Put a safezone trigger around the town in question.

Look into the demo missions and set the safezone trigger up EXACTLY like in the missions. The zeds won`t enter.

Alright thanks again for your support. Gonna look into this now.

EDIT: Okay, another question (Question day?) for multiplayer, do you think your "killallzeds.sqf" would work? I'm not sure it would work since all the slots in my mission are set as "Playable" not "Player"

_pos= position player;

Would this script work if I just wanted all zombies in a certrain radius to die around a trigger?

{
if ((_x getvariable "CHN_UNDEAD_IS_UNDEAD")  then
{ _x setdammage 1};
} foreach allunits;

I'm not too good at scripting...doubt it would work really

Edited by Minizzzile

Alright thanks again for your support. Gonna look into this now.

EDIT: Okay, another question (Question day?) for multiplayer, do you think your "killallzeds.sqf" would work? I'm not sure it would work since all the slots in my mission are set as "Playable" not "Player"

_pos= position player;

Would this script work if I just wanted all zombies in a certrain radius to die around a trigger?

{
if ((_x getvariable "CHN_UNDEAD_IS_UNDEAD")  then
{ _x setdammage 1};
} foreach allunits;

I'm not too good at scripting...doubt it would work really

The command sequence would kill all declared zombies in the allunits array.

You would have to specify an array like thisList to only kill certain zeds that are inside of a trigger.

Okay I have a few things to report.

(Charon, if you don't want this here let me know, I will remove it promptly. Your inbox was full)

Respawning

1) Player gets infected

2) Player does not live long enough for the infection counter to reach 0 but instead dies at lets say...30 seconds left.

3)Player will respawn with 30 seconds left on the timer will die again once it reaches 0. Player is able to see infection counter in the bottom right of the screen after respawn.

4)Player will then re-spawn with no consequences from the infection.

That would explain why I reported there to be no problems. I would wait for the person to die from the infection before hitting ESC -> Respawn again. If the player dies with the infection, the infection will still be carried onto their next life until fully executed. Which, for me isn't a big issue. If you set the infection counter to something high though. (I usually put 30 seconds) I could see where players would start to get annoyed. But if you have respawn in a mission does it matter if you die again anyways?

Spawning Modules

When testing the modules before I had too many variables at play and was not conducting my experiment right.

For this test I did what I sent to you in my last message. (I like how the "old" zombie bodies will be deleted now by the way)

So! I ran the test about 4 times doing each way differently (Messing with the zombie limit and etc.)

The modules still failed to delete old empty groups and stopped working at the group limit of 144.

Again, this is how the test was conducted on average.

1)12 Spawn modules - Each spawning 1 zombie at a rate of 30 seconds

2)Zombies were surrounded by loads of Static M2's to ensure none got away.

3)Zombies would stop spawning at around 6 minutes

-That time would support the group limit being reached statement. 12*30 seconds=360/60= 6 Minutes

Take Backs

I believe I told you your revert virus broke the spawning modules? Well, seeing this new evidence would cause reason to discredit that belief. I have not tested it but I believe that there is nothing wrong with the revert virus.

Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for any inconvience I have caused.

Edited by Minizzzile

Okay I have a few things to report.

(Charon, if you don't want this here let me know, I will remove it promptly. Your inbox was full)

Respawning

1) Player gets infected

2) Player does not live long enough for the infection counter to reach 0 but instead dies at lets say...30 seconds left.

3)Player will respawn with 30 seconds left on the timer will die again once it reaches 0. Player is able to see infection counter in the bottom right of the screen after respawn.

4)Player will then re-spawn with no consequences from the infection.

That would explain why I reported there to be no problems. I would wait for the person to die from the infection before hitting ESC -> Respawn again. If the player dies with the infection, the infection will still be carried onto their next life until fully executed. Which, for me isn't a big issue. If you set the infection counter to something high though. (I usually put 30 seconds) I could see where players would start to get annoyed. But if you have respawn in a mission does it matter if you die again anyways?

