Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Artillery and Logistic: Manual artillery and advanced logistic (mission script)

madbull one other thing. I dont think the AI will recognize any other object other than the sat phone as a rearm point. I tried other items in the array but didnt seem to work. Ill double check my findings.

@gunterlund21 :

I think you're editing the wrong file.

For the AI it is in R3F_ARTY\piece\executer_mission_tir_par_IA.sqf

Cluster shells (sub-munitions/DPICM) and smoke shells for the v1.6

Preview :D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3501.0;attach=15458;image

@gunterlund21 :

I think you're editing the wrong file.

For the AI it is in R3F_ARTY\piece\executer_mission_tir_par_IA.sqf

hah you da man that is it. This addon is fantastic. I have 6 guns sitting on the deck of the Khe Sanh providing fire support for my beach landings. What a barrage!!!!!

New version release v1.6 :

New ammo types : smoke shell and cluster shell (sub-munitions/DPICM).

The mortar of the Stryker MC can be used.

Improvement of the ACE OA compatibility.

Changelog :

v1.6

- Added : smoke shells and cluster shells (sub-munitions/DPICM)

- Added : the mortar of the Stryker MC has now the artillery features

- Added : check if the AI is really able to aim in the requested direction before firing

Download the [R3F] Artillery and Logistic and its demo.

Hey madbull, I am having some issues with the Stryker MC.

You covered up the BIS ammo count in the top right corner with your ammo count and such, but changing the charge in the action menu ( red text ) isn't changing the charge. If I press "F" ( the normal change ammo key ) it changes the charges ( I can't see what charge I am on though, since it's covered ).

It's easy to test, just select a target 2K away with your artillery computer, change your charge in the action menu, and fire ( leaving the splash markers on ), and fire.

The round will fall short, if you hit "F" and fire another round on the same elevation and azimuth it will impact further out, just like how you would normally change the charge without R3f Artillery.

So yeah, changing the charge with your system in the action menu isn't actually changing the charge.

Edit - I will have to check and see if ACE changed the charge type, which could be the reason why it's not changing, since the charge has a different name???

Edit2 - Doesn't look like ACE changed it, still says it uses "24Rnd_120mmHE_M120_02"

Edited by _S2_

Hi. First of all thx for this great addon. I searched the thread but there is still one question left:

Is it possible to add for example 2 ammo crates inside a vehicle from mission start?

The mission starts with the whole team inside a vehicle, so we first have to get out to load the crates. It would be nice if i could add the boxes per script to the vehicle and we only have to unload them at the extraction point.

Amazing! Congratulations for this huge work! :)

(Edit : ... and cocorico! ;) )

Edited by Grimm

@MadMike.48th :

Some user friendly functions to do that should come...

But you can already try this :

How to automatically load an object in a vehicle :

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_LOAD;
[YOUR_DESTINATION_VEHICLE] call compile preprocessFile "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_selection.sqf";

R3F_LOG_objet_selectionne = YOUR_OBJECT_TO_LOAD_2;
[YOUR_DESTINATION_VEHICLE] call compile preprocessFile "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_selection.sqf";

Not tested. Tell me if it works as expected.

It will take few seconds to load due to the "sleep" command in this called script.

If it's a problem, make a copy of the script and remove the "sleep".

@Grimm :

Thanks ;)

Hi madbull. I'm using virtual training system with your wonderfull scripts, but it seems that it won't pick up arty units made after the mission starts. Is there any way to get your scripts to reinitialise when new units are made?

@Kremator :

It could take up to 30 seconds for the arty & log to detect a new object in the game.

If it doesn't work, check your installation. If it still doesn't work and you think your installation is right, please send me the mission.

Hi Madbull,

still loving the arty and logistics, my clan has just downloaded the new vietnam mod Unsung and I would love to get this working, so that we can call in support, my problem is getting it to work on the new island in Unsung, I have read your manual and I am still confused (doesn't take much) any advice or help would be great. Just wanted to update did some more searching through the thread and noticed your solution to working out the height of the map, just for your own reference incase anyone asks the map for the unsung mod is csj_lowlands and the height I calculated was 10230, that was based on placing an object top left corner saving and using the 3rd value in the position on the mission.sqm. Once again thanks this is really a great script.

Edited by [XDF]Banksy

You finally found how to get the island height. I hadn't the time to answer quicker.

I think your island height is not accurate. The correct height is 10240 for csj_lowlands from UNSUNG A2 R1 ALPHA.

I luv' this script! - does any one has a fully working example with Vilas p85 Sovjet howitzers (2S1-2S7)?

@Major Woody :

I tried to add it in the default config for the v1.6 but I wasn't able to find the 2S1 or 2S7 in the vilas' addon.

Could you tell me how to find it or send me a sample mission ?

Addon and demo mission downloaded. Will try ASAP.

Thanks.

Madbull

Just a quick note to say this system is working beautifully. Ive dropped and arty battery in to Domination and tied it to a command hmmmv. The dpicm wreaks havoc on area targets. Great stuff. Look forward to more advanced rounds like copperhead or sadarm in the future. Keep up the good work. This and ACE is a winning combination.

Madbull here is a question for you. How did you get the guns to fire out to 12km. It looks like a projectile is leaving the barrel but are you Despawning it an creating a scripted arty round at the point of impact or is the shell going all the way?

The shell fired is the shell which splash down on the target.

There is no deleted or spawned shell.

For specific effects as cluster or smoke, the shell is destroyed when coming close to the target and frag grenades or smoke shells are deployed.

To get different ranges/charges, the velocity of the shell on the "fired" event is adjusted according to the selected charge. This is made just when the shell is at the muzzle position. After that, the shell flight as the arma 2 engine does.

Edited by madbull