Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Scariest.   movie.    ever.

the George Romero movies are absolutley awesome (Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead). They are almost impossible to get in Australia, but I was fortunate enough at high school to have a friend from Scotland who brought them over with him on video.

I think from the second movie (?) onwards, Tom Savini did the effects. For those who don't know, Savini is to horror effects and makeup what Leonardo Davinci is to classical art.

My favourite in the series was the one where they are trapped in a shopping mall, I think it was Day of the dead.

Thanks Renagade, I almost forgot about these great movies. biggrin.gif

Yentl. The fact that Barbara Striesand is in it is scary enough... but is her character male or female? *Screams in horror; faints*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Prefer war and gratuitous sex in flicks.<span id='postcolor'>

Bingo.

Bah, Alien is good but when it comes to being scary its far from the worst. I voted for the Exorcist because it still freaks me out when I see it.

To me, even Blair Witch Project was scarier than Alien, probably because I got camping alot.

As for TCM...isnt that a comedy? Cause I know I laughed when I saw it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 07 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite in the series was the one where they are trapped in a shopping mall, I think it was Day of the dead.<span id='postcolor'>

Night of the Living Dead (the original B/W), the people were trapped in a farm house.

Dawn of the Dead they were trapped in a shopping mall.

Day of the Dead they were trapped in a underground research/military base.

Yeah, I really love the good ole zombie movies, like Zombie, They Live, Return of the Living Dead (BRAINS!!!!wink.gif, The Beyond, House by the Cemetary, Zombie Island Massacre, Seven Doors of Death, and many many more.

-=Die Alive=-

The scarriest movie ever is Braindead by Peter Jackson tounge.gif

i reckon that's his best movie ever smile.giftounge.gif

lol Braindead is a quality film, the only other film that made me laugh so much was Evil Dead 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 08 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol Braindead is a quality film, the only other film that made me laugh so much was Evil Dead 2<span id='postcolor'>

hahahahahahaahah biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Agree on that one BIGTIME!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 08 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the list: Alien<span id='postcolor'>

Booooring movie. Very boring. The only good is Alien II, but others are really not scary.

Movies like event horizon and one sick movie (Man with an axe biggrin.gif) are on my list.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite in the series was the one where they are trapped in a shopping mall, I think it was Day of the dead.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, it was Dawn of the Dead, as Die Alive said. I must agree that was one of the best zombie flicks I have ever seen, not scary but good to watch. I was just waiting for them to raid the gunshop so they could blast some zombies!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man with an axe <span id='postcolor'>

Are you referring to 'The Shining'? That was good movie too.... 'REDRUM, REDRUM', LOL

Tyler

[EDIT] I almost forgot to mention, has anyone see 'Army of Darkness'? That had to be one of the funniest movies ever, LOL, I liked how that guy got off 3 shots with a double-barreled shotgun without reloading. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 08 2002,18:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I liked how that guy got off 3 shots with a double-barreled shotgun without reloading.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I've seen this one Zombie movie, the guy had a revolver, 7 shooter, and he must of taken 19 shots at this zombie (all in the chest) before his 20th shot was at the zombies forehead, and he died. Next zombie that was s-l-o-w-l-y walking towards him, the guy again wastes most of his bullets shooting them into the zombies's chest before putting his last bullet into it's head. It was so funny watching this guy waste all his ammo and then figure that head shots are all that's needed.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 08 2002,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 07 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My favourite in the series was the one where they are trapped in a shopping mall, I think it was Day of the dead.<span id='postcolor'>

Night of the Living Dead (the original B/W), the people were trapped in a farm house.

Dawn of the Dead they were trapped in a shopping mall.

Day of the Dead they were trapped in a underground research/military base.

Yeah, I really love the good ole zombie movies, like Zombie, They Live, Return of the Living Dead (BRAINS!!!!wink.gif, The Beyond, House by the Cemetary, Zombie Island Massacre, Seven Doors of Death, and many many more.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Die Alive, I couldn't remember which was which (been a few years).

The Evil Dead films are great too. Not strictly scary, but funny as hell in places. Bruce Campbell rocks.

Rosemary's Baby!

Hands down for me, see old people worship the devil is down right spooky. Also the music in that movie scary enough.