Quick question, for every new update, it contains the content from the previous update(s) right? There's been a few I've skipped, but I will probably grab the next one. I just want to be sure I get everything from and UP from the version I got currently.

You need all files for V0.84

And V0.85 will have additional models, so also for the next update

all parts will be needed.

Only when an update has minor script changes then it will be only one part.

Charon, I tried to let the Module create by trigger with Syntax:

module = "CHN_Undead_Logic2" createVehicle (position z1);

Sadly it doesn`t seem to work :(

Charon, I tried to let the Module create by trigger with Syntax:

module = "CHN_Undead_Logic2" createVehicle (position z1);

Sadly it doesn`t seem to work :(

Modules need to be spawned into a group.

Google-search or forum search for the correct way to do it.

I have to confess I wandered away back when MP looked to be off the menu but you have my full attention once again. I mean what's a zombie mission without your buddies watching your back?

Haha yeah, this is very fun for multiplayer. If you have ACE and CAA1 you could come play a game with my buds and I.

Edit: Charon, is there a way to get the spawn modules to spawn dogs?

Edited by Minizzzile

Edit: Charon, is there a way to get the spawn modules to spawn dogs?

Not yet implemented.

You can spawn them yourself using the standard spawn script featured in the demo missions and just insert the dog´s config type into the createunit commands.

Not yet implemented.

You can spawn them yourself using the standard spawn script featured in the demo missions and just insert the dog´s config type into the createunit commands.

Alright! Thanks for the quick responses. Appreciate the good work!

Anybody elses game getting frozen after like 15 minutes of play now?

This didnt happen until i updated to version .84

Anybody elses game getting frozen after like 15 minutes of play now?

This didnt happen until i updated to version .84

No this dosen't happen to me...

Can you be more specific? Does it just happen on a certain mission or any mission using The Undead Mod? If you have a mission that has a lot of units, scripts, or commands it can lock up. I would recommend just placing a zombie down and one player slot in a mission and see if it still locks up. I have played a zombie mission for 6 hours straight and never had it lock up. (I did save and continue it later at least 2 times though)

Also, How many other addons are you running? Are you running in windows mode?

I could help you better but I am exhausted and need some sleep...

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Minizzzile

I thought u didn't have time to update ? ^_0

Keep it up :)

I thought u didn't have time to update ? ^_0

Keep it up :)

Would you bet one million dollars on knowing today with absolute certainty what your life would look like in 2 weeks?

Maybe the freezing was due to having my CPU fan real low..It was lower than usual till i turned it up.

Also, is it possible to have Ambient civilians and such working on other maps other than Utes and Chernaraus?

Maybe the freezing was due to having my CPU fan real low..It was lower than usual till i turned it up.

Also, is it possible to have Ambient civilians and such working on other maps other than Utes and Chernaraus?

You know... that's a good question. Personally, I was never able to get those kinds of modules to work on Sahrani so I'm not sure that they do. I'm also not sure I would recommend the Ambient Civilian Module for the The Undead Mod though. I've had it stop the infection process all together once... But I suppose it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

You know... that's a good question. Personally, I was never able to get those kinds of modules to work on Sahrani so I'm not sure that they do. I'm also not sure I would recommend the Ambient Civilian Module for the The Undead Mod though. I've had it stop the infection process all together once... But I suppose it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

ACM should work fine under a singleplayer environment. It'll definitely have trouble on the former though.

As for it working on other maps, I think that's dependent on whether or not the mapper has defined locations for civilians to spawn beforehand.

ACM should work fine under a singleplayer environment. It'll definitely have trouble on the former though.

As for it working on other maps, I think that's dependent on whether or not the mapper has defined locations for civilians to spawn beforehand.

Well that would explain why Sahrani dosen't work. (As it being a port over from ArmA 1 wouldn't have pre-defined spawning areas)

Well that would explain why Sahrani dosen't work. (As it being a port over from ArmA 1 wouldn't have pre-defined spawning areas)

ACM is looking up the island config`s locations stored in the according array.

If there is no locations considered for an island, then there will be no way for a script to tell where to spawn inhabitants of villages.

ACM is looking up the island config`s locations stored in the according array.

If there is no locations considered for an island, then there will be no way for a script to tell where to spawn inhabitants of villages.

Well I know for sure that Sahrani has those locations there but I could never get the ACM to work on it. Then again...I have never gotten it to work without flaws.

Well I know for sure that Sahrani has those locations there but I could never get the ACM to work on it. Then again...I have never gotten it to work without flaws.

Have you added the caa1_c_locationDefinitions.pbo ?

The island is an Arma1 island, you need the definitions otherwise ACM won´t find anything.

Have you added the caa1_c_locationDefinitions.pbo ?

The island is an Arma1 island, you need the definitions otherwise ACM won´t find anything.

Well, I have the oldest version of the CAA1 port and I just downloaded it off of a site and did not port it over myself. I assume those locationDefinitions are in there because the CODE RED markers for your mod work in every village/town.

EDIT: Hey Charon, I was poking around in the editor and found something called the "Undead Brain" (Or something of the sort) and was wondering about its function. When I placed it down one marine I had near by rushed it and seemed to pick it up and then got shot at by his buddy?

