heyy i posted something up awhile ago and noone seems to know my problem...i will ask again...........can someone please tell me how to do zombie module scripts i am having troubles heres are the scripts i wanna doo

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL" ,30, true];

for the spawn times and

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER" ,45, true];

for the number of zombies that spawn in one sitting

and for the migrating script

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE", "MIGRATING", true];

can someone please show me what am doing wrong..i have read in the how to make missions read me..am folllowing as read and for some reason i get this message ; or some other thing.......can someone please who me what am doing wrong....thank you am looking forward to a reply :) :P

heyy i posted something up awhile ago and noone seems to know my problem...i will ask again...........can someone please tell me how to do zombie module scripts i am having troubles heres are the scripts i wanna doo

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_INTERVAL" ,30, true];

for the spawn times and

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_NUMBER" ,45, true];

for the number of zombies that spawn in one sitting

and for the migrating script

setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE", "MIGRATING", true];

can someone please show me what am doing wrong..i have read in the how to make missions read me..am folllowing as read and for some reason i get this message ; or some other thing.......can someone please who me what am doing wrong....thank you am looking forward to a reply :) :P

In the init of the spawning module add "this" to the beginning of those commands.

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE", "MIGRATING", true]; and etc.

CHARON: My friends and I have been continuing our zombie campaign... and we found one peculiar bug.

When you re-load a saved mission the "Inject Antidote" only seems to work for the host. Not sure why though.

Another bug is that the spawning modules still stop spawning after a long duration of time. Maybe the group limit of 144 is being reached another way? Possibly the zombies spawning out of the "CODE RED" towns are causing the limit to be reached?

Is it possible that saving and re-loading the mission breaks a few of the scripts?

Also, not sure but this might be a nice feature,

What do you think about the "Revert Virus" curing the infection as well?

(Or is this a feature already???)

Edited by Minizzzile

CHARON: My friends and I have been continuing our zombie campaign... and we found one peculiar bug.

When you re-load a saved mission the "Inject Antidote" only seems to work for the host. Not sure why though.

Another bug is that the spawning modules still stop spawning after a long duration of time. Maybe the group limit of 144 is being reached another way? Possibly the zombies spawning out of the "CODE RED" towns are causing the limit to be reached?

Is it possible that saving and re-loading the mission breaks a few of the scripts?

Also, not sure but this might be a nice feature,

What do you think about the "Revert Virus" curing the infection as well?

(Or is this a feature already???)

Hmm, the revert virus projectile does cure the infection.

Or do you mean cure someone who is not yet turned into a zed?

Saving missions always caused issues for me with whatever script continuity

i was dealing with independently from the undead mod.

So i don´t know the cause for that.

Yo anybody in the US wanna get a game going in multiplayer?

Havent played this mod on multiplayer yet.

Hmm, the revert virus projectile does cure the infection.

Or do you mean cure someone who is not yet turned into a zed?

Saving missions always caused issues for me with whatever script continuity

i was dealing with independently from the undead mod.

So i don´t know the cause for that.

Haha sorry, I meant if the "Revert Virus" could cure someone who has not turned into a zed yet. Not sure if you would want that or not. Would be a nice feature in my opinion though. :rolleyes:

As for the saving...

GRRR, ha! I wish ArmA 2 did its saving a little bit more effective!!! It is so sad to play a mission for 10+ hours with 3-4 saves and continues to find out the zombies are no longer spawning >_<.

At least we got tons of zombie killing out of it I suppose...

562 to be exact :yay:

Yo anybody in the US wanna get a game going in multiplayer?

Havent played this mod on multiplayer yet.

Yeah! I just need to re-download ACE 2 and we can play. (I have a modded version of ACE and dosen't like it when I play with other players...I think it's just jealous.)

ooooya im in for some MP i can get you guys on and out in my littlebrid.

sorry for the offtopic, but where can i get MP missions for the Undead Mod?

Best regards.

@anc

i make mine.it fun and time im done with mine ill be a zombie.

its a good idea for us zed lovers to start sharing are missions.

i make mine too, but i can't stop spwan for the moment i can't finish it.

Anybody help me please.. I copied those 4 pbo files to Addons folder. Now I go to game , I choose a mission Infected.Chernorussia , or something like that. It loads for 4 seconds and then tells me ''You canno't play/edit this Mission , it is dependent on download able Content that has been deleted ; CHN_Undead , CA_AH64D. Please help me someone , tell me what is the solution. If I did something wrong , tell me the EXACT way how I must do and where to copy or extract and so.

Thanks!

Any information on how that Urban Model pack is coming along? It will surely help mappers with constructing more diverse cities.

I dont want to double post on the forums, but it seems a lot of the undead fans are here...... Check the topic out and please give your opinion. I am working on a 32 coop Undead mission built from this mod. I think most of you will like it. Also, I need beta testers for the mission this weekend.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98467

There are some video's and updates there.

undead 85 is it coming? iiiiii neeeed it mannnn. im like a junky w this mod.

