Sign in to follow this  
arb

Afghanistan Green Zone 10km Island WIP

cheers. will give it a go tomorrow.

Looking forward to it! :)

and as a sidenote...if you add a ditch into a steep enough hill, you could make it look like it dug in right in the middle of where the hill and flater sufaces meet! i saw a pic of this, but have not beable to find it. so if i do ill post it.

EDIT: ok this is not the pic im talking about(i dont think its even in afghan), but it kinda has the same idea! exect the other side being flater..and possibly near a road or good point for an ambush!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/31/article-1203501-05E98A35000005DC-565_468x309.jpg

got what you mean, I think.

lol yeah sorry its hard to explain, or even find a decent refference pic!btw like the second texture Schancky posted!

maby this pic is better..but imagen one side taller(but as part of the terrian..and minus all that boom boom in side it lol) as it make it better for fighting, cause some times the enemy could blend into the back drop(as with out thier whole head and torso Silhouette will stick out!)..which makes for easy picking off...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/694288.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD4AFD7DEEB774FCAD3209056744303CC9F8863F98C9F4E162

Edited by soldier2390

arb, those are looking great even with clutter mixed into them:icon_eek:

ye,looks already pretty good :)

still its a bit too tight, if one is crouching and aiming, anotherone hardly can pass behind him. make it 1m more wide and the shape is great!

the texture is not really the best for now, but i think you are goin to improve it!

bit darker for example.

Edited by KrAziKilla

quick update, been working on the roads/ tracks. taking shape...:p

4422492349_d0e3fe6d09_o.jpg

Browsed through cgtextures.com, my guess would be you'd probably find something suitable in the Soil/Sand with pebbles or Roads/Dirt Roads categories.

It's also good to have a look at the Scrap/Stone debris category.

Good hunting! And thanks for cool updates

Browsed through cgtextures.com, my guess would be you'd probably find something suitable in the Soil/Sand with pebbles or Roads/Dirt Roads categories.

It's also good to have a look at the Scrap/Stone debris category.

Good hunting! And thanks for cool updates

Thanks, some excellent textures there.

Finally a smaller island. Wow, I can't believe I'm saying that after loving the whole idea behind the original OFP.

been working on getting the irrigation ditch as a road so that its easier to put on the map. think it will be ok, just hoping AI don't try to drive down it :)

4424197785_1a001c97ae_o.jpg

hey arb you are a master :D how it coming on i had to wipe my comp today so i lost everything :(

coming along ok. not good, :butbut: had to do the same a few weeks ago and lost everything, thankfully it was only an island I was messing about with rather than a real project.

Thanks to the BIS sample models I have been able to create an irrigation ditch which is a road object and also has grass clutter attached to it.

Needs more clutter adding but gives you an idea of what I have.

no issues performance wise either.

4424816369_d239e0ecb8_o.jpg

4424816299_e46400c53c_o.jpg

4424816191_f9d418737f_o.jpg

Very very VERY Nice work arb! What a peice of art! Bloody fantastic!!!!