Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

It is beyond me way BIS have taken so long to make a Afghan/Pakistan style addon. Ever time there has been a community map based on Afghan it is always downloaded in droves. OA does look good but i hope the campiagn is better than amra 2's.

OA does look like it will have plenty of new desert units for us to use, BIS have even done their own WMIKs.

I know, without community this game would be dead in 14 days :)

I would have preferred a different map than Afghanistan (since BI is making one already),

maybe Somalia? we could play the events of 1993 in Mogadishu (black hawk down)

would love that, you know, something else for a change!

Dude, last time I checked this thread said "Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP"...

Please refrain from further posts such as yours and direct your thoughts to this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74039

Dude, last time I checked this thread said "Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP"...

Please refrain from further posts such as yours and direct your thoughts to this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74039

all,

I will have a site up and running where there will be updates on this island, this will mean people will be able to see the updates without having to go through comments that really have nothing to do with my island.

Its simple really, if you don't want to use my Island then don't i'm not forcing it upon you, you can wait for OA! :rolleyes:

well said arb if you dont like the idea make your on map and stop posting pointless posts here bashing this effort

Arb can you pm me the link

Arb have you read Stuart Tootals book?. there are some pictures of the Sangin dc FOB which look interesting, a building of the same type would be quite good in the built up area. and give us a location to mount ops from.

@ezy1: if you read the first few pages theres was alot of discussion about an FOB and i think someone is going to release a pre designed template which mission makers can add to the map in the editor

DF

Edited by DarkFenix100

I would recommend:

- Patrick Bishop's Ground Truth: 3 Para Return to Afghanistan

- Doug Beattie MC's Task Force Helmand: A Soldier's Story of Life, Death and Combat on the Afghan Front Line

^^ this one describes action in Green Zone along with patrol base action.

I would recommend:

- Patrick Bishop's Ground Truth: 3 Para Return to Afghanistan

- Doug Beattie MC's Task Force Helmand: A Soldier's Story of Life, Death and Combat on the Afghan Front Line

^^ this one describes action in Green Zone along with patrol base action.

Reading Ground Truth at the moment. I have Task Force Helmand and am gonna start that next week as im off on hols to Oz. Long flight = plenty of reading time.

This map is deffo gonna give us the ability to create some realistic missions.

update: this is very eary WIP of a compound made from one of DarkFenix100's walls.

compound.jpg?t=1268934335

compound1-1.jpg?t=1268934566

looks great, really! i long to see it finished it's a great work ;)

however i can't appreciate at 100% all these improvements as long as AI movement reamains lame...

@arb - that's looking good man. nice job by you guys.

@ caprera - im sure if the wall/compound entrances and such are wide enough, ai will do just fine:D

Looks awesome. My only critic would be the grass can be a pain to fight in when lying prone. If possibly, can you scatter it a little more (so it's not a full carpet). This should make it nicer to fight in and should also make it look better visually (as the grass fades into desert).

wow guys i cant even think of words to descride this..btw i sent pics of this to my cusin in afghan..arb he told me to tell you to pm me with any questions or anything at all..and i am to contct him and get you answers..he said he would join this comunity to help as an advisor..but hes too busy..so he said sorry for that!

but he said he may get a2 just to play this..cause btw my cusin is a very built..boldheaded airborne guys..but trust me..hes a lil kid on the inside..he has probly played more games in his life..then most of us ever will haha!

Arb, get on MSN. I have an example of breachable walls for you.

Are you going to include ladders on some of the compound buildings so we can get onto roofs?

@ezy1 its a possibilty.

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

There will shortly be a website up and running with updates on this Island.

http://arb.armaholic.eu/

Edited by arb

arb: please check the grass I see in your wip shots - I'm using the same "autumn" grass for new Panthera and this type cannot be "crushed" to ground by rolling on ground?

Great work on the map so far Arb and thanks for keeping us so up to date. :)