Sign in to follow this  
WARLORD787

Ac-130

Something that would be truely awsome is adding a AC-130. Kinda like there would have to be a piolt and a gunner. i think that that would make a awsome game epic.

Definitely agreed, but it seems to be difficult to do. I loved the old one on the Desert Combat mod for BF1942, with a player at each gun position.

There are like hundreds (ok, few at least) threads about AC-130, no need to create another one...

I wonder if people would keep asking for AC-130 if MW/MW2 did not exist.

I wonder if people would keep asking for AC-130 if MW/MW2 did not exist.

AC130 in MW/MW2 was cool but short, so we want a new one in ArmA 2.. what seems to be the problem...

No problem at all, I just said I was wondering what would've happened if MW1/2 didn't have one.

Then they all would wanted to have a blackhawk like in black hawk down

No problem at all, I just said I was wondering what would've happened if MW1/2 didn't have one.

Some wanted it since some guncam footage got on the interwebs .. long before MW existed.

yeah, I saw the videos... the problem is that people got all hyped up for something the author himself later said wasn't real.

He eventually scrapped the project, stating that the ArmA engine has no support for planes with turrets... so the gun cam we saw in the videos were actually mounted on a helicopter.

So, it seems that if we want to see an AC-130, we're gonna have to wait until BIS does their part, or some modmaker finds a way to bypass that limitation.

For me, I would really like to see one in the game. The stock C-130 is cool, but it's role is kind of limited in the game... It mainly serves for deploying paratroopers and cargo, which are roles that any AI can do... no need for a human player... Adding a combat version of the aircraft would be a good way to have it used and enjoyed by players.

Cheers

To fly the AC130 with side mountedguns in 30 minutes flat, do this

download GITS Evolution v20 here,

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

join as commander, take M107, go to Lopatino 2000m west of airbase, spawn a recon HQ. kill 5 guys. If you die respawn at RECON HQ.

Press T, call in a Bombardment.This will guarantee you 120 points.

Repeat x2

You now have 300+ points and can get in the second AC130 on the runway. The one with the gun sticking out the side.

Be sure the air is clear of enemy - if not take an F35 - be sure to service it by waiting 5 secs after climbing in. It will now have 8 sidewinders. clear the air of enemy planes and then land.

Get in the AC130 with a friend in the Zu23 gunner seat fixed to the side.

Service the plane before take off and you will have the following weapons:

PILOT

24 Vikhrs, 12 sidewinders, 192 S8 FFAR's, 3x750 clips of 30mm Gsh cannon, 20 GBU's, 12 FAB32 heli-bombs for primary battlefield overwatch. Keep thevikhrs on as they kick ass against planes

GUNNER

side-facing 105mm howitzer, 20mm cannon and 7.62mm minigun

FRIENDS on the ground call in the targets using green and white marker smoke (in T menu)

as per video

YduqZupPHOU

BEWARE: the moddedC130 doesn't respawn - i triedto make itwork butit frozetheserver - so will try andfixthis sometime soon

Edited by eggbeast

Mh, yes... I want a AC-130 too with a real thermal image... I waiting for the new A2 Addon cauz the thermal....

The AC-130 addon in the video may soon be obsolete. AFAIK depends on a command that has been taken out in the latest beta and will require a new version to function properly for the next patch (or current betas).

Hope we get the ac130 in oa; it will attract so many more people to the game, and will be a really good addition to the u.s. armoury :D

So far we've only been confirmed c130s with countermeasures :(

gief black hawk transport that is actually black.

You do know that the only people who use black blackhawks is the 160th SOAR, right? And theres like 50 of them, tops.

:j:

The one in-game is a Knight Hawk, thats why it's white/gray. :p

-Back on topic-

It would be really nice if BIS can make an AC130 for Operation Arrowhead, useful for missions and for fun game play. (Since they already added IR)

you do know that the only people who use black blackhawks is the 160th soar, right? And theres like 50 of them, tops.

:j:

i want blackhawk with miniguns!!!

Pew pew!!!

Wow, someone needs to cut back on the sugar intake...

Hate to break it to you, but current operations are favouring M240's with PEQ-2 IR illuminatiors. Much more common than the miniguns these days.

And just because its called a blackhawk, doesnt mean its black.

Meh, it really isn't that much of an issue for me, personally I want to see more factions thrown in for multiplayer, don't necessarily need to have a bunch of personalized weapons or vehicles that would throw the game balance out of whack. Would definitely like to see the A.I talking in different languages though and having a bunch of different army insignia's and uniforms.