Spawning Modules

When testing the modules before I had too many variables at play and was not conducting my experiment right.

For this test I did what I sent to you in my last message. (I like how the "old" zombie bodies will be deleted now by the way)

So! I ran the test about 4 times doing each way differently (Messing with the zombie limit and etc.)

The modules still failed to delete old empty groups and stopped working at the group limit of 144.

Again, this is how the test was conducted on average.

1)12 Spawn modules - Each spawning 1 zombie at a rate of 30 seconds

2)Zombies were surrounded by loads of Static M2's to ensure none got away.

3)Zombies would stop spawning at around 6 minutes

-That time would support the group limit being reached statement. 12*30 seconds=360/60= 6 Minutes

Take Backs

I believe I told you your revert virus broke the spawning modules? Well, seeing this new evidence would cause reason to discredit that belief. I have not tested it but I believe that there is nothing wrong with the revert virus.

Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for any inconvience I have caused.

Please do a quick

hint format ["Group count %1",count allgroups];

after 6 minutes.

If the group count goes beyond 144, then the change i had implemented, but did not have time to test, does not work.

If it is below 144 then the reason for that problem lies somewhere else.

The revert virus thing should not break the modules, they have completetly different functionalities.

I don`t know how to fix that infected on respawn issue, i clear all variables for the players by script, still for some reason these variable changes are not accepted, no idea why.

I did it first on the server transmitting to all clients, then on the clients with locally firing killed EHs that would clear the variables, both does not work.

Edited by Charon Productions

Okay, I did the same set-up but just replaced the 88 groups of US soldiers with 1 big group of AVP Marines (lol) and the zombies stopped coming at group number 145. (So, the limit of 144 if you subtract my group)

As for the infection respawn issue...You can only try so hard before you just have to say "Screw it". I'm sure there are other things that can get done for this mod instead of wasting a good portion of your time on a bug that just might be hardwired into ArmA 2 itself. In my opinion, The spawn thing isn't really that big of a deal if respawn is in the mission. I would just put the infection counter to a low number and wait it out if you got bitten.

The only thing that I would really say that I would like to have fixed would be the spawning modules. Then I would bet that your mod is reaching perfection!

You did end up fixing the respawn as an undead issue inadvertently though, so it's not all to waste.

On an unrelated note, SnR ran an idea through me a week or so back. Grabbed the VTS Beta 5 mission and did a quick and dirty edit to include the infected groups and units. It actually works rather well with it under an MP setting, giving you a lot more control over the numbers so that you don't slug the system, how the undead operate, and as with the nature of the mission, allow for quick and easy missions on the fly.

You did end up fixing the respawn as an undead issue inadvertently though, so it's not all to waste.

On an unrelated note, SnR ran an idea through me a week or so back. Grabbed the VTS Beta 5 mission and did a quick and dirty edit to include the infected groups and units. It actually works rather well with it under an MP setting, giving you a lot more control over the numbers so that you don't slug the system, how the undead operate, and as with the nature of the mission, allow for quick and easy missions on the fly.

Hmm, this might be a good work around until Charon fixes the spawning module.

Does this take into account the 144 group limit per side? Does it let you exceed that?

Possibly, I haven't had a proper look at it yet and I can't at the moment, no thanks to Vista going ballistic after installing SP2 and spewing X IS NOT RESPONDING on nearly half my programs which load or I try to load (inc. ARMA).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ylugr20mgyy/co105_vts35b5_udmod.Chernarus.pbo

Give it a run.

I think the amount he said should push it to the limit with all the other NPCS and shit going on at the same time. I have a 920 as well, at the moment I'm downloading Part 1.

I'm just curious, since I use a ARMA 2 Launcher for my mods, if all 3 parts need seperate modfolders and then uploaded that way to the Launcher? Hmm

I suppose you could try putting the PBO files in the same mod folder so they all load, just a thought ;)

Fine addon , i've already made two big missions . :)

Very nice! I hope their good ;)

EDIT: Charon, I had a question about the MOVER groups for the spawn module.

