Make sure your island DOES have named locations

Don`t spawn anything other than "migrating" groups

Make sure you placed the undead module (and the right one for the type of zombies you use)

It is as easy.

Look at the demo missions, you probably miss something

Sorry, but how would i set a group to ''migrate''? i just spawn them with the right module (like 'THE UNDEAD- ZOMBIES).

Is there another module that says something like MIGRATE?

or do you have to type it in the exec thing. Thanks again.

Sorry, but how would i set a group to ''migrate''? i just spawn them with the right module (like 'THE UNDEAD- ZOMBIES).

Is there another module that says something like MIGRATE?

or do you have to type it in the exec thing. Thanks again.

Well, again it`s ALL in the documentation that nobody reads:

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE",GROUPTYPE,true];

where GROUPTYPE determines the migration behaviour of the group.

example: this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","STATIC",true];

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","NON-MIGRATING",true];

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MIGRATING",true];

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];

The differences between these types are:

- A "STATIC" group will not move anywhere, just stay at their spawned position

until a human is spotted which the group will hunt.

- A "NON-MIGRATING" group will patrol the nearest location and seek for

humans to hunt (Note: If the group is spawned in the wilderness it will

move to the nearest location first and then start the patrol)

If the group is spawned inside of a town, it will consider that town the

nearest location of course.

- A "MIGRATING" group will patrol the nearest location IF (!) there is any

humans in it. IF NOT (!) it will migrate to the nearest location where

there are humans in it and patrol that location until a human is found.

This procedure will repeat until no human is left on the map.

- A "MOVER" group is basically doing what a "MIGRATING" group is doing

with the only difference that a waypoint can be given to that group

upon spawn to which the group will MOVE to then act like a "MIGRATING"

group

Make sure you have Arma2 1.05 installed

and your island DOES have named locations, then the zed groups WILL migrate if you either spawn a "MIGRATING" group via the spawn module or

just put down editor placed zeds.

It`s relatively easy (AI_DUDE is the AI with the action attached):

Alright thanks again for your patience Charon.

EDIT: I just got a message telling me this as well (Works really well but I haven't fully tested it)

You might want to save it somewhere for a possible future use?

On AI unit

Join = this addaction ["Join Group","Join.sqs"];

Join.sqs

private ["_obj","_caller","_id"];
_npc = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id 	= _this select 2;

_npc removeAction _id;
[_npc] joinSilent _caller;

Edited by Minizzzile

Join.sqs

private ["_obj","_caller","_id"];
_npc = _this select 0;
_caller = _this select 1;
_id 	= _this select 2;

_npc removeAction _id;
[_npc] joinSilent _caller;

I would be surprised if this works, because _caller

is not being used as an argument to call the script.

It has to be determined by the script itself at runtime

in relation to the _npc.

EDIT:

crappy video for those who wanted to see part of it.

The video is awesome, but I'm still not exactly sure what the features/Objectives of the mission are.

I would be surprised if this works, because _caller

is not being used as an argument to call the script.

It has to be determined by the script itself at runtime

in relation to the _npc.

Not sure, but I was able to test it for multiplayer and it seemed to work flawlessly. I've been reading up on some scripting for ArmA 2 and absorbing as much of it as I could while doing college crap at the same time... I couldn't find an answer either.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The video is awesome, but I'm still not exactly sure what the features/Objectives of the mission are.

Haha, that was really the point I suppose. If you want a quick run down...

Here is an something from the Notes of the mission.

No one knows where they came from. No one knows how they came. Everyone just knows that they can be lurking around any corner. The infected started in Northern Sahrani about 1 week ago and has been spreading viciously since. Now, Northen Sahrani has been completly infected. Connections to the outside world have all been severed. No T.V. No radio. No nothing. The last of the U.S. soldiers remain scattered and, for the most part, unorganized. Without sufficent amount of supplies the soldiers were unable to hold the quarantine imposed on Northen Sahrani and the infected leaked through. Now the only remaining cities face the horror that could only be delayed for a short time. To survive, you will need to be quick. You will need to be smart. You must scavange for weapons! You must scavange for everything and anything! Be sure to check every vehicle. Every town. Every street. Kill every zombie. Good luck though...You will need it.

