Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

What are the know bugs L etranger that I should be aware off?

I already started editing co105_vts35_oa_rc05 and merging it with WICT.

I want to make a Chernarus template.

Should I move to previous version?

Thanx

Use the latest version. There are a lot more features within this one and there are very few bugs.

It's a powerful tool though isn't it ?

What are the know bugs L etranger that I should be aware off?

I already started editing co105_vts35_oa_rc05 and merging it with WICT.

I want to make a Chernarus template.

Should I move to previous version?

Thanx

There is no major bug, just little thing there and there that shouldn't affect the mission runtime.

Ok L etranger, could you just point me to Chernarus / Utes version that is in your opinion working best, so I don't have to dig in the Takistan version sqm and remove all unnecessary stuff.

Thanx in advance

Ok L etranger, could you just point me to Chernarus / Utes version that is in your opinion working best, so I don't have to dig in the Takistan version sqm and remove all unnecessary stuff.

Thanx in advance

VTS is mean to be completely dynamic, there is no reference to Arma units nor islands in the mission. So it can work with any island or mods. Units, mods & vehicles are read from the server installation. To use it on chernarus, just rename the .pbo to .chernarus.pbo

The norring script in VTS has been modified with thing like the GM don't have to wait much and other little stuff i don't remember.

Edited by L etranger

But I want to do other thing -- I want to open sqm in editor and add predefined stuff, so that WICT can do in parallel.

Is it possible to do it with some kind of merging?

Do you have any idea how can I do that?

Excellent L'Etranger !

Looking forward to the new release !

Will it be possible to add markers (either for visuals for players) or as actual markers for events ?

What would be ultimate flexibility in adding more AI enhancements into VTS to make it THE definitve sandbox experience ! Just let me know if you need me to help out with testing. Ooooh I'm such a fanboi !

EDIT @ArmaIIholic - yes it is EXTREMELY simple to merge them. I have done this with my VTS edit to add things to Rasman airport. Open VTS first then merge your requirements in.

But how to open it.....

I just renamed .Takistan.pbo and Zag into .Chernarus.pbo and I opened MP and all I can see is o105_vts35_oa_rc05.Chernarus and when I try to open it, it asks for downloadable content for OA....

Does it mean I have to install OA = CO?

Edited by ArmAIIholic

But how to open it.....

I just renamed .Takistan.pbo and Zag into .Chernarus.pbo and I opened MP and all I can see is o105_vts35_oa_rc05.Chernarus and when I try to open it, it asks for downloadable content for OA....

Does it mean I have to install OA = CO?

Lastest VTS require ArrowHead (Arrowhead stand alone or Combined arms)

You don't have Arrow head?

No yet installed, since I was working for A2 only, but I have the game. Is there any way it can "pass" as A2 only, to convert it from CO back to A2. Suppose that lots of stuff should be deleted from sqm, right?

Do you have any less invasive suggestion?

No yet installed, since I was working for A2 only, but I have the game. Is there any way it can "pass" as A2 only, to convert it from CO back to A2.

Do you have any suggestion?

Stuff related to Arrowhead is only on mission.sqm file. There is vehicle object used as placeholded (ex 5m_sphere) for many scripts that are only in arrowhead (vehicle object are used to handle JIP stuff like marker). Modifying the mission.sqm alone would break the JIP but it should still work for your test.

Well I studied a little bit the structure of the sqm and I can see that all classes are actually a OA classes, so it is understandable why A2 cannot load it and CO and OA can.

Now the only trick would be to replace those units with A2 units only. And that is 100+ replacements.

So, I will think about it a little bit. In order to find the most suitable way.

And are you still trying to get a save function in VTS?

Dr Eyeballs Merlin has a copy and paste text field to import and export scenarios. Any chance you could implement this, it would make regular scenario training so much easier.

Woah .... I remember Merlin very well!

A facility to setup to remember what was placed at the start of a battle (or placed halfway through) then save it for another time would be cool! Complicated I bet however!

Hold on .. isnt ACRE an addon? Then you can use it no matter what. Just make sure that you have access to radios.

@gonza/L'etranger how are the latest additions coming ? If you need a tester please ask :)

Hold on .. isnt ACRE an addon? Then you can use it no matter what. Just make sure that you have access to radios.

@gonza/L'etranger how are the latest additions coming ? If you need a tester please ask :)

What I meant with that was, add the ACRE radios to the ammoboxes and make sure everything works correctly. If a squad wishes to use the radios in ACRE they need a separate mission.

Oh I see now. But cant you spawn ANY item anyway ? That includes the radios ?

