. We did this using Arma 2 using the Ace SU 27 and F-14 Tom Cats. Visit http://www.vma.net.nz for more info on Arma 2.

QMmU6AOg9j4

Nice video! I really enjoyed it. :D

Great Vid.

I am having a problem with the mod though.

error saying extended event handlers wanted.

Great Vid.

I am having a problem with the mod though.

error saying extended event handlers wanted.

Well then, download CBA (which eXtended Event Handlers are part of) and run it. Problem solved.