Only using one of the mods own spawn entities.

edit:

class Item5
	{
		side="LOGIC";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={16185.057,8.1409845,6123.0122};
				id=5;
				side="LOGIC";
				vehicle="CHN_UNDEAD_SPAWNMOD";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
				init="this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL"",600,true]; this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER"",6,true]; this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE"",""STATIC"",true];";
			};
		};
	};
	class Item6
	{
		side="LOGIC";
		class Vehicles
		{
			items=1;
			class Item0
			{
				position[]={15667.641,40.830856,6204.9419};
				id=6;
				side="LOGIC";
				vehicle="CHN_UNDEAD_SPAWNMOD";
				leader=1;
				skill=0.60000002;
				init="this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL"",500,true]; this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER"",10,true]; this setvariable [""CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE"",""MIGRATING"",true];";
			};
		};
	};

^^ Those.

The weird thing is, on a first test it worked. But after restarting the mission, or right within while watching them spawn it would switch to the "sunk in ground" mess :confused:

Edited by Mr Burns

Only using one of the mods own spawn entities :confused:

Strange. Have you tried moving the spawning module to a different location and see if the problem occurs there? I know there a few places in Sahrani that if a unit gets spawned a certain way to will do that.

Strange. Have you tried moving the spawning module to a different location and see if the problem occurs there? I know there a few places in Sahrani that if a unit gets spawned a certain way to will do that.

hm, i´ll certainly try that! Would be another prime ArmA moment finding out that object densitiy on a graveyard is too high for spawning zombies :thumb_down:

hm, i´ll certainly try that! Would be another prime ArmA moment finding out that object densitiy on a graveyard is too high for spawning zombies :thumb_down:

Haha, naw man, they just wanted to go back to sleep but didn't bury themselfs fully. :partytime:

The issue that the zeds appear half in the ground can sometimes happen

when a human gets infected dies and gets replaced by a zombie.

It has to do with Arma´s borked way of playing animations, so a complicated

workaround had to be found.

If they appear like that right after spawn, then i dont know the reason for that behaviour.

The issue that the zeds appear half in the ground can sometimes happen

when a human gets infected dies and gets replaced by a zombie.

It has to do with Arma´s borked way of playing animations, so a complicated

workaround had to be found.

If they appear like that right after spawn, then i dont know the reason for that behaviour.

Right after spwan that is. Although, when they get created they´re correctly placed for a split second, only then get warped underground. Already got me thinking the error being caused by some sort of animation mishap. Will need to try without stalker units, possibly those have some bad class inheritance for ofp2_skeleton (or whatever that thing was called)...

Moving the spawn module to another less cluttered place didn´t help btw.

Right after spwan that is. Although, when they get created they´re correctly placed for a split second, only then get warped underground. Already got me thinking the error being caused by some sort of animation mishap. Will need to try without stalker units, possibly those have some bad class inheritance for ofp2_skeleton (or whatever that thing was called)...

Moving the spawn module to another less cluttered place didn´t help btw.

Hm, does sound like an animation failure. It is strange that the zombies do that. I have never seen the zombies do that to me. Possible conflicting addons?

Problem solved. I was being a fucking idiot ._:

Had the new WarFX beta loading twice, like here and there (bold): -mod=@cba;@eng;@misc;@inselchen;@stalker

double-facepalm.jpg

Edited by Mr Burns

Is it possible to reduce the infected health for the spawn modules?

So i can have a 28 days later infected feeling?

Charon, would it be possible to allow the mission designer to spawn zombies that move through a selection of waypoints, not just one? Like a "MOVER" group but more like a "Travelling", or "Route" group.

Ie.

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber,_movepos] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV

Becomes

[_spawnpos,_spawnnumber,_movepos1,_movepos2] call CHN_UNDEAD_fn_CRTZEDGRPMV

The waypoints/various destinations could maybe be put into an array like the one location written for "MOVER" groups.

If it could be possibly done by the mission designer either through spawning individuals/groups via command, OR through configuring the spawn module, it would be fantastic! :)

Also, is it possible to turn the module on and off using "CHN_UNDEAD_INITIALIZED"?

- Can one disable the migration/envoy elements of the module using a similar command?

- Can I set a town to NOT get envoy's/migrated to, but have others receive such normal activity?

Problem solved.

Not. I had to completely turn off CBA to get it working once again.

Don´t ask me why it´s showing such an inconsistent erratic behaviour, but the source is obviously a non-compatibility issue with event handlers (or the lack of using extended EH´s), or something that´s going on deep in CBA. I´ve never understood anything in it apart from XEH.