Hey,

Im inviting a few people to come test a few things on this mission.

Sunday at 8pm EST.

TeamSpeak 199.187.121.210:9996

Server: The Cold Hearted Killers |ACE2| Warfer and Undead Nightmare :

206.217.129.82:2302

Feel free to spread the word and hope to see you there.

Missions and OBJ will not be implemented in the Beta.

Arma2 Undead Mod (Charon Productions) Mission "Nightmare".

---32 player coop-op mission. HQ has lost contact with FOB Brooklyn located near the Bolta Airport. Last radio contact was an S.O.S from Razor team. Chernogorsk is the last know position of Razor team.

1. Osprey insertion Force Recon team lands west of Bolta Airport to make contact with FOB Brooklyn.

2. Head to Chernogorsk to find Razor team.

3. Get extracted, then go home...........

But something goes Horribly wrong............

***NEED ACE 2 for the mission***

A. Complete a Long list of missions while your stuck on Chernarus.

B. Limited Ammo so you have to find weapons/Ammo and stock up. Ruck Packs, Ammo Creates, etc.

C. One player can Control AI squad, or players can join to make one squad.

D. Russians are in the Area.... And they have their orders.....

E. Medics have to find the Antidote to cure infected squad members.

F. You become infected If you get bitten or scratched by a Zombie. You have 7 Min's to receive a shot from a Medic or else......... You die and come back as undead. (Undead Mod)

G. You re spawn where you die. 6 min cool down.

H. NV = off. Flash Lights and flares only. Sniper, and CDF command squad has NV.

***32 player Force Recon VRS countless ammount of The Undead, Civillians protecting their towns, Russians, and Time.

***You need The Undead Mod by Charon Productions to play the mission.*** http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94013

A lot more coming......... I will keep you updated.

Watch the videos below and tellme what you think. I will need Beta testers for the first release which is coming in 2 weeks(Friday May 15th). Post here or go to www.clan-chk.com <--- The Cold Hearted Killers

Video 1 =

Video 2 =

Okay, I'm creating a mission using this mod but I came across a strange problem. I used the "side" command on a civ and this seemed to have stopped the zeds from doing anything.

Can someone explain why this is happening? :?

EDIT - The same command also seems to stop ACE working properly... strange.

Edited by TheHandsy

K, so Im working on a zombie mission called Nightmare. Its going very well..... Only problem is the respawns. I want players to be able to respawn where they died after 120 secs. Problem is... Some times you spawn where you died, or some times you spawn in the middle of the ocean. It mostly happens when you die from infection. Here is what my description.ext looks like for respawns. Am I missiong something or do I need another file to add??

------------------------------------------------------------------------

class Header

{

gameType = COOP; //DM, Team, Coop, ...

minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports

maxPlayers = 32; //Max # of players the mission supports

playerCountMultipleOf = 1; //OFP:Elite option.

};

OnLoadMission = "Nightmare";

OnLoadIntro = ""// Title that appears on screen in briefing

OnLoadIntroTime = True;

OnLoadMissionTime = True;

MinScore = 0;

AvgScore = 1800;

MaxScore = 7500;

respawn = 2;

//0 or "NONE" No respawn

//1 or "BIRD" Respawn as a seagull

//2 or "INSTANT" Respawn just where you died.

//3 or "BASE" Respawn in base. Requires a marker named:

//respawn_west

//respawn_east

//respawn_guerrila

//respawn_civilian

//Add markers named with the prefix 'respawn_west' with any suffix (eg: respawn_westABC, respawn_west1, respawn_west_2, etc) for multiple random respawn points. Similarly for east, guerrila and civilian.

//Vehicle respawn in base requires a marker named:

//respawn_vehicle_west

//respawn_vehicle_east

//respawn_vehicle_guerrila

//respawn_vehicle_civilian

//4 or "GROUP" Respawn in your group (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull).

//5 or "SIDE" Respawn into an AI unit on your side (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull) - implemented in ArmA 1.08: with this respawn type, team switch is also available to any AI controlled playable units.

respawnDelay = 45;

respawnVehicleDelay = 0;

respawnDialog = 0; // Show the scoreboard and respawn countdown timer for a player if he is killed with respawnType 3. Default is 1 (true).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some video of the mission

Hey folks, have searched this thread to no avail, and its a tad to long to 'browse'.

Loving this mod, but the Zombies have a disagreeable habit of melee attacking though walls and floors. I assume this is because of what Charon has had to do to actually implement melee attack in the first place. Can someone confirm that this is the case, and no resolution is possible?

Just trying to design a scenario, and it looks like the 'realistic' scenario of holing up in house/second story and using doorways as funnels isn't viable..

BTW, this isn't a complaint, just want confirmation so I can design accordingly.

