So after trying out Fort Zombie and being disappointed, and watching Day of the Dead last night, i just had to download this mod and see if this could fulfill my wish.

All i can say is i wish i had downloaded it earlier.

I've started work on a mission that hopefully is a bit like Dawn of the dead and Fort Zombie, with the objective to survive for a set amount of time before rescue comes.

But you are ill-equipped and not with enough ammo, so you'll have to scavenge for stuff throughout the world which i will have hidden.

I also hope to do some neat encounters with pockets of resistance, eerie scenes etc, with a few tunes from Lustmord running on the back ground.

However, two questions: i have only placed the zombie spawn module and the zombie module, with some groups of zombies scattered throughout the area.

Do i need a civilian module to have the infection spread properly?

And the second, more important question: do zombies automatically move your way? Because i did get this impression from the playtesting i did so far.

However i would like at least some zombies to stay in their respective area.

This is because i want people to think logically in how they search their environment.

So for example, army base = weapon supplies. But when all the zombies i placed there already walked away, there is no risk versus reward in place, eliminating a lot of tactical choices.

So if they do move your way by default, he can make them stay in an area and just have them shamble around there?

Do i need a civilian module to have the infection spread properly?

No you do not need the civilian module to have the infection spread properly! But if you do use it, Charon included many variables for you to tweak and edit to get it to the effect you want. If you want the zombies to go for a certain town, put at least 1 person in the town or the zombies will skip it.

do zombies automatically move your way? Because i did get this impression from the playtesting i did so far.

However i would like at least some zombies to stay in their respective area.

The zombies will not come for you unless you are in a town. If you are out in the middle of a desert, they will not come for you, UNLESS they can see you of course. The zombies will also NEVER give up hunting you once they see you.

You can trap zombies in a certain area by putting "Safe Zones" all around them so they will not leave the area. You can also spawn some zombies as a player enters an area also. If the spawning module on and off trigger worked, you could easily use that :S

Maybe someone can educate me please, I'm having a hard time getting this mod installed. I downloaded the compressed file, I see all the files and folders inside, but no matter what I try it wil not go. I tried just installing the .pbo and bisigns to the "Addons" folder like it says in the read me, no good. I tried making an "@" folder, no good either. what goes where?

What problems are you having? All you have to do is throw all the .pbos in your addons folder and you should be good to go.

If the spawning module on and off trigger worked, you could easily use that :S

You think found the problem?

What problems are you having? All you have to do is throw all the .pbos in your addons folder and you should be good to go.

Did that 20 times, no good. What about the folder named

"Undead_Demo_Missions" where does that go???

You think found the problem?

I have tried at least 5 work arounds to no avail. I have one last thing to try tonight and if that dosent work I might look into the mod.pbo itself.

Of course doing that requires Charons permission...Im not exactly sure where he dissapeared off to. Is it possible to get permission to edit a mod without the creators consent?

DaveS: Im not sure I'm understanding your problem. Is the mod just not working itself?

Try this.

Place all the PBOs into your addons folder.

Place all the folders (the missions) in your Documents>ArmA2 Other Profiles>YOURPROFILENAME>Mpmissions (or something of the like)

Load up ArmA and find the missions and have fun!

Edited by Genesis92x

this is how i shut it on and off 1.put spawning module i named the module (zsp1)2.now put all this in the initialization part of the module. zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL",30,true]; zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER",3,true];zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",position Car3,true];3. now make a trigger in the axis a put 15 in the axis b put 15 activation set for independent ( zoms are independent ) set for ONCE has to be once. in the on act put this zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false]; 4. now put the trigger on top of the spawning module.when the game starts the spawning zoms will shut off the module.5. now you can make it go on and off by putting triggers in town.trigger 1 set blufor repeatedly,present,countdown min 5 mid 5 max 5, on act zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",true];this will put it on!! now to shut off. trigger 2 set blufor repeatedly,NOTpresent,countdown min 0 mid 0 max 0, on act zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",FALSE]; the down side is not bad on the game start up 3 zoms spawn thats all. then the rest is on and off by triggers.you need them to shut the module off on start up. have fun. ps you can make as many as you like give them names the spawning module that is.

I have tried at least 5 work arounds to no avail. I have one last thing to try tonight and if that dosent work I might look into the mod.pbo itself.