A real shame because now i cannot use JTD fires to beef up an otherwise rather simple mission concept with the possibility of burning everything down traurig.gif

We really need mod and addon makers to embrace CBA. It would help everyone and mean that, as a community, we don't have to trade one addon/mod over any other !

Charon, would it be possible to allow the mission designer to spawn zombies that move through a selection of waypoints, not just one? Like a "MOVER" group but more like a "Travelling", or "Route" group.
Also, is it possible to turn the module on and off using "CHN_UNDEAD_INITIALIZED"?

No, this variable is just indicating IF the module is completely initialized after startup.

- Can one disable the migration/envoy elements of the module using a similar command?

Just set the group to : this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","NON-MIGRATING",true];

- Can I set a town to NOT get envoy's/migrated to, but have others receive such normal activity?

Yes, simulate a migration by keeping the towns name somehow in the array and create an empty resistance side zombiegroup (or maybe put one zed inside) :

_cn= (count CHN_MOVERGRPS) -1;

CHN_MOVERGRPS set [_cn, [_zombiegrp,"NAMEOFTHETOWN"]];

Make sure the town is always in the array, the it wont be considered by other zed groups for migration/envoy.

Charon, is there a way to reduce the infected health with the spawn modules or no?

Please answer my question...

Charon, is there a way to reduce the infected health with the spawn modules or no?

Please answer my question...

The health is entirely config-related.

You can script a reduced health by setting all members of the returned group pointer to a certain damage value right after spawn. That´s the reason why the module returns the group to offer the freedom for scripters to alter attributes of that group or its members

Not. I had to completely turn off CBA to get it working once again.

Don´t ask me why it´s showing such an inconsistent erratic behaviour, but the source is obviously a non-compatibility issue with event handlers (or the lack of using extended EH´s), or something that´s going on deep in CBA. I´ve never understood anything in it apart from XEH.

A real shame because now i cannot use JTD fires to beef up an otherwise rather simple mission concept with the possibility of burning everything down traurig.gif

Weird, i have cba and have no problems with Charon's mod. Are u sure it's not a different mod causing problems?

@Charon : love your mod. I'm having great fun with watching a load of zombies terrorizing the city while soldiers desperetly trying to hold them off. Me sitting high and dry on a building just watching the carnage.:yay:

Weird, i have cba and have no problems with Charon's mod. Are u sure it's not a different mod causing problems?

@Charon : love your mod. I'm having great fun with watching a load of zombies terrorizing the city while soldiers desperetly trying to hold them off. Me sitting high and dry on a building just watching the carnage.:yay:

Ha, zombie dogs = AI ownage.

And I just have to say, your sig sir. Is so epic. So true.

Great mod. I'm working on a small campaign which is nearly finished. But i have one question:

Can i change the position of the infection countdown anyhow? Or disable it completely? And is it possible to change the infection time?

Oops that's 3 :)

heyy i am having alot of troubles with the scripting for the undead mod..i wanted to change how many zeds spawn, how many zeds spawn in lower spawn time and how many zeds in total here what i did...i placed a the undead spawn module and typed in the init.

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL" ,30, true];

for the spawn times and

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER" ,45, true];

for the number of zombies that spawn in one sitting

and for the migrating script

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE", "MIGRATING", true];

i have tried numerous time reading the read me's and the how to mod readme and nothing..i always get this thing that comes up and it says ; am not shure what am doing wrong...can someone please help me.thank you....i will greatly apprechait it :)

Ha, zombie dogs = AI ownage.

And I just have to say, your sig sir. Is so epic. So true.

Thanx. I took it from a cop movie. Don't know wich one, i forgot.Phrase just stuck. Just replaced job with game and presto. The perfect description of Arma.

I'm currently making a night mission with a defensive outpost trying to hold of hordes of zeds. Really cool with the fog game logic from Thirsk island. Sets the mood exactly right.:eek: ;)

Can i change the position of the infection countdown anyhow? Or disable it completely? And is it possible to change the infection time?

Oops that's 3 :)

I'm not sure how to change the position of the infection counter, or how to disable it. The way you change the infection time is

1-go to modules and play a function module. (any where doesn't matter where you put it)

2- in the init field of it type this

chn_infcounter= 10
replace the 10 with any number you want the infection time to be. The time is in seconds.

You don't have to sync it with anything.

Hope this helps

I have a question: Is there any way you can play as a zombie yourself and actually attack people?

I have a question: Is there any way you can play as a zombie yourself and actually attack people?

You can just spawn a zombie and ther modules as you would and make it player controlled.