Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

Hi gonza, I started playing again with arma2 after more than a year since now we have arrowhead and I have to say that your VTS has improoved incredibly. Thanks for the amazing job!

One question, regarding the possibility to take control of vehicles:

is it possible to take control of other members of the vehicle other than the driver?

Sometimes I needed to be the gunner or to be in the cargo but I still can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!!!

gonza and L'Etranger ..... camera is NOW AMAZING !

Thanks guys.

I just LOVE VTS !

All I need to figure out now is how to add Draper's RUM scripts for Artillery and Fixed wing support and I'm sorted ! Also would it be possible to integrate something like UPSMON (or have one of the patrol options to use it)?

CANNOT get over just how good this is !!!!

EDIT on further amazing testing ....

When GM changes class the action menu disappears but T key still works.

When taking control of a soldier, when I jump back to GM it still says Rifleman (Kremator)

I notice in the Parameters that ALICE and BIS wounds are there - but both times they just have DISABLED next to them.

I have just spent the last 20 minutes filling up roads, creating massive battles and using the WONDERFUL camera system now!

FINAL EDIT for this evening:

Vehicles spawned with ROADS button seem to be passing through soldiers.

Nuke doesn't seem to be working.

HC doesn't seem to be working - cannot add waypoints in this mode.

Edited by Kremator

Thanks, the Freecam is a nice touch.

Is there also a way to add the new Freecam to 3D placement so we can place units even better?

I still don't see the "place" or "drop" button/function in 3D placement of units and moving units around. Might be my screen settings. Can that option be placed at the top of the screen maybe?

Just some more comments on things I noticed while playing:

- If you let the game start with the parameter "Starting with weapons: NO" and you teleport someone, they get their weapons back.

- If the GM uses the interact option "join" on human vs human or a player uses the option "Group with nearest unit" the player who joined becomes sort of an AI spectator. They are bascially an AI and look through their eyes and can not control their character anymore. The "Leave current group" does not work either so they have to restart. These are cool features and I hope they can be improved.

- The change class at the spawnpoint/MASH also has a few things which don't work out to well. If you select default you sometimes can not change class again or select the enemy class. It's fun to be a dog but if you are trying to get your team ready to move and they try to be funny they get stuck. It teaches them a lesson but it does not help the game :)

- If a player selects civilian as faction for instance and they try to get in a vehicle of the west human players they can not get in if other west players are in it already. It has to be empty first before the civilian faction player can get in. Then the rest of the human west players can get in after him.

- The options on objects are usually hard to find and use, like "change class", "get in as driver" etc. I usually have to walk around them a couple of times before I get the option. Don't know if that is VTS thing or just Arma 2 thing.

- I see dots of people on the map which don't seem to be there. For friendlies, enemy and civilians. Even after waiting a long time. Can't delete them either.

- The "Fill roads with vehicles from current side" is a nice option. Can it also be set so you can select which vehicle is spawned? Or limit it to vehicles with weapons at least?

- Would it be possible to make a (instant) revive option for the GM? Selecting respawn in the main menu does not make the GM get up, the revive screen is still there. If he is hit and the revive timer kicks in, he is limited in the GM options and the game might not be able to move on properly then. The (free) camera does not work properly then for instance.

- Could the Artillery be more precise? When I zoom in and set the coordinates for the Arty it is a bit off and can not hit the exact location I want it to drop.

- Could you make the civilians white again as before, they were easier to spot/see on the map then.

- Would it be possible to add an option for a unit to move into the nearest building and stay there (next to patrol building radius)?

- Is there a way to also add things like placing IED's, hostages that can be rescued etc. to VTS?

- Last question, I remember that you were trying to get a save function in VTS. How's that going?

Edited by Knight Rider

Have integrated Draper's RUM scripts .... man it is uber-awesome now!

This is the best fun you can have with your clothes on !

Good job guys!

Hi!

what is (and where is) the very last version for arma2 only ?

Have modified VTS to include Drapers RUM scripts and madbull's R3F stuff ..... it anyone is interested PM me. Now you can load stuff into vehicles, use arty manually, use arty automatically and call in aircraft to blow shit up !

Even more fun to be had with your clothes on !

EDIT: Really been putting VTS through it's paces here and have found some things.

- When you are in 3D placement mode, you go back to the horrible camera ..... it needs some work, but I'm not sure how you could do it.

- Filling ROADS is nice .... can we have a larger radius for them please?

- At the moment enemy squads placed on the map don't act together when they are attacked. How easy is it to add UPSMON scripts for reinforcement, garrison, defend duties ? This needs to be possible for squads that are created AFTER the script has been initialised.

-It would be great to have the ability to add more Commandline examples - but we are limited to 6 (I had to remove forcer_fin)

-It would be great to be able to name an object ONCE it has been spawned (even if that means very quickly deleting it and popping the named one in it's place!)

That's all for tonight. Have had a real blast on it ! Thanks so much !

Edited by Kremator
Ideas popped into my head !

- Filling ROADS is nice .... can we have a larger radius for them please?

Not sure if you tryed it... but the filling roads radius is the same as the one for objects, soldiers, vehicles... so if you change that it will affect also the road filling and buildings filling.