The mission is based around 6 towns. It is the sandbox mode of a zombie world. The mission will only end untill every player dies or they say "I'm done" and quits.

The player(s) can select which town they want to be randomly spawned into.

Once the players are spawned, the world is randomly generated for a different type of gameplay each time. (With the exception of a few placed/triggered units)

Players are all Blufor soldiers. Except for the fact that they start out with nothing. No guns, no map, no gear. The players are forced to scavange for any items that they can use. (If they have not been stolen by the AI)

There are many things in this world for the player to do if you want some kind of objective.

1) Reach a town and fortify it. Other towns are better then some.

2) Recruit surviving AI civilians and arm them with weapons (If they don't already have one) to help you fight.

3) Find a military Checkpoint Zone and help them hold off the zombies.

4) Find the "special" civilians that are scattered around. They usually have a good weapon or two and are very skilled with it.

5) Survive.

6) If you have the patience, you can fly,walk or drive to the very northen part of the land and wait for the zombies to come for you.

7) Assault the Opfor encampment for better gear.

8) Repopulate a town with the "Revert Virus" if you want.

A fun one, if you spawn in Dolores, is making it to the "Evacuation Zone" before the infection level becomes too high (Or 30 minutes pass, hence the sterilization in the video) and they have to bail without you! But you are not the only one trying to make it to the zone. AI will be heading there as well. Some are not as friendly as others due to mass hysteria.

Some features I suppose would be random spawning of mostly everything or

Do what you want gameplay

If you don't want to have a group of survivors following you around, then don't recruit any! If you like to be the guy who finds a place to go and fortify by yourself, well, you can do that as well. I personally like getting good gear, then getting as many civies as I can and tell them to run to some town protected by the military for temporary safety. Then gear them up to help me later on. I could tell you more but I would need to open up a new thread for the mission instead of wasting space in Charon's forum (Sorry Charon :()

Edited by Minizzzile

uh, am I using this code wrong ,it's in a script that's called at the beginning of the mission, but every time it fully populates the map:

Sleep 15;

[[berezino, Gorka, Polana, Dubrovka, Khelm]] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_SETMAPINF;

uh, am I using this code wrong ,it's in a script that's called at the beginning of the mission, but every time it fully populates the map:

Sleep 15;

[[berezino, Gorka, Polana, Dubrovka, Khelm]] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_SETMAPINF;

You use it slightly wrong, the names need to be of the type string and not object like you use it:

[["Berezino","Gorka","Polana","Dubrovka","Khelm"]] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_SETMAPINF;

To start off with im very new to the whole map making thing, im half way decient at opening a map and tearing it apart to figure out how it works. One thing that i cannot seem to be able to do is get the Zombies to show up on the editor map in red (enemy). even with them showing up in green they still attack which is fine but i don't see what im missing..I've tried things like the fallowing

civilian setFriend [west , 0];

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

resistance setFriend [west, 0];

in both the init section of the unit, as well as in the init.sqf file, and still no go.

To start off with im very new to the whole map making thing, im half way decient at opening a map and tearing it apart to figure out how it works. One thing that i cannot seem to be able to do is get the Zombies to show up on the editor map in red (enemy). even with them showing up in green they still attack which is fine but i don't see what im missing..I've tried things like the fallowing

civilian setFriend [west , 0];

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

resistance setFriend [west, 0];

in both the init section of the unit, as well as in the init.sqf file, and still no go.

That´s why there is demo missions included. Analyze the missions

in the editor and look into the init.sqf(s) in the mission folders.

All your answers are in there.

Your problem is most likely that you have to place a player first and he must be of any side other than resistance. Furthermore you must set "independents friendly to nobody" manually in the editor.

in the editor and look into the init.sqf(s) in the mission folders.

