Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

You mean, other side than west had no respawn ?

Did you use custom addons on the server ? if yes, could you tell me wich ?

Sorry for the late response. RL can be such a time suck.

Yes, we could not get the respawn on any side, other than BLUFOR, to work. We weren't running any addons. Just vanilla OA.

Also, we couldn't get any units or individual objects to show up in the computer lists.

Thanks for all you efforts

;1701559']Sorry for the late response. RL can be such a time suck.

Yes' date=' we could not get the respawn on any side, other than BLUFOR, to work. We weren't running any addons. Just vanilla OA.

Also, we couldn't get any units or individual objects to show up in the computer lists.

Thanks for all you efforts[/quote']

This is a rare random bug. I think the mission can't initialize sometime. By relaunching it , it should fix it.

Armaholic mirror:

- Virtual TrainingSpace 3.5 - OA Co-105 RC04

New version : VTS 3.5 RC 04

RC 04 change log :

-Revamped GMs marker, smoother & faster

-GMs can now also see vehicles on map. (yellow = empty vehicles)

-Added GMs interface tooltip for all buttons (all functions shall be explain)

-Improved GM's interface speed

-Fixed restoring GM's interface parameters

-Improved populate functions

-Added options "Fill roads with land vehicles from the current faction"

-Fixed EAST, GUER, CIV respawn when using Revive params

-Fixed random patrol exiting the specifided radius

-The GM's map now display satellite data

-Various fix

Know bugs

-Markers sometime aren't deleted. (if someone can find why... seem related to overcharge of the GM).

Edited by L etranger

Hi, some months ago i entered a server that had VTS running. The GM made a mission that was to recover some kind of book or note. I recall that when we reached the point, we could interact with that item, if i'm not mistaken when we placed the pointer above the object then an option appeared on the menu to "recover" the item, and just after that mission objective was complete. How can i achieve this in VTS ? I know how to place the item, but how can i make it interactive?

Sweet, thanks for a new version!

Could you also add some things/scripts like placing IED's, hostages etc. to VTS?

And are you still trying to get a save function in VTS?

hey i have a small question. when i set the base markers on vts r04, they never spawn there they spawn randomly around the map. now normally i could live with it and just move the spawn and men via the computer, but i am using duala and they will sometimes spawn in the water and die. when this happens i lose the computer interface. it there any way to fix or stop this from happening? thanks ahead of time

Is there any way to control the altitude of an aircraft flown by the AI through the GM console? It would be great if, in addition to the excellent HALO features you've added, we could spawn an MV-22 or something of the like and have it fly high over a drop zone for airborne insertions instead of the default altitude the AI tends to fly at, which is rather low for most jump scenarios.

And I just have to say, the new "Land at Point" command has COMPLETELY opened up the ability for infil/extract w/ birds... excellent work!! A question: Is it possible to add another "Land at Point" command where the bird would keep its engines turned on after it landed instead of powering down to even more realistically simulate a drop-off or pick-up?

So, seems this new VTS (I coem from A2) Doesn't have campfire stand alones? I used to use those HEAVILY for night ops. Can we please get those back?

It would be good to set height of aircraft as a GM. We would also have to REALLY max out the AI flying ability however if they are going nape of the earth :)

^^ correct. It needs the individual island files for each of those.

awesome mission!

but i got a little problem with ALICE and BIS wound system, both seem to be disabled and cant be enabled at all when editing them from parameters, it just say DISABLED twice in a row for both options

really enjoy this mission btw, keep up the good work! i hope my feedback do any good :)

ALICE is bugged atm .... there is a fix on the way.

Would be nice to have all revive/wound options available (BIS/norrin/MM Medevac) .... possible L'etranger and gonza ?

Hello, I will check the island issues. My though is that thoses island doesn't have any locations referenced. It should be fixed pretty easily (if the island have building put on).

The ALICE fuctions aren't compatible with dedicated server environnement. It make unit poping and unpoping. So for now it is disabled.

About the BIS advanced healing, it's incompatible with the Arma Respawn. Once a player respawn, it seem it's id changing or something else, making scripts not working correctly if not relaunched on the respawned player. So it's disabled too.

About campfire, there are campfire in composition section. I don't remember if the fire is available as simple object (i guess not). It's used by compisition however.

The aircraft have 200 meters flying height, will chopper as 150. Maybe in futur version, i will add an advanced panel to change some behaviour, like maxheight per default, landing behaviour (near ground, engine off) etc...

The aircraft have 200 meters flying height, will chopper as 150. Maybe in futur version, i will add an advanced panel to change some behaviour, like maxheight per default, landing behaviour (near ground, engine off) etc...

Would LOVE to see this implemented! Thanks for the consideration.

When using the 3d placement option I don't get the "Place" button anymore after setting the AI in the right position. Is it just me or is it gone?

I can't seem to be able to find the ACE ammo box scripts so that I can add some numbers to them, specifically earplugs; you only get 5 sets per box and when someone is knocked unconscious they loose their earplugs and our boxes quickly run out of them. I figured this would be an easy fix...but after spending about 2 hours looking through everything I can only say I'm totally confused.

It can be a little confusing going into the 'belly of the beast'.

The beauty of these scripts is that ANYTHING is possible. We just need to see what other magic gonza and L'etranger can come up with for us :)

The camera function is a little hard to control. Can that be tweaked to be a little more user friendly?

Any news guys on latest developments in store for us ?

Hello

I'm working on little bugfix and new camera system

Excellent !

Now here is a thing. As GM I can take control of any AI. When I jump back to GM however it has my name by the AI. Can that be fixed?

I have also found that if I die in control of an AI I CANNOT get back to GM at all.

Keep up the good work guys. This is my favourite playground (even better than the editor :) )

I have also found that if I die in control of an AI I CANNOT get back to GM at all.

That happened to me sometimes when playing on my computer, but when i played on my clan's dedicated server i didn't have that issue anymore.

I can make "allowDamage false" to the GM when in Takecontrol to resolve the problem

The GM is still alive but once you take control and that AI dies you cannot get back. I have tried this on dedi and on locally hosted.