TX!

Hey folks, have searched this thread to no avail, and its a tad to long to 'browse'.

Loving this mod, but the Zombies have a disagreeable habit of melee attacking though walls and floors. I assume this is because of what Charon has had to do to actually implement melee attack in the first place. Can someone confirm that this is the case, and no resolution is possible?

Just trying to design a scenario, and it looks like the 'realistic' scenario of holing up in house/second story and using doorways as funnels isn't viable..

BTW, this isn't a complaint, just want confirmation so I can design accordingly.

TX!

It has been indeed pointed out already earlier in this or the discussion thread, that due to the Arma2 collision architecture and the resulting

problems it is not recommendable to put zeds in a house or tunnels.

They will strike through walls and will not be able to navigate in there.

After all Arma2 is made for huge outdoor areas and the developers have not considered indoor scenarios in their collision handling.

It has been indeed pointed out already earlier in this or the discussion thread, that due to the Arma2 collision architecture and the resulting

problems it is not recommendable to put zeds in a house or tunnels.

They will strike through walls and will not be able to navigate in there.

After all Arma2 is made for huge outdoor areas and the developers have not considered indoor scenarios in their collision handling.

Cheers Charon, appreciate the info!

Would be nice if more models could be added for the infected/Zombies. Just the basic ones like Russian MVD and Spetznaz since the USMC have Undead Force Recon models. I believe for the most part doing an MVD model would be easy as they all have the same model so you would only have to make one undead model for the MVD. I assume this would be easy for you anyway as I have no experience what so ever when it comes to this, so I could be completely wrong :S. Anyway, thanks for this mod.

And I just found out the hard way that infected can run on water and under it lol

Edited by Liam!!!!

I tried this last night and I must say I am pretty impressed.

I had a blast. I was just trying a basic scenario using Jade Groove map (at night time, foggy, rainy) and the units that come with it... those guys with the shotguns and pistols. MFP something or other. The Mad Max guys. I didn't want heavy firepower so I settled for a pistol and a shotgun. For balance.

So, I had a team on static machine guns and searchlights on a hill while me and the rest of the team went in the nearby village as zombie bait.

As soon as the zombies detected us and chased us we retreated back to the hill and let the M2s wreak havoc upon them. Great eh? The perfect plan! We repeated that a couple of times.

What I didn't expect was that a sneaky zombie dude crept behind my team and killed my machine gunners while I was doing my "I AM HERE COME AND GET ME" routine.

Suddenly the searchlights turned off and I was left in the darkness with a couple of slugs and, a shitty pistol and one antidote syringe. I started screaming! I am a 33 year old man and I started screaming like a little girl.

the only solution would be to gather as much ammo and antidotes I could, from my fallen comrades and run to the hills. Which is exactly what I did... I managed to get only a couple of shotgun shells before the zombies overrun our hill outpost. I was already infected with their disease anyway.

So I ran. I run into the darkness freelooking behind my back every so often, until I saw light in the distance. An abandoned fort. I seriously felt there was hope even though I knew there was nothing there. Just the fact that there were a couple of lights there made me feel secure.

I run up the ladders and took the antidote.

Then I heard them coming. I did NOT expect that. I did not expect them to follow me so easily in the dark for such a great distance. Five or six bloodthirsty zombies came running in the fort screaming and panting. I just stood there with my shotgun.. frozen.

It was horrible!

And by horrible I mean AWESOME!

Now... May I ask you dear Charon. Is there a way I can disable the module message that appears on screen when the game starts? My Arma friends don't know I downloaded this and I am preparing a surprise for them. I don't want them to know there will be zombies in the game until they see an army of them.

I want them to think we are doing our usual "clear the town" thing.

That made me lol :) I don't know if you can disable the little message, if I were you I would say you made the mission and thats the name of the team of mission makers you recently joined and that you have to put that their for every mission you make...somthing cheesey like that lol. Anyways good luck, hope they fall for it....

Edited by Liam!!!!

Nah that wouldn't work. I respect the creator's wish to tag his work in any way he wants... it just messes up my surprise! :(

I was thinking something along the lines of "Communication with outpost x is lost. You guys need to go there, check out what happened and report back as soon as you establish com etc" and then we will drive into the night seeing wrecked cars along the street and dead bodies everywhere thinking that enemy troops attacked the installation when suddenly... "hey guys I think I found some survivors here.. Hello are you alright down there? Do you need help? oh.. oh my.. OH MY GOD RUN! RUN!"

man their are going to piss their pants.

Hahaha, that would be sooo epic. Wish I could be there.

I recently made a mission where you are a quickly put-together squad of two crewman, an FR operator, and a downed pilot. The plot is we tried to secure and quarantine the island but it didn't work. So you and the team need to escape on a boat on the other side of the island. The hard part is getting there. There are also some secondary objectives in the mission as well. :)

Sick mod! Great work.