If you look through Charons mission you can answer most of your questions. (Which is sounds like you have done)

If the player is a "civilian"/"Independent" the zombies will show up green.

NOW! There is a neat little trick you can do in the editor that will force a unit to go to the side of your choosing.

Example: Say you have an Opfor squad, but since the zombies invaded, Opfor and Blufor set aside their differences and are now allied. (So realisticly, you wouldn't want the two sides firing at each other) So, to fix this- just place the Opfor squad and set them up how you would like. Then create any 1 Blufor unit. Make sure his rank is as high as it will go and make his "Probability of Presence" = 0. Then just "group" him with the Opfor group.

That way the Opfor squad will load in without the Blufor unit in the group but be classified as Blufor. Doing this for civilians seems to have increased the Zombies "nom nommage" (If you may) for them as well. I would reserve Independent ONLY for the zombies alone.

Picture

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/6906/arma22010030820233172.png

Edited by Minizzzile

Ok thanks Charon i was just messing around in the editor again and i see what you mean by setting the independant to no friends, the simpliest of things always get over looked LOL thanks man muchly appreicated for the info

Ha! Nothing better then nom nommage :yay:

--------------------------

Now that the Sahrani civilians addon has been released will there be any attempt to create a zombified version of them too?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96521

I was looking at that as well. There was a way to add custom zombies I believe... (granted that you know how to model and etc.) but I am not sure how at the moment. It is in this forum somewhere.

Edited by Minizzzile

Ha! Nothing better then nom nommage :yay:

--------------------------

I was looking at that as well. There was a way to add custom zombies I believe... (granted that you know how to model and etc.) but I am not sure how at the moment. It is in this forum somewhere.

Yep it's described here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1557658&postcount=282

But I'll spare you that :p

Download the file for both infected and zombie sahrani civs here:

http://www.filefront.com/15819183/sara_undead.7z

(needs the original Sahrani Civilians package)

Had a quick test, they should work but I may have missed some config error which shouldn't be hard to fix.

I dont know if i understand this mod correct...

Is it possible to just put lets say one zombie an the map that will attack the player, without infection and other stuff ?

Just one or two zombies.

Will they stay where they are and only attack if the player comes close ?

I dont know if i understand this mod correct...

Is it possible to just put lets say one zombie an the map that will attack the player, without infection and other stuff ?

Just one or two zombies.

Will they stay where they are and only attack if the player comes close ?

Yes, if you place zombies down they will attack the player, (You still have to place the "Undead - Zombies" or "Undead - Infected" module for the zombies to act properly)

They will hunt the player if he comes close or they will track him down if he is in a town

The zombies are actually quite sophisticatedly scripted. They have many many variables to consider. But, if you just wanna shoot a few. Just remember to place a few down and then put one of the modules in.

Edited by Minizzzile

It worked, thanks.

But is it possible to limit the area the zombies will walk ?

They move to far away from the location i want them to be...

It would be good to spawn them with "this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","NON-MIGRATING",true];"

But how can i set the units i want to the group, they should only spawn once.

Edited by Wiggum

It worked, thanks.

But is it possible to limit the area the zombies will walk ?

They move to far away from the location i want them to be...

It would be good to spawn them with "this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","NON-MIGRATING",true];"

But how can i set the units i want to the group, they should only spawn once.

Create a group with the group member zed types of your choice and

set the group variable :

_grp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true];

Then that group will stay in that place

Thank you both.

But i cant get it really to work...

If there are other RESISTANCE Units on the Map the Zombies will move away in their direction.

In the Zombie leaders init i put Zedgrp1= groupthis an then i have this script that i call in the init.sqf:

zombie.sqf

sleep 15;
Zedgrp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true]; 

Now the group does not patrol or somethin in a different area, they stand still most of the time and just "jump" over some little distance.

What did i do wrong ?

Edited by Wiggum

Hmm, is it possible at all to have wave-spawns that get progressively harder? I can spawn a group of say 50 zombies/infected every 2 minutes but want to make it so that it spawns 10 more each time.