Adding it to crates is something that I'm sure they can do !

Anyone else experiencing issues w/ the "Patrol Buildings" command?

I haven't nailed down the exact time it takes, but if I create a group of soldiers w/ the Patrol Buildings command, they will execute the command and spread out to occupy the surrounding buildings, but then after a certain amount of time (>5-10min for sure I'd say) they stop patrolling the buildings and simply stack up in formation back where I originally created the group, almost as if they have completed the patrol command and have returned to their originally spawned position.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or a way to correct this?

PS... any word on an option to control the altitude of AI-controlled aircraft through the gamemaster console?

It s already work with ACRE. We already did few mission with the VTS and ACRE and it s work fine (except for the gamemaster when he take the control of an ia unit, you have to reset the long range radio everytime you come back in the gamemaster body). You can have the radios in the magic box or ace box.

You have to understand that in this version of VTS you can add everything you have in yours activated addons: weapons, humans units, armors, radio, object, etc etc.

Terror Wolf: i have some trouble too with this order, don t give "patrol building" order to a big squad with lot of ia or they will block at the entrance of the building. Use it with small patrol squad or alone unit. You can use the VTS with GL4, it s work better for patroling in building (and they sometimes do it alone in combat).

Dr Eyeballs Merlin has a copy and paste text field to import and export scenarios. Any chance you could implement this, it would make regular scenario training so much easier.

The Real Time Editor (RTE link) also has a save function. Maybe the RTE could be implemented in VTS like it is in the Mission Control Centre (MCC link).

Then you can set up the basis of the main part of the mission like units, vehicles, buildings, save it and then use the dynamic part of VTS for the rest of the mission. Right now I start 30 min ahead of my team to set up the mission as I want to set up units, vehicles, buildings etc. in advance. That takes up time and if something happens to the server or me it is lost and you have to start all over again.

It would also be nice of course to have several missions set up and saved in advance so you can play those dynamicly one after an other.

Dunno if something like that would be possbile but it is one of the main options I really miss in VTS.

The Real Time Editor (RTE link) also has a save function. Maybe the RTE could be implemented in VTS like it is in the Mission Control Centre (MCC link).

Then you can set up the basis of the main part of the mission like units, vehicles, buildings, save it and then use the dynamic part of VTS for the rest of the mission. Right now I start 30 min ahead of my team to set up the mission as I want to set up units, vehicles, buildings etc. in advance. That takes up time and if something happens to the server or me it is lost and you have to start all over again.

It would also be nice of course to have several missions set up and saved in advance so you can play those dynamicly one after an other.

Dunno if something like that would be possbile but it is one of the main options I really miss in VTS.

Yeah, a save function would be great.

OP, is that possible?

I will take a look at the mission quoted above.

The issue with saving and restoring, mean a lot of work. Because there is somemuch thing in the mission that can be altered and so much specific case that must be stored (IE like position in building then start in patrol of that building?)

I will take a look at the mission quoted above.

The issue with saving and restoring, mean a lot of work. Because there is somemuch thing in the mission that can be altered and so much specific case that must be stored (IE like position in building then start in patrol of that building?)

I'm sure it would be a lot of work, but maybe you can see how MCC did it. IMO a save function would be the best addition to VTS, as that would make it pretty much near-perfect. It would greatly benefit co-op squads.

The RTE has the buildin save function and then MCC has a save function for the placement of it's own features.

Implementing the RTE would let the GM use that editor and save what is placed within that editor, so without the VTS features. Both save functions would be nice but it would help a lot if the GM can use the RTE to have a worked out basis of a basic mission to load. Then the GM can start with that and quickly add the on the fly options, the dynamic part and other cool VTS functions.

If you want to attack an airport for instance, you can add all the units, vehicles and some extra static placements etc. with RTE in advance in your own time. Then when you load that airport mission, you can use VTS to add some extra units with different patrol options, add the spawn points, populate the airport with extra ai or so and other VTS stuff and then start the mission. Then chance stuff on the fly when needed, send the extraction heli, teleport people etc. etc. It will add an extra dimension to VTS I would say.

It would save GM's a lot of time making the mission. As I said before I start 30 min in advance to set up a mission and that actually always takes longer even though I have written it out in advance (checked everything in (VTS) with coordinates, which weapon crate, vehicle etc). I sometimes even have to start a mission and then let the teams do their thing while I keep on editing trying to finish setting up the mission. I would rather spend that time checking and helping (or not, sending enemies their way) the team. VTS is a great platform for making missions for our team(s), but I guess we want to much out of a mission :)

Edited by Knight Rider