Of course doing that requires Charons permission...Im not exactly sure where he dissapeared off to. Is it possible to get permission to edit a mod without the creators consent?

DaveS: Im not sure I'm understanding your problem. Is the mod just not working itself?

Try this.

Place all the PBOs into your addons folder.

Place all the folders (the missions) in your Documents>ArmA2 Other Profiles>YOURPROFILENAME>Mpmissions (or something of the like)

Load up ArmA and find the missions and have fun!

I'll try what ya said with the missions folder. I placed the pbo's where they need to be, start game, but all I see is the stock missions and scenarios, etc. Lemme try what you recommend and I will reply back.

this is how i shut it on and off 1.put spawning module i named the module (zsp1)2.now put all this in the initialization part of the module. zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL",30,true]; zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER",3,true];zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",position Car3,true];3. now make a trigger in the axis a put 15 in the axis b put 15 activation set for independent ( zoms are independent ) set for ONCE has to be once. in the on act put this zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false]; 4. now put the trigger on top of the spawning module.when the game starts the spawning zoms will shut off the module.5. now you can make it go on and off by putting triggers in town.trigger 1 set blufor repeatedly,present,countdown min 5 mid 5 max 5, on act zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",true];this will put it on!! now to shut off. trigger 2 set blufor repeatedly,NOTpresent,countdown min 0 mid 0 max 0, on act zsp1 setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",FALSE]; the down side is not bad on the game start up 3 zoms spawn thats all. then the rest is on and off by triggers.you need them to shut the module off on start up. have fun. ps you can make as many as you like give them names the spawning module that is.

Thank you very much for the reply and explanation. I will try it again, even though this is what I have tried before... Let me take another look I suppose.

EDIT: Huh! It seems to work now. There is just a little bit of a delay in the trigger though.

Edited by Minizzzile

ya and you can play around w the triggers . i made 3 spawning module near a town and

it work out very good what a fight i had w the zoms.and its good to know when you go

the spawning module will shut off!!

Yes, it is a very useful command! I might try to see if I can get dogs to be spawned out of it :S

This is why we need to rescue Charon. I needz permisionz to see if I can mess with his mod. :(

Edited by Minizzzile

Just out of curiosity, guys, what version is the mod at? I stopped following the progress around V0.83. And is the download on ArmaHolic finally the V0.84? Last time I checked, they screwed up and put up the wrong one.

Just out of curiosity, guys, what version is the mod at? I stopped following the progress around V0.83. And is the download on ArmaHolic finally the V0.84? Last time I checked, they screwed up and put up the wrong one.

The latest released verison is V.84, Charon made verison .85 right before he dissapeared and gave it to a few testers but never released it. Which is dissapointing because V.85 has various important fixes in it!

...I wonder how long he has to be gone before it is allowed to just release his unfinished work? Probably awhile :confused:

This is because i want people to think logically in how they search their environment.

So for example, army base = weapon supplies. But when all the zombies i placed there already walked away, there is no risk versus reward in place, eliminating a lot of tactical choices.

So if they do move your way by default, he can make them stay in an area and just have them shamble around there?

Pulled straight from the documentation:

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRSTATZEDGRP

Spawns a group of random type undead with _spawnnumber members that does not migrate or patrol

returns: group

These guys stand perfectly still untill they detect you, which could possibly be manually set using doTarget, but I'm not sure. They have a fairly good range if you're not being stealthy, so it rewards the player. Also, it is how a zombie probably would be, in the real world, if there is nothing around it - it would stand still, as zombie's don't get bored or tired.

You may also like to use this;

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber,_movepos] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV

Spawns a group of random type undead with _spawnnumber members

and adds a waypoint to position _movepos to the group

returns: group

And set the position they move to to be the player's position. For example, player enters base, trigger activated, and this code is run - zombie spawns at designated location (could be scripted to be random choice from list, etc), and runs at player. You could do it from multiple directions with random number of zombies. Throw in ambience, and you're even more likely so scare the player. It works really good at night :)

One way I've done this in the past is use a quick-and-dirty script running out of at trigger's onAct field, triggered by the player's presence. You just change some of the numbers for a different effect on a different trigger. I realise my method for spawn location selection is off, but I'm sure you get the idea. Where FTL is the name of the player's unit;

[[(getpos FTL select 0) - random 200 + random 50,(getpos FTL select 1) - random 150 - random 75 - 50,(getpos FTL select 2)],2 + random 4,FTL] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV;

Another thing I've used previously to scare a player, is turning off the lights at night, when they have no nightvision, as per this post;

When I wanted to do the same I just call this script when I want to turn them off:
{_x switchLight "OFF"} forEach ((getPos Solnichniy) nearObjects ["StreetLamp",1500])

_objHouse = nearestObjects [solnichniy, ["House"], 1500];

{
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do {

_x animate [format ["Lights_%1",_i],0];
};
} forEach _objHouse;

NOTE: Solnichny is a Game Logic (Location) that I place in the center of where I want the lights to go out.

