Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Scariest.   movie.    ever.

Tell me what gave you the biggest scare at the time. Not how lame the efects in Poltergeist look now, 15 years later.

For me: Probably the Exorcist, or TCM which I admire almost as a work of art.

All of the above scared me the first time I saw them, except Halloween, but I felt like it kinda belonged in the list anyway.

Saw "The Ring" yesterday, pretty creepy stuff. Inspired this poll smile.gif

I voted the Excorcist, mainly because you FORGOT to add "The Omen" to the list. wow.gif

I wasn't old enough, back when I saw that - it scared the living shit outta me.

It's not that I forgot, I had to leave out thousands of scary films sad.gif

I really like the Omen.

Then came the Omen 2 and 3, and all respect was gone smile.gif

This smiley is here due to my testing how he looks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nobby @ April 07 2002,18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">must be "the attack of the moderator strikes back part II"

the Excorsist was... funny biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, I hated that one.

All bollocks if you ask me wink.gif

I vote for Alien. When I saw that for the first time, I thought I was going to die. But Sigorny Weaver was sexy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Smarch 62 10302,00:77)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scariest movie EVER<span id='postcolor'>

Damn it, you ruined my day Damage.

I washed my eyes with soap and water but it doesn't seem to help, I still feel dirty sad.gif

The Evil Dead.

However I voted for TCM just because I really liked the chainsaw chase sequence, that just rocked.

-=Die Alive=-

And we thank you for that smile.gif

I'm surprised but happy to see Alien has taken an early lead.

Followed by that nr.1 seed: the Exorcist.

The race is long though, and we have some really tough contenders on the field...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 07 2002,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The scariest movie EVER<span id='postcolor'>

great, now i can't sleep!! you scared the lights out of me! smile.gif

'Scary Movies' don't scare me at all, well, maybe when I was younger but not anymore. You can pretty much expect what's going to happen in them anyway. That does not mean they are crappy, just not scary. smile.gif

Tyler

You can't even define Alien as a scary movie!!!

It wasn't scary at all. Exorcist is the scariest movie biggrin.gif

The reason why I thought Blair witch was scarey was because unlike all of the other movies, you can't see what your facing, unlike the polterguiest, you go call a priest, but out in the woods, no one to help and you cant figure out what it is. Also another great thing in the blair witch was that it was done in the dark, its cheaper, and it makes it immpossible not think that hearing children singing at 3wow.gif0am is a good thing. I gave it 2 thiumbs for being scariest

U shoulda added MIB, its was scarey when wil smith kicked that alien, I wish the alien fought back

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DodgeME @ April 07 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't even define Alien as a scary movie!!!

It wasn't scary at all. Exorcist is the scariest movie biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I thought Alien was very scary.

It's much more a horror film than it is an action film.

Now Aliens (the 2. film) was action.

When is the 5th one coming?

On the list: Alien

Scariest movie I've seen: Event Horizon

The Thing.

To choose one from your list, Aliens I- it has an awesome athmosphere.

First time I saw Alien it scared the living shit outta me.

Can't say I liked Blair Witch much, it just bored me. The best bit was when me and my buddies left we walked past the crowd of people waiting to go see it shouting

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THE WOMAN WAS THE WITCH!!!"

I've never heard so many curse come from a single crowd before.

the barney movie

blair witch was funny-stupid but i got a good laugh out of how lame it was

I have watched the Alien series 3 times within the last 2 years...and the first 2 movies still scare the living crap outta me smile.gif

3 and 4 aren't as good as 1 and 2, but still have their scary moments.

Seven.

That scene where that guy you think is dead in the bed sits up, I've never seen a whole cinema crap their pants like that before biggrin.gif

Also good: Alien, Hellraiser & Event Horizon

mmmm the exorcist was just plain poo,goddamn i hated that thing.The omen beats the shit out of it from a long shot.

The blair witch was ok but it really depends on ur past experiences like maybe if u`ve never been out on the field or camping in some woods at night then it might not be as scary.

TCM was ok but a little light and boy did that screaming really get on my nerves.

Haven`t seen the ring yet.

Aliens was better than alien same with poltergiest ,i prefered the second one.

psycho was quite good but not too scary and i`ve yet to see friday the 13th part 1 although i`ve always been meaning too.

Good horror movies to watch would be the lving dead trilogy be george.a.romero (theres 2 versions of night of living dead BTW black and white one and a 1990s remake).Also theres was the return of the lving dead trilogy which had both serious and and stupid bits in them.

The Evil dead 1 and 2 plus braindead,or deadalive as its known elsewhere,are good comedy horrors with lots of gore also demons 1 and 2 by lamberta brava which are gory but more survivial horror than comedy horror.

Phantasm was quite a good spooky movie and many more that i can`t of of the top of my head right now.

return.jpgnotld90.jpgjgth.jpgReturnOfTheLivingDead-PartII.jpg

ps. is it just me or does animatronics and proper models always lok better than CGI when dealing with demon,zombies etc in horror movies?