Sign in to follow this  

Aeneas this is a really awesome update!

Really respect your work.

Looks really nice Aeneas2020!

But could you also make a marines unit with their barets? Like this:

ordfnminimidutchmarines.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

in the future we may do

for now it appears i have to redo the pockets as they have again changed since the refs i was given...hopefully now I have 100% accurate refs...*sigh* have to change all my body textures and normals again :(:(:(

in the future we may do

for now it appears i have to redo the pockets as they have again changed since the refs i was given...hopefully now I have 100% accurate refs...*sigh* have to change all my body textures and normals again :(:(:(

i've got some beret models that are uv mapped etc. i could send you the textures, just a matter of changing them.

i've got some beret models that are uv mapped etc. i could send you the textures, just a matter of changing them.

good news! like to hear that!:cool:

I have expanded my models to around about 50 combinations...so it is taking some time. I intend to release once these are done as a final stand alone (i.e. done by myself) addon before moving on to working with rhodesy etc on a full dutch mod. At the moment i am currently finishing off the models and textures and re organising my whole config. Once this is done i will have my quality control team look over it and release....hopefully not long. In the mean time i am posting updates on www.tangodown.nl relatively often.

@Aeneas2020

just read Tangodown forums and happy to see the progress. models are coming nice togather, only need some nomex gloves and you'll be done :)

about references:

sorry to say but VXR is Royal NetherLands Airforce (profile-> bio:"KLu"), they do things a little different, like the whole jacket issue. The jacket with the one pocket that closes with velcro is mainly used on base as it is not very handy in the field because teh ops-vest will cover the only 2 big pockets it has. (wearing it under body armour will force teh zippers in your chest)

Reference photos on Royal NetherLands Army and Royal NetherLands Marine Corps websites are teh best way to verify information but are mostly a few months slow on releasing new photos.

the arktis smock is handed out to everyone in ISAF, to bad its a cheaper brand but looks the same. the thing we did like where the UBACS in desert camo, perfect to wear with body armour.

KCT are with TF55, another taskforce operating with OEF. they get (like every SF unit) the latest and greatest on military equipment, for example they are wearing multicam in theatre, probably a test or something.

(

)

the desert/woodland mix is applied by many, mostly combat units as they dont take clothing regulations seriously outside the gate and the mix works well when doing patrols in and out of the greenzones.

the pink colour is already in the desert clothing when you get them, it will wear off soon. I guess it has something to do with the anti-bugs solution they soke it in (inpregnating? is that an english word?)

guess it has something to do with that because teh first time I got the desert it wasnt pink also didnt have the anti-bug threatment. so it works for every desert theatre after 2008.

good thing you dropped the ISAF patch, I liked it but agree this will make the units usefull for any type of mission.

just to be clear to everyone, I'm in service with the Royal NetherLands Army, deployed 2 times to afghanistan with the infantry and love my job as it is my hobby. I'm psyched to see a dedicated RNLA/RNLMC addon for ArmaII and want to help in the only way I can, giving accurate information about the RNLA and AFAIK info about the RNLMC. I trust all the info provided is non classified.

hope it helps!

thanks for the post...to answer your question i have just finished redoing all the models and am in the process of final tweaks and configs before my final personal release before turning this into a group project. As i have just finished making all the jackets 1 pocket variants im not going to redo them for this release :P thanks for the info though it will be put to good use by myself and rhodesy.

I'm currently working on a mission that portrays the Luchtmobiele Brigade in the new Helmand Valley map. :) We'll probably test it before I release it here.

Hmmm, how to explain the Dutch being in Helmand... I can also pretend it's Uruzgan. :p

yeh, or maybe they got lost :P...buzz once i get the next patch ready ill send u an advanced copy so u can make sure the units work.

I'm currently working on a mission that portrays the Luchtmobiele Brigade in the new Helmand Valley map. :) We'll probably test it before I release it here.

Hmmm, how to explain the Dutch being in Helmand... I can also pretend it's Uruzgan. :p

exchange project maybe with a other country? :)

A few shots of the desert infantry, some marines with MICH helmets and the temperate inf...a bunch more shots coming tomorrow. Thanks to Enad for the pics.

arma22010051520522562.th.png

arma22010051521051728.th.png

arma22010051521135835.th.png

p.s. i should metioned the mich helmets are wip and still need pimping out. but thanks to bink for fixing them!

Edited by Aeneas2020

A few shots of the desert infantry, some marines with MICH helmets and the temperate inf...a bunch more shots coming tomorrow. Thanks to Enad for the pics.

arma22010051520522562.th.png

arma22010051521051728.th.png

arma22010051521135835.th.png

p.s. i should metioned the mich helmets are wip and still need pimping out.

They look amazing.

exchange project maybe with a other country? :)

Good one. Or how about this: the British MoD requests the Dutch government to deploy a military presence in Helmand after a British Army unit suffered heavy losses from a suicide attack. Or would that be unrealistic?

And as I wrote on the TDNL forums, awesome sreenshots. :cool:

Really impressive aeneas.

Can't wait =)

Wonderfull job Aeneas!!!!!

keep up the great work...is really impressive till now ;)

cheers

massi

Looking really good anus2020.

Keep up the good work. And make sure you pimp out those Mich helmets real good!:cool: