Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

is there a way to stop an object from being liftable, transportable through the mission editor?

I have made a little artillery base and used the Large Sandbags and Small hut etc. as a perimeter around the base and I want to make it so just those particular huts and sandbags cannot be picked up, moved or transported (so the base isn't dismantled) but I still want to be able to lift, move, transport the other ones that are stored at the main base for people to grab and use to set up farps, blockades etc.

Is there a command or script that I can include on the init line of those objects I want locked through the mission editor?

Thanks for anyhelp!

try this not 100% sure if it is going to work

this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled", true];

try this not 100% sure if it is going to work

this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled", true];

Thanks for the reply ;-)

I tried that and it worked on an ammo box that I had placed on the ground, however for some strange reason it did not work on the sandbag fortifications.

so I am not sure what else I can do :(

I've pm'd Madbull to see if there is anything else that can be done. If there is, I'll post his reply here (if its okay with him!)

Cheers,

Lazerath

@lazerath :

As This is Bosnia said, use the setVariable.

It should also work on the sandbag fortifications as on any object.

Do you have other script in the init lines of the sandbag or suscpetible modify their state ?

If you still have the problem, you can send me your mission pbo. I'll have a look on it.

@Madbull

Please don't look into it. This is Bosnia and You (Madbull) were correct, it does work. I did not realize it but I had copied and pasted the wrong code :(. Just finished testing it out and came here to post about it and seen that you had also replied Madbull

I was using the setvariable code that is attached to the Artillery Computer so you cannot move it. My bad!:o:(

Truly sorry for wasting your time and others on this :(

Laz

*I bow my head in shame* Sorry again!

No matter lazerath ;)

I'd rather like someone who report me a "fake" or easily-solvable problem than someone who don't report a bug/suggestion.

Cheers.

@Madbull

Thanks for being so understanding! I do have another question for you bud.

I am trying to give all players the Artillery Menu in my mission (Domi 2.54) and I added the following code from the first post (in which you mention adding the menu to players).

this addAction ["<t color=""#dddd00"">Artillery computer</t>", "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", ""];

This works GREAT! Except for one problem! When a player dies and respawns at the flag or mobile headquarters (MHQ1 or MHQ2) the menu option is gone. It does not appear to be attached to the player when they have died once. If you leave the server (back to the lobby to choose your class) and rejoin the option is there, but again when you die it is gone.

Is there an easy fix for this? I am not a programmer and my scripting is limited to editing others work (minor) as I'm on strong pain killers and its difficult at the best of times to keep my thoughts on what I am doing.

Thank you again for any help you can offer!

PS: I love this mod. Absolutely essential to have a realistic feeling to the game :D

@M. DeLiso :

For your first problem (M119), the reason could be ACE but I don't think so.

Try your previous arty&log mission with the ACE and tell me if it works.

If so, the problem is probably in your mission (installation of arty&log in it).

Hey madbull, sorry this took so long. I tested two previous missions with ACE that worked prior to this test. I would assume by this deduction that it must have something to do with ACE, but I really don't know anything about this. Is anyone else having a hard time getting fire solutions for the M119 while using this script with ACE?

@lazerath :

It's a common "problem" to any addAction on players. When you die and respawn, you are a "new player". The action is on your old dead body.

You can use this kind of script to addAction at the mission start and at each respawn. With this script, you don't need to keep the initial addAction in this player init line.

if !(isServer && isDedicated) then
{
[] spawn
{
	sleep 1;
	while {true} do
	{
		waitUntil {alive player};
		player addAction ["<t color=""#dddd00"">Artillery computer</t>", "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_ARTY\poste_commandement\ouvrir_dlg_saisie_mission.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", ""];
		waitUntil {!alive player};
	};
};
};

Put it in the init.sqf of your Domi'... just after the d_init_started = true; line.

@M. DeLiso :

At the moment, the best thing to do with ACE is to wait the next arty&log version.

ACE is currently doing a full reworked arty system which probably breaks the compatibility with the arty&log.

Hey madbull, just answered a question over in another thread about CASEVAC a dead body.

Would it be possible to make a dead body (whatever the identifier of it - isKind of "dead" etc ) able to be lifted and placed inside a vehicle (the way other items can) ?

Very sorry, I solved my own problem, thank you so much everyone for your help.

Edited by M. DeLiso

Bug found in current MultipleSessionOperations mission: "Load in..." on an object -> try to load into something that has not enough space -> error message about not having enough space -> the white "...load selected item" is still availble although it should be deleted.

Edited by megagoth1702

This is a great script, I love it!

I have a question though (I searched but couldn't find an answer).

Is there a way to limit the ammo instead of being able to reload over and over? I would like to have to transport ammo to the arty pieces, then they can reload. Is this possible?

just wanted to say as a field artilleryman...I F*CKING LOVE THIS SCRIPT!!!

now that i got that out of the way, is there any way, shape, or form of creating a mobile Artillery CQ? like say for instance, having the Addaction available on a humvee or M113? this would create a realistic FDC for motorized mortar sections, as their FDC computer is no bigger than a palm pilot IRL, and normally stays in the truck

just wondering, if not thats cool too

thanks again for this awesome...awesome script!

You can attach the cq to anything. Can't remember the init line just ATM but you can attach it to any object.

OT

im noticing that every time i have a question, Kremator is one of the first ones to answer it.

good lookin out bud!

:D

/back on topic

Hehe no problem at all mate. I'm not a coder or scripter but im able to join things together! Ive played quite extensively with these scripts and just love them!

I normally put the command quarter onto something like the laptop, but have put it onto anything.....even another player!

Quick question...

Is there a way to stop certain objects from being able to be moved? For example, If I want to not allow players to move a certain mortar then is there a bit of code or something to do this?

i keep getting the error "Resource R3F_LOG_dlg_contenu_vehicule not found"

anyone know how to fix it

Hi i had the same problem,, and i checked my description.ext and it seemed perfect,,, all the same i redid it,, "cut and paste" from the instructions,,, and added the spaces,,, resaved,, nothing happened, same issue,,, then when i shut down the game completely and reloaded it,, it worked.

Is there a way to disabled the logistics system globally after X time? Also, is there a way to force players to drop the object they are holding and can that be done with all players at once?

When using the satellite phone for the arty computer. When you deploy it. How do you make it not spawn the table and all the other stuff?

Hehe no problem at all mate. I'm not a coder or scripter but im able to join things together! Ive played quite extensively with these scripts and just love them!

I normally put the command quarter onto something like the laptop, but have put it onto anything.....even another player!

I have also done this but cant seem to find a way to keep this option after respawn. I have tried with objects, people and vehicles but it wont work. Just wondered if anybody has managed to do it?

I am using your logistics script and I love it. Im using it with domination and have found that when capturing enemy camps players have the ability to take the flags. Players can also take the ammo box at base. Would anyone know how to disable the R3F take ability on mission created objects?

I am using your logistics script and I love it. Im using it with domination and have found that when capturing enemy camps players have the ability to take the flags. Players can also take the ammo box at base. Would anyone know how to disable the R3F take ability on mission created objects?

Thanks you :)

object setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true];

Great, thanks. I know that much. but do you know where I enter them on the domi scripts for the scripted objects? Not the ones that are placed in the editor. The ones that appear during the mission. Like the enemy camp flags and the ammo box?