Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

Some other remarks and a feature request:

- Feature request: Turn off spectating for enemy/other units. An opfor unit can spectate a blufor unit for instance. It could be used to cheat if dead people pass on the location of the enemy by spectating.

- Remark: Spawning an empty vehicle in OA VTS can give problems for the human players. Sometimes they can't get in,out or can't control their character anymore, it seems an AI took over and they can just spectate (not the be confused with the feature request info :p) or so.

- Also when I place a unit and have the not move option and afterwards I try to give them a go to point on map order they don't do that and just stand there.

It seems to me that OA gives some problems here and there in VTS.

Any change VTS can now use the ALICE(2) ? See: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12335

Sure thing, Use of Alice is already implemented. Just disabled due to MP incompatibility, i will reenable it.

There is no update for now, because i don't have muche time to spare on Arma 2.

But i hope to get back on it soon.

Would be great if you could add the save function and prevent dead or wounded players from spectating enemy players, I hope you'll consider those things. :) Keep it up mate.

Is is possible to change te server slot classes, like Operator to a unit from an addon? Or change it to the standard USMC units? (We have a unit addon with a replacement pack, which replaces the usmc guys)

If so how can you do that?

I know you can change classes in the MASH but that gives to many problems unfortunately.

Is is possible to change te server slot classes, like Operator to a unit from an addon? Or change it to the standard USMC units? (We have a unit addon with a replacement pack, which replaces the usmc guys)

If so how can you do that?

I know you can change classes in the MASH but that gives to many problems unfortunately.

I have tried swapping the US BLUFOR slots with the Dutch units, but it doesn't work. You just spawn in the air, even if you're the GM. If anybody knows how to replace the BLUFOR units in VTS I'd like to know.

But yeah, replacement pack would be a solution too I guess, but those only work for USMC. There is a forum user on these forums who does replacement packs btw.

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with the revive feature in VTS affecting ACE feature functionality? It seems as though lately whenever a player is killed and then revived the ACE menus will not come up, as well as all ACE Rucksack functionality breaking and effectively become inoperable.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Hey Boys. BIS gave me heart balsam with their lastest patch which improve Arma experience a lot.

So i motivated myself to progress work on rc 06 :

-Ability to change a group side (ex : East Spetnaz -> West Spetnaz)

-Renabled Alice Ambien Civilian

-Added Engineer class for West & East side (to allow vehicle fixing)

-Fixing GM markers not disappearing

-Save and Load (only for 2D and 3D spawn for now)

Edited by L etranger

EXCELLENT news L'Etranger.

Really glad to hear it mate...... VTS is the ONLY thing I play as it is SO powerful.

vvv Mate got around to posting a better question than me at the same time. Love VTS btw

Edited by Rawz
Unnecessary spam

Hello,

I have searched the thread and found nothing. I am trying to use the undead mod in multiplayer, and I remember it working before in an older version of VTS. However now the zombies and infected do not attack at all. After messing around in the editor they are acting the same as if the infected/zombie module are not placed in the map. Is there any way to add the module using the VTS interface? Can I add it in a trigger? I would really appreciate any help.

Hello,

I have searched the thread and found nothing. I am trying to use the undead mod in multiplayer, and I remember it working before in an older version of VTS. However now the zombies and infected do not attack at all. After messing around in the editor they are acting the same as if the infected/zombie module are not placed in the map. Is there any way to add the module using the VTS interface? Can I add it in a trigger? I would really appreciate any help.

Yes, but you need to call the script ran by the module via the GM interface. I added a help page with premade command to launch popular user module. Cheer

Yes, but you need to call the script ran by the module via the GM interface. I added a help page with premade command to launch popular user module. Cheer

Thank you so much for this!

The save and load feature is working but... The format command is limited to 2048 character... wich is reached by something like 10 spawn.

It means that the load / save function doesnt work after 10 spawn -_-

I need to convert Array to String and String to Code (array) who have more than 2048 chars..

Fixed, Save & Load is now implemented for 2D and 3D Spawn

Edited by L etranger

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 06

RC 06 change log :

-You can now Save and/or Load your mission setup

-Improved skill value setup (using a slider now)

-Ability to change a group side (ex : East Spetnaz -> West Spetnaz)

-Renabled Alice Ambien Civilian (let BIS work populate your mission ;)

-Added Engineer class for West & East side (to allow vehicle fixing)

-Fixing GM markers not disappearing or not linked to a unit

-Added a help screeen with various script help

-Improved unit spawning performance

Edited by L etranger

Hey mate know i've asked this before but i'd like to have the standalone campfire back if at all possible, the tents compistion is nice and all but i do alot of night gorilla(SP?) missions with VTS with no night visions and such, and having a tent composition in the middle of a settlement is kinda....off? Also i used to use those fires to light up castles and such, and now i don't have a alternative.

TL;DR Please readd standalone campfires, and keep up the good work, thanks!

Hey mate know i've asked this before but i'd like to have the standalone campfire back if at all possible, the tents compistion is nice and all but i do alot of night gorilla(SP?) missions with VTS with no night visions and such, and having a tent composition in the middle of a settlement is kinda....off? Also i used to use those fires to light up castles and such, and now i don't have a alternative.

TL;DR Please readd standalone campfires, and keep up the good work, thanks!

All kind of Land_Fire object Added for next version :) (this include, barrel, camp fire, land fire...)

Hey L'etranger,

Would it be possible to create a Lingor version ?

Also with the camera, is it possible to make it go a little faster and be able to look UP :) so we have a full 360 camera.

Being able to add other scripts is nice - I have a test version with Drapers RUM, madbull's R3F arty and logistics, MMA (script) and norrins helo extract - all working well with it !

Keep up the hard work mate..... it is REALLY REALLY appreciated.

Would it be possible to create a Lingor version ?

juste rename the filename from .takistan.pbo to lingor.pbo

Edited by L etranger

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 07

RC 07 change log :

-Improved Save and/or Load option (this should fix some object not spawning correctly sometime, but Build is a bit longer now)

-Improved unit spawning performance again (Please, let me know if you encounter any issue with 2D or 3D spawn)

-Improved 3D Spawn (now using the FPS camera)

-Improved the 3D Displacer tool (now using the FPS camera)

-Added "Land_fire" objects to the object listing scanner

fd39e5eafdc5e40605ed184e10b3att.jpg

Edited by L etranger

Fantastic .... will try it out IMMEDIATELY !

Thanks L'etranger. This just keeps getting better and better !

How do you actually spawn the 3d-placed characters in the new system? I can rotate, raise/lower, but cannot seem to find out how to actually spawn the unit.

Excuse my ignorance lol.

*EDIT*

Figured it out... for those that don't know, it's the "C" key.

Thanks for the new system L'etranger... much improved and highly useful!!!

Edited by Terror Wolf