Edited by Minizzzile

Well, I have the oldest version of the CAA1 port and I just downloaded it off of a site and did not port it over myself. I assume those locationDefinitions are in there because the CODE RED markers for your mod work in every village/town.

The locationdefinitions have been made by the dev heaven guys to adhere to the Arma2 config standard of named locations.

But the virtual infection system of the undead mod is based upon the same locations that the ACM uses and most maps DO have named locations that are listed in the island config.

EDIT: Hey Charon, I was poking around in the editor and found something called the "Undead Brain" (Or something of the sort) and was wondering about its function. When I placed it down one marine I had near by rushed it and seemed to pick it up and then got shot at by his buddy?

The object is inadvertently scoped for editor use, this is only in your personal V0.85 pre-beta version. It is not meant to be used by mission makers and it is part of the new feature that AI teammates will headshoot killed and infected teammates to prevent them from returning undead.

The locationdefinitions have been made by the dev heaven guys to adhere to the Arma2 config standard of named locations.

But the virtual infection system of the undead mod is based upon the same locations that the ACM uses and most maps DO have named locations that are listed in the island config.

The object is inadvertently scoped for editor use, this is only in your personal V0.85 pre-beta version. It is not meant to be used by mission makers and it is part of the new feature that AI teammates will headshoot killed and infected teammates to prevent them from returning undead.

Hmm, okay. I will have to use the ACM to see if it works. Although, I don't know if using it in missions would be a wanted effect though. Charon, have you used the ACM in any of your missions?

Ahhh. I see. That is a very nice feature! Ha adds more realism I suppose. Now only if I could give the AI a "fear" or "Mass hysteria I'm-gonna-shoot-everyone-around-me-cause-they-are-one-of-them" ability. Haha anyways. Keep up the good work man.

Appreciate it,

Minizzzile. (Couldn't remember my password, Darn you auto-login!!!)

Edited by Genesis92x

Hmm, okay. I will have to use the ACM to see if it works. Although, I don't know if using it in missions would be a wanted effect though. Charon, have you used the ACM in any of your missions?

Yes, in the Demo mission Rapid Containment (That nobody semms to have actually every looked into lol)

ACM does work with the Undead mod, a big amount of time was spent to make it work together for example zombies not hunting humans in their "door vehicles" and the envoy system that would spread the infection even thought the towns are pratically always inhabited.

I personally mission-script island populations though, that makes survivor missions more controllable.

Ahhh. I see. That is a very nice feature! Ha adds more realism I suppose. Now only if I could give the AI a "fear" or "Mass hysteria I'm-gonna-shoot-everyone-around-me-cause-they-are-one-of-them" ability. Haha anyways. Keep up the good work man.

You can actually do that. With scripting everything is possible.

When you want such a mass hysteria just put everyone´s rating to a negative value, as easy as that.

that rapid containment mission was funky but still fun, i tried to make one similar but me and my squad loaded up onto chopper we took off and i had a transport unload for the chopper and a getout for the squad and a helipad and i synced the waypoints but the copter will just fly over the pad and just go to the next waypoint without even landing us. know what the problem is? another thing, a mission like the warfare ones with zombies would be fun. thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

does anyone know a spectating script to where i can move the camera around freely? i want to watch the infection spread

that rapid containment mission was funky but still fun, i tried to make one similar but me and my squad loaded up onto chopper we took off and i had a transport unload for the chopper and a getout for the squad and a helipad and i synced the waypoints but the copter will just fly over the pad and just go to the next waypoint without even landing us. know what the problem is? another thing, a mission like the warfare ones with zombies would be fun. thanks.

Just look into the Rapid Containment mission and do the chopper as it´s done in there and most of all read some threads here about chopper transport script. Since OFP this has been not too easy with the pilot AI.

does anyone know a spectating script to where i can move the camera around freely? i want to watch the infection spread

TroopMon2

Yes, in the Demo mission Rapid Containment (That nobody semms to have actually every looked into lol)

ACM does work with the Undead mod, a big amount of time was spent to make it work together for example zombies not hunting humans in their "door vehicles" and the envoy system that would spread the infection even thought the towns are pratically always inhabited.

I personally mission-script island populations though, that makes survivor missions more controllable.

You can actually do that. With scripting everything is possible.

When you want such a mass hysteria just put everyone´s rating to a negative value, as easy as that.

Yeah, I should admit that although I have used your missions (just for scripts/references/others stuff) I have not played them except for a few minutes. I was always too excited or busy working on my mission. (Which I hope to compile a movie show casing it soon)

I have one more question, (I havnt looked for this yet but anyways...) Is it possible to cache empty vehciles and such in a town? If I cache a group of units in a town will the zombies still go for the town?

Yeah, I should admit that although I have used your missions (just for scripts/references/others stuff) I have not played them except for a few minutes. I was always too excited or busy working on my mission. (Which I hope to compile a movie show casing it soon)

I have one more question, (I havnt looked for this yet but anyways...) Is it possible to cache empty vehciles and such in a town? If I cache a group of units in a town will the zombies still go for the town?

Put a safezone trigger around the town in question.

Look into the demo missions and set the safezone trigger up EXACTLY like in the missions. The zeds won`t enter.