Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH MGS wpn pack 1.1

will there be a fully ACE compatible version of your pack?

also will you make any NV scoped weapons, for ACE this would be awesome, since there are only very few of them

I'm actually working on a new ACE config for this like the one for the HK pack. I hope Robert wouldn't mind me posting it here.

The current one is also compatible, but the one I'm building is more like what the config would be if the weapons were actually included in ACE (sounds, recoils, reticles etc. must be matched).

Sounds great, will there be a possibility to link it to Six updater too ?

Sounds great, will there be a possibility to link it to Six updater too ?

That's the plan :)

I've updated my ACE configs with support for this pack.

http://www.alphasquad.net/arma/mod/asr_rh_aceconfigs-v2.zip

Includes:

@asr_rh_mgs_ace for the MGS pack here

@asr_rh_hk416_ace for the HK416 pack (to replace asr_rh_aceconfigs)

Must be loaded last, like: -mod=@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_mgs_ace

Some of the M4 Custom models have IR and flashlight, you should be able to switch between them after next ACE update (Friday):

Edited by Robalo_AS

sounds excellent man, be cool to see a couple of the weapons actually making it into ACE, so we could see it more in multiplayer.

awesome, will the ACE version be also available for SU ?

sounds excellent man, be cool to see a couple of the weapons actually making it into ACE, so we could see it more in multiplayer.
This is a common mis-conception.

Seeing it more in MP is no reason to add it to ACE. http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Goals_and_Scope

And as evident by Robalo's efforts, making ACE features available to 3rd party addons is easy:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Features_for_3rd_Party_Addons

Instead, Six Updater is the answer to running mods in MP; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Either running them off the official network (129 mods currently), or setting up a Custom Repository; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

awesome, will the ACE version be also available for SU ?

Are now.

Edited by Sickboy

sorry Sickboy, although even though you do say that, there is no denying how many servers use ACE, maybe I will beg my clan to use these weapon packs now that they are much better with ACE.

To be honest, once I started making my friends using Six Updater and have a mod list in a .yml file to which I give them a link to put in Six Updater, I no longer have to beg anyone to download and run any mods. Six Updater does it automatically when they click on the shortcut I made them create.

Sighting options are missing for many Iron sight weapons, also I was wondering if there will be any further versions, like NV or Flir addons, for ACE this would be quite awesome.

Is this the pack that has the M4 203 with the ACOG+Doctor optics, i.e. an ACOG with a holo mounted on top?

I've been looking for that addon and can't figure out which one has that variant.

I think so, I know the Mk14 mod 0 has them, so I figure the others with ACOG's will too.

Is this the pack that has the M4 203 with the ACOG+Doctor optics, i.e. an ACOG with a holo mounted on top?

Yes, the M4 Custom models with ACOG have a Docter sight on top (have to say I love the look of those M4's, and their variety :)). It's a red dot though, not a Holo.

I'm having some issues adding the new M60s and Mk43s to my SP campaign. I'm trying to add them to my description.ext so players can pick the weapons for their squad. I keep getting the "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.RH_m60e4acog'" errors. All of your weapons from this pack show up except the M60E4 and MK43 with Acog, eotech, and elcan. The bare M60E4 and MK43 with no optics do show up, however.

The class names that aren't working are:

RH_m60e4acog

RH_m60e4elcan

RH_m60e4eotech

RH_mk43acog

RH_mk43elcan

RH_mk43eotech

There may be more, but these are the only guns I've noticed that don't show up.

Edited by TheRev709

I'm having some issues adding the new M60s and Mk43s to my SP campaign. I'm trying to add them to my description.ext so players can pick the weapons for their squad. I keep getting the "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.RH_m60e4acog'" errors. All of your weapons from this pack show up except the M60E4 and MK43 with Acog, eotech, and elcan. The bare M60E4 and MK43 with no optics do show up, however.

The class names that aren't working are:

RH_m60e4acog

RH_m60e4elcan

RH_m60e4eotech

RH_mk43acog

RH_mk43elcan

RH_mk43eotech

There may be more, but these are the only guns I've noticed that don't show up.

Hmm , those class names been changed after Robalo's update config

So you missing the "_" - to make it like this = RH_m60e4_acog

Hello all , and Mr. Hammer. '

thanks for your great weapons...

A question for everyone.

Does anyone else have issues Not hearing RH weapons in MP servers... If i pick up an rh weapon I can hear it.. /// However, if someone around me picks one up (i can see it) but when they shoot i cant hear it...?? I can hear there mag change... but no Shot...

Its been that way since i started using RH weapons... but i have never seen anyone else talk about it ...

On a side note i also run all the weapons mods on Six Updater as well. Like i said, I haven't read anywhere about a conflict with other weapons mods. So if anyone knows there are please speak up I would like to hear the RH weapons, that other players are using in MP..

Thanks!!!!!

=LP=

ACE update on DEC 01 2012 using six updater may have broken the scopes on sniper rifles like the m14EBR sniper (X 12 scopes?) ... when you attempt to scope up (aim) instead of going to the scope overlay.. the model just moves into your view like a red dot or similar would and you're left just looking at the back of a scope model. Luckily my roomate hasn't updated the ACE suite, so we rolled back.. it seems like it actually might be ACEX rather then ACE but not sure.. and now that it's working by using the old ACE suite prior to the DEC 01 update.. I'm letting sleeping dogs lie and leaving it alone. Short Dot version of scope was unaffected.