If I named a player, or an empty car. And gave the zombies the move order to that player or car will they in a sense "track" the player or the car? Or will they go to where the car/player were when the zombies were spawned?

Edited by Minizzzile

do Airstrips count as migrate-able areas?

If the position is listed in the respective island config´s location array then the position will be considered.

All islands are different, so it all depends on what the island maker has put into his config.

do Airstrips count as migrate-able areas?

*Looks at his sig*

If you are using Sahrani, the air-ports do not count as locations. You will have to check the locations as Charon suggested.

Does anyoneone know if there is a way to "add" your own location to an island via script? Or is it hard-wired into the island itself?

(Sorry I don't really understand how it works)

Got this the other day and have been playing around with it ever since. The infected are incredible, this is one of the best I've played, certainly one of the best zombie mods ever created. Very atmospheric and the fact that you got it working in ArmA2 so well is astonishing, nice job man, keep up the good work :)

I'd also appreciate an update on that count. I read that it was mostly working in MP but haven't seen any detail on what is/isn't may/may not be functioning correctly if this is known yet.

Hey guys, is this mod capable of multiplayer yet?
I'd also appreciate an update on that count. I read that it was mostly working in MP but haven't seen any detail on what is/isn't may/may not be functioning correctly if this is known yet.

Please read the thread, it has been answered multiple times

Does anyoneone know if there is a way to "add" your own location to an island via script? Or is it hard-wired into the island itself?

You can`t change the config on the fly (unfortunately).

I might consider in some future update to include player-scripted locations into the selection, but it was hard enough to get this working right already with the existing locations. It`s just so damn complex.

Hey guys, is this mod capable of multiplayer yet?

Thanks,

Mike.

Yes, it is (From what I can see) fully multiplayer compatible. Charon just says that he dosen't really support multiplayer because he has no real way of testing it himself. As that would require multiple computers.

Please read the thread, it has been answered multiple times

I have been following the thread and just worked my way back through it again, the last thing that was said on the matter two weeks ago cited (amongst other things) time pressure preventing testing of "advanced MP features"...

I have a couple of fixes for V0.85 now and wanted to include the advanced MP features, but there is not enough testers with multiple machines and enough time to do the tests.

...so hardly concluded.

To be fair, many players (Other then myself) have reported that multiplayer works just fine.

Everything that Charon says that should work in SP works in MP for me. There are no bugs that are game-breaking from SP to MP. The zombies still spawn in the infected towns. The zombies still go to other towns to infect more peeps. You still get nommed the same way (If not a little bit more laggy). You still kill zombies the same way. Zombie dogs still scare you shitless in groups of 5+ the same way.

The only bug I could find in multiplayer (This hasn't been fully tested, mind you) that if you are playing a long mission with your buddies (Like I am on a 10+ Hour mission so far with my buddies) saving the game seems to break a few of the AI's move orders but is either fixed when enough time has passed to give them more orders or you come near them.

You can`t change the config on the fly (unfortunately).

I might consider in some future update to include player-scripted locations into the selection, but it was hard enough to get this working right already with the existing locations. It`s just so damn complex.

Hmm, yeah I could see it being a pain or two. Getting player-scripted locations would be a nice but, not needed. Missions could get a lot more in-depth.

Edited by Minizzzile

i searched in the thread but found no answer: how can i use the zombies, that spawn after infecting an human, for scripts?

i want to use "killed" eventhandler to get money for every killed zombie.

got it done for editor placed zombies and spawned ones (via own script, even dont know how to score the ones from spawn module...).

i searched in the thread but found no answer: how can i use the zombies, that spawn after infecting an human, for scripts?

i want to use "killed" eventhandler to get money for every killed zombie.

got it done for editor placed zombies and spawned ones (via own script, even dont know how to score the ones from spawn module...).

Hmm, sorry. I wish I could help you but this kind of scripting is above my head. I'm not sure you could count the ones coming from the spawn module or not. You would need to edit those directly?