That will turn off all the house lights (in the windows, which are activated by ALICE), and all streetlights within 1500m.

Hope that helps :)

And anyway, I'm making a mission similar to yours. I might ask you for help soon.

Hope these help!

- HateDread.

Thank you very much for the reply and explanation. I will try it again, even though this is what I have tried before... Let me take another look I suppose.

EDIT: Huh! It seems to work now. There is just a little bit of a delay in the trigger though.

Hey I'm using raven's guide to spawn zombies on a trigger, but the only type that spawn are infected(fast movers). Is there a way to make normal zombies spawn given the guide he made? I want to be able to spawn fast movers and slow movers depending on the trigger the player(s) hit(s).

Thanks!

Hey I'm using raven's guide to spawn zombies on a trigger, but the only type that spawn are infected(fast movers). Is there a way to make normal zombies spawn given the guide he made? I want to be able to spawn fast movers and slow movers depending on the trigger the player(s) hit(s).

Thanks!

You can only have fast or slow zombies. You can't have both within the same mission.

I remember once that I put both modules in for the zombies and the effects...were interesting. I had some running and some walkers. It is very uncontrollable and ill-advised to do so. It was like the two modules were fighting over which zombie they got to use.

When I first got this mod I made a mission with both fast and slow, but seeing that I had no idea what I was doing I don't know if this applies to this situation.

I think I did it by synchronizing or grouping the infected module to the spawn module and the zombie module to another spawn module. Is this possible?

NOTE: If I am saying something completely idiotic I am sorry. :)

@Macscottie

What i do in my mission is i have slow zoms spawn like in my post.

then i make groups for fast zoms in the woods and give them WPs that are set off by triggers in the town. so when your fighting the slow ones off the fast zom start coming in.....its crazy...if you dont know how to do it ill help you. let me know how it works out for you.......

@Macscottie

What i do in my mission is i have slow zoms spawn like in my post.

then i make groups for fast zoms in the woods and give them WPs that are set off by triggers in the town. so when your fighting the slow ones off the fast zom start coming in.....its crazy...if you dont know how to do it ill help you. let me know how it works out for you.......

Raven that's kind of what I want to do, but whenever I make a group of zombies or infected they just start moving whether I want them to or not.

Is there a way through the group leader's init line to make the group just stay in one place? I've tried:

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","STATIC",true];

in the group leader's init but the group STILL moves :( I don't understand variables or arrays yet so I try to do things just via the init lines.

Heck if I could figure out how to make the zombies just stay in one place I wouldn't even need the spawn module. I could just make all the groups react to triggers.

Oh and thanks for the quick replys guys :)

Well if mixing the modules has no effect on your missions then I guess what works, works.

Even though mixing the modules is "never a good idea" if you get a female zombie (Slow zombie) it will cause the game to crash and etc.

Raven that's kind of what I want to do, but whenever I make a group of zombies or infected they just start moving whether I want them to or not.

Is there a way through the group leader's init line to make the group just stay in one place? I've tried:

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","STATIC",true];

in the group leader's init but the group STILL moves

Oh and thanks for the quick replys guys

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","STATIC",true]; only works for the spawning module I believe. I can't recall how to make a group of zeds not move. I will look into it and post back.

If all else fails, just use a spawning module and then turn it off as soon as the group spawns.

EDIT: Try using this command

_x setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRANT",true];

Edited by Minizzzile

you make 2 WPs WP1 right near the group and WP2 in town. then synchronize you

trigger w WP1. the bad thing is if the crazy zoms see you they will come for you trigger or no trigger.thats y i put them far in the woods it take a little for them to get to you

but you be bizzz fighting off the slow zoms ..if they dont see you they will stay at WP1

till trigger is hit...then they will move to town..