Sign in to follow this  

References

Dutch:

Fennek

http://www.defpro.com/data/gfx/news/4abea4779c9328ad63180770b6abe819d57ab122_big.jpg

(Notice the camo sheme, the dutch GTK Boxer does have the same)

M110 (In service until 2005 or something like that)

http://www.worldwide-military.com/Army%20Material/Artillerie%20plaatjes/Groot/M-110.jpg

(See the different camo applied)

Jeep

Since I do not know which jeep you got, here examples

of the dutch jeeps from 1980-Today with the camo

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4002/4178337457_ffd45f1773.jpg

http://police-car-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/474.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/any/770350.jpg

Edited by SWT_Janowich

Sorry about that Aeneas. I forgot to send you this link.

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/apc_home.htm#fennek

Should help ya some.

Thanks Dark...once i have everything together a little more i am going to post a big thank you with the names of all the contributors...the model you donated is stunning btw cnt wait to see it in game.

its currently in .obj format and is around 55,000 polys. will that be a prob for you? and thanks for the offer i would love to team up with you on this.

updates coming soon

Edited by Aeneas2020

Lol :)

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

Question,

I would like to play with the dutch unit's on @Isla_Duala Or @Duala..

Instead of the standard Units in ArmA 2, Wat do i have to do so i can see our guy's

Kick butt with the molasskie's, or the chernarus one's

to keep it short, instead of having the Custom original units to play with, i want my unit's all dutch, for wat ever map i play... but let's start with one where the guys

Look good in them Desert camoff outfit...Duala, dunno about other desert map's

but i am looking for those maps where i can play like the benny map's style thing's

with only dutch unit's

thank's

Edited by Mac_Spliff=ISK=

...you need to use the replacement pack in with the mod, but for duala you can just use the editor to place dutch units :) its as simple as that.

ehmmm, thats kinda lotsa info for me right now, i never edited nothing from games

and dunno not realy how things are working, so if u could help me on the case how to

Get those unit on the @duala thing with the editor..? wat do i need, and how do i fix it..?

never did this maybe after a litle tutorial my eyes wil open .? some more..?

Thanks for ur time....

Maybe i am missing something, not sure please redirect me toward the solution if not in the rite section, now that we have the Dutch Unit's running around, i saw them :)

They look great, not saw the Desert camoffflage, dunno why it did not load them in?

but ok, i keep it short. is this project going on toward full Dutch Armed force's??

I mean, is there already something up with only dutch gear in it...? or is there someone

With a link or hint toward wat group i must go..?

I stil have some nice pictures from my Army time with some dutch gear used in the

80's, yeah even from the Leopard II, i was site watch at the shooting range when they were busy with the Prototypes :), also the AA Field Defence Gear at that time was freakin cool... once i get my scanner running again i wil scan them and if needed i can send them toward the guys that know's thing's on where to get the 3d models done :)

Cheers !!! :D

perhaps we could talk about this over private message to stop this thread being derailed...have you downloaded the addon yet? pm me about it.

NEED REFERENCES AND INFO PLEASE HELP

I see the dutch marines aren't afraid of mixing their US style woodland camo with the regular dutch army stuff, i also see a mix of body armour types...like the ones i have already done and the newer ones? Is this common. Also i notice a lot of them are wearing mich style helmets do they not wear the other pasgt kinda at all and if they do (i have 1 pic of a dutch marine wearing one) do they wear the regular dutch army camo covers on them...because the guy in my pic has a regular dutch cover on his helmet but is clearly in a marine uniform...you dutch guys and ur craziness honestly!

just some pictures from news flashes.. also they make mistakes sometimes...

they are just like me human beings :)

thnx for the help BUZZ

maybe u have some reference links for AENEAS ??

im no professor in who whears wat and when, so....

well my issues are that even the pics i know are marines in afghanistan are still wearing DPM ballistic vests in a lot of cases but then US woodland style camo in others. All i really need to know is do you want a combination of camos and also do all marines wear the plain mich style helmets or are they wearing those and also the dutch pasgt style ones with ur crazy webbing?

Dutch army - DPM

Dutch marine - Woodland

Yeh i know thats the general rule but if u look at the marines in A-Stan for example a lot of them seem to be mixing and matching shit...

also do the marines use ne desert camo at all?

If there is too much variations, i'd just take the 'general picture' and work with that, otherwise it might drive you crazy :p

Just make a standard, so to say, or maybe a little variaton here and there.

But i'm no expert on so i cant give you any detailed advice i'm afraid.

Well in general the Marines use US Woodland. But most of the issued gear is in NL DPM, like the ballictic vests and most of the chestrigs. Also most of the time the helmet covers are in dpm aswell. Though I have seen WDL helmet covers in the same cut aswell.

Here's one in woodland camouflage:

DSC00357.JPG

search for Schuberth M95, that's the helmet that's currently in use with the Dutch armed forces. It is much different from the PAGST/LWH

yeh i know its different and thanks lennard great ref! just what im looking for

the only reason i mentioned it as a pagst type helmet is people have been sending me lots of pics of guys with mich type helmets on so i wanted to make a distinction in easy to understand terms. Now that i know this hopefully i can get some guys done asap.

IMO the standard issue Dutch helmet would be okay for the woodland versions. Same thing goes for the desert version, but with a few MICH helmet thrown in? I don't know a lot about helmets, can anyone link to a source or pic that clearly shows a Dutch Marine using a MICH helmet?

You can also consider making a jungle version, kinda like in these pics, but maybe that's a bit too much.

th_rutgert2.jpg

th_rutgert1.jpg

th_Royal_Netherlands_Marine_Corps_h-1.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn