Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH MGS wpn pack 1.1

In the "normal" folder is non-ace config , if want to use the pack without ace mod , simple put them your addon/mod folder ,

but don't forget use only 1 cfg! , not both at once

Got it, thanks! I'm using non-ACE at the moment.

I would kill to see your excellent Mk.16 and Mk.17 SCAR in a more traditional black color. Obviously the tan makes sense for Afghanistan, but in Chenarus I would prefer black.

Found a small bug: In a MagicBox there is M4A1 Custom Tactical, but in a RH MGS Weapon Box is not present...

P.S Robert, can you in future updates to add more Tactical (with Handgrip) versions, please?

MagicBox:

126267.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RH MGS Weapons Box:

126268.jpg

M4A1 Custom Tactical (left) & M4A1 Custon (Right)

126269.jpg

Edited by Raison

Found a small bug: In a MagicBox there is M4A1 Custom Tactical, but in a RH MGS Weapon Box is not present...

Oh , thx mate for report , M4A1 Custom Tactical will be added into mgs box in next version :)

P.S Robert, can you in future updates to add more Tactical (with Handgrip) versions, please?

Maybe in future version ;)

are you gonna re-texture the xm8s so its all colors like green for forest/jungel & white snow ops.

also there is 1 weapon i really miss XM29 OICW, it would be so fucking cool to se it in arma 2. also XM25 grenade launcher would be nice to see :)

Edited by sweguy96

In the "normal" folder is non-ace config , if want to use the pack without ace mod , simple put them your addon/mod folder ,

but don't forget use only 1 cfg! , not both at once

SUGGESTION - humbly put... perhaps you could package the mod with the configs in their own folders called

addons/ACE config/

addons/Normal config/

and put a README FIRST!

that says at the top to remember to choose which config to copy into the addons folder

out of my 10 man squad, not oneof them got it right, leading to crashes to desktop whenever someone accessed the crate after someone with the ACE config accessed it on a non-ACE config bearing server...

this - for any of your excellent weapon mods with multi configs

Edited by eggbeast

Are there any plans to bring these wonderful weapons up to OA standard? Adding lasers, no NV with ACOG scopes, addings FLIR systems to some rifles? ;)

Are there any plans to bring these wonderful weapons up to OA standard? Adding lasers, no NV with ACOG scopes, addings FLIR systems to some rifles? ;)

Ye , its on plan ,but without FLIR - reason ? - dont wanna MW2 in arma2

Edited by RobertHammer

Ye , its on plan ,but witout FLIR - reason ? - dont wanna MW2 in arma2

No problem! FLIR isn't that important to me... it takes away all the challenge. :D

Thx!

I would kill to see your excellent Mk.16 and Mk.17 SCAR in a more traditional black color. Obviously the tan makes sense for Afghanistan, but in Chenarus I would prefer black.

why black weapons? never understood weapon companys chose black over a more natural color, look around, you wont find black anywhere!

I understand metal parts having a very dark color but plastic parts can be made in every color easaly

tan is always a better camo color than black, even at night, especially in a woodland area.

Black plastics are more durable than tan plastics. I don't know why, just is. They made some progress with durability with the SCAR (I think), but the biggest issue they have been having in the field is the plastic stock breaking.

When "the black rifle" was first introduced and used in southeast Asia, the black color blended in much better than in the middle east areas we're fighting in today. I do hate the fact it took almost 10 years before the Pentagon allowed everyone, not just SOF, to paint their weapons, but thats bureaucracy for ya.

But I do say the black SCARs do look menacing ;)

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Ye , its on plan ,but without FLIR - reason ? - dont wanna MW2 in arma2

Lol, honestly I don't think FLIR will transform Arma2 into MW2 . . . omg what a nightmare!

I would like FLIR sights for some of the weapons though, especially the 7.62 weapons (thermal sights are too darn big for 5.56 carbines IMO, plus I've never seen one used with an M4, just the M110 and an M14). Thermal Optics are a common tool in our arsenal (if the unit has the budget/resources) over in the sandbox. Just sayin.

Are there any plans to bring these wonderful weapons up to OA standard? Adding lasers...

would be nice to see a marksmanrifle with IR laser, so you can see your marksmen are ready to fire.

I kinda dislike Thermal Imaging on small caliber weapons too, it has a lot of advantiges but it focuses only on heat radiation of the target and in RL there are enougth situation where glass is more reliable than TI-scopes. in the game these disadvantiges are not well presented.

i'd rather stick the good old schmidt&bender ;)

(bout the plastics, dont see the problem, canada has green plastics on rifles for years!)

hi robert i found a problem with the XM8's, almost all of them are using C-Mags. the thumbnails in the gear menu shows 30rnd mags but infact i had a bullit count of 100 when i fired some shots.

hi robert i found a problem with the XM8's, almost all of them are using C-Mags. the thumbnails in the gear menu shows 30rnd mags but infact i had a bullit count of 100 when i fired some shots.

Thx for report , it will be analyzed and fixed ;)

Hi all im having a slight problem thats preventing me from loading mission progress. I keep getting the message that RH_ either hk416 or m4 require the ace_sys_attachment mod. Im positive im using the non ace version. Any thoughts?

so can you take the m870 off the m4 and add a pistol grip to it for your next pack it would be very nice oh can you ad a longer barrel and bipod to m14 ebrsp for the next mgs pack or any pack in the future

Hi,

I was just wondering how you were going updating these to OA standards. Would love to create a replacement pack for the new PMC characters with backup sights and lasers.

Do you need to use the ace config for backup sights with these currently?

Cheers

Hi,

I was just wondering how you were going updating these to OA standards. Would love to create a replacement pack for the new PMC characters with backup sights and lasers.

Do you need to use the ace config for backup sights with these currently?

Cheers

There will be update sooon i hope - getting really busy :p

btw Xm8 dont had any ris - only BIS ones had fictional side rails - dunno probably i wont add peq on them

Edited by RobertHammer

No need for PEQ, as the XM8 has built-in IR laser. Well, the real ones do anyways... Would be nice if you could that feature in them.

No need for PEQ, as the XM8 has built-in IR laser. Well, the real ones do anyways... Would be nice if you could that feature in them.

Ehhh - where? on xm8 optic? you mean this http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-ismir.htm ?

Dunno if these xm8 have that

EDIT:

Very interesting - the xm8's have IR laser on their optic /similar to ISM-IR module/ > http://www.misterfrag.com/XM8M4Comparison.pdf

then i will add laser into them :)

Edited by RobertHammer

By Thundering I love this pack.

Robert H is it possible to get a bipod added to the ERB M14?

I love that weapon, but the kick on it at range with out a brace is fierce.

I am not a weapons expert. I am a gamer. I have googled it and there appears to be a lot ERB's with a Bipod.

I use ACE and without a set it I lose track of my round.

I carry a sand bag around but when I am on a roof I can't fill it up.

If this has been asked already forgive me.

Thanks so much for your FANTASTIC WORK.

will there be a fully ACE compatible version of your pack?

also will you make any NV scoped weapons, for ACE this would be awesome, since there are only very few of them