But maybe you are just asking for even larger radious there :)

Yeah I know urbano. I wanted something LARGE !maybe up to 2400?

Allright, it was one of those dumb answers that you usually get from the "call centers" :P

i added a help interface for the command line option, so we can easily copy paste premade scripts into the commandline. Like adding stuff to all players etc..

If you have script you use often with the commandline, please post them here, i will add it to the help panel, so you can copy paste it for next release.

Every time I see a post by you guys, my heart skips a beat !

What about a blank .sqf where we could put our common commandlines, that would then import directly into the interface ? (for instance a create IED script, Satelltie Comm for players, etc)

Seriously GREAT work guys. If there is anything I can help out with in testing please let me know!

PS do you guys know if it is possible to integrate something like UPSMON for spawned AI to make them MORe functional ?

PPS is it possible to add other markers (like the hatched shapes to indicate information to the player) that can, at first be invisible during setup, but then made visible by the GM?

Edited by Kremator

I love the new camera system but when i want look up, i m block. There is a way to fix it ?

I find 2 bugs:

-first: sometimes when a unit is killed his marker don't turn black or when i delete some units the marker stay on the computer

-second: when i am in free cam and and i follow human allie if i press space key, i don t return to game master but to the player i was watching.

J'adore la nouvelle cam mais quand je veux regarder en haut, je suis bloqué. Il y a moyen de corriger ça ?

J'ai trouvé 2 bugs:

-1: parfois quand une unité est tué son marquer ne devient pas noir ou quand je delete une unité son marqueur ne disparait pas du cpu.

-2 quand j'utilise la free cam et que je suis des allies pendant une coop si j'appuie sur espace j'entre dans son corps (pas d'allusions perverses merci :) ) au lieu de retourner dans le gamemaster

Edited by slayertom

Must agree that looking up in freecam would be great.

Will see if I can confirm that second bug next time I'm on my dedi :)

@gonza and L'Etranger ..... what have you got in store for us next RC ? CANT WAIT !!

Guys I have been playing this extensively and love it.

Do you know why VON becomes corrupted? It seems that voice is repeated for every person after the interface is used. It is VERY annoying when I'm trying to brief the troops.

Also is it possible to be able to place MARKERS from the interface and name them ?

When ordering a unit to patrol houses, they never do that and instead stop indefinately somewhere around a house.

Hmmmm haven't found that alleycat. You using other addons as well that could be interfering ?

On another note I think that I have narrow my VON problem to either Change Class or using the new camera system.

Change class is really bugy because of arma engine, they can t fix this in the VTS.

It's a shame because it is a REALLY cool feature.

Anyone else encountered VON lag at anytime in VTS? This would help the guys narrow it down. If the lag IS due to change class the it could be that the voice is coming from 2 entities!

If anyone is interested I run a dedi with VTS, Drapers RUM, R3F arty and logistics and lurchiderlurchs AC130 all mixed in! Look for .Kremator's NO ACE server. When on it defaults to this version. NO mods required, but the mission IS large, so be prepared.

We need to spread the word of just HOW AMAZING this VTS is! Everyone I have shown this to is just blown away!

Is it possible to edit sqm file so that it has pre-placed makers and triggers?

I checked this and I will download it.

Kremator what do you think about merging WICT with VTS? Has anyone you showed WICT been blown away? ;) Just kidding, I really think that merging these two modes, since WICT already has F2 and Norrin's script, would be best mod ever made.

Templates will be easy to make and people would just add players and some stuff upon running the game. Something like ultimate Red Dead Redemption for ArmA :)

Edited by ArmAIIholic

You know I was thinking about this last night. I think it should be possible.

Once a VTS convert you never go back!

I see that it uses plain sqm, so replacing it won't be a problem :D

But I see it has Norrin's script and that it works for OA and CO only... But CO = OA + A2, right?

I see it says Arrowhead only or Arma 2 Combined operation, I guess it means both.

I will download it and see how much tweaking does it take.

Is here anyone who can give me permission for tweaking? Is this mod open for editing?

Thanx

--EDIT--

I unPBOed it and can merge these two mods easily.

Kremator you worked with this mod.

What does this mean:

if someone want to do a version without ACE there is not a lot of thing to do

(just delete some @ACE modules and change playable units)

what does it mean to change playable units? Do I have to change their names or it has something to do with editor units. I really don't get it.

It really seams that I can remove Norrin's script from F2 (+ it is older version) and retain some other stuff like body removal and mission endings from F2 etc. since they work dynamically with WICT. So making free roam mission won't be a problem at all.

:yay::yay::yay:

Edited by ArmAIIholic

The easiest thing would be to have hidden markers (to players but not the GM) that would spawn enemy.

I was able to integrate BIS SOM module that created battles around the GM but wasnt able to test around the players.

I was also looking into putting AI enhancements like UPSMON into VTS but I need to be able to place markers - something that can't be done at the moment (I think!)

It should be Arrowhead only or combined arms. Just Gonza that is implementing the same amount of bugs than features when he is editing.

I was planning to make the VTS easy to use with WIC. But i didn't get a look at WIC yet.