Sign in to follow this  

Was looking at adding them boys to the Six Updater Network, however missing a .bikey to go along with it :) Help? :)

Hey man drop me an email or pm with what u need i'll make sure i get it for u. May do one final update before i call these guys done.

Hey man drop me an email or pm with what u need i'll make sure i get it for u. May do one final update before i call these guys done.

First of all, thank you for the great units. Already looking forward to the update, since the current units are already top notch! I just got two question for you...

One, what was the reason to give the KCT troops desert pants instead of DPM? Maybe you could include give the units all DPM and all desert outfit in the update? Not very important though.

Secondly, I just saw in the editor that when adding ACE backpacks to your Marine MICH units, with some units the backpacks don't show up. Don't remember exactly which units, but I think it was with the Marine MICH medic and Marine MICH rifleman (used different types of backpack, all not showing up). It could be more units having this problem. Anyway, maybe something you could take a look at when integrating your awesome units in the ACE mod, which would be great!

First of all, thank you for the great units. Already looking forward to the update, since the current units are already top notch! I just got two question for you...

One, what was the reason to give the KCT troops desert pants instead of DPM? Maybe you could include give the units all DPM and all desert outfit in the update? Not very important though.

Secondly, I just saw in the editor that when adding ACE backpacks to your Marine MICH units, with some units the backpacks don't show up. Don't remember exactly which units, but I think it was with the Marine MICH medic and Marine MICH rifleman (used different types of backpack, all not showing up). It could be more units having this problem. Anyway, maybe something you could take a look at when integrating your awesome units in the ACE mod, which would be great!

Thanks for the reply...the KCT guys are just kinda temporary guys. Rhodesy is making some awesome KCT troops that i am sure will come in awesome varieties when they are finished. On the ACE backpack thing, other than ensuring these worked with ACE i made no effort to make fully ace compatible. I'll look into the backpacks when i get around to doing so.

Nice work! Couple of questions and suggestions, if you don't mind.

I get some odd shadows on the units wearing Rabintex helmets, is this a known bug or a problem on my end?

kctshadow.th.jpg

Now for some nit-picking. If any of this has been mentioned or you were already in the know, then do tell me to shut up:

- The RNLMC is part of the Royal Netherlands Navy, not the army

- The Dutch don't use the DMR or the M203 (AG-NL instead)

- The Minimi should be lacking the handguard above the barrel, the Elcan on it is too small

- Two strobes is silly

I don't know what you have in mind regarding the future of this addon, if you're pretty much done with it or if you plan on expanding. If the latter is the case, I have some ideas I'd like to propose. Either way, thanks and good job!

Edited by Tonitrum

Nice work! Couple of questions and suggestions, if you don't mind.

I get some odd shadows on the units wearing Rabintex helmets, is this a known bug or a problem on my end?

kctshadow.th.jpg

Now for some nit-picking. If any of this has been mentioned or you were already in the know, then do tell me to shut up:

- The RNLMC is part of the Royal Netherlands Navy, not the army

- The Dutch don't use the DMR or the M203 (AG-NL instead)

- The Minimi should be lacking the handguard above the barrel, the Elcan on it is too small

- Two strobes is silly

I don't know what you have in mind regarding the future of this addon, if you're pretty much done with it or if you plan on expanding. If the latter is the case, I have some ideas I'd like to propose. Either way, thanks and good job!

To answer your questions...ive had a couple of small shadow issues on the mich guys but nothing to that extent...thats very odd. I think it may be an issue with shadow lods ill check it out.

to answer your other questions:

1) im fully aware of that but in order to keep the configs for this addon easier it was simpler to do them that way.

2) Again i am fully aware of this but there is no model for it currently in arma2

3) Again we have no custom weapon models these are donated models so this is not something we can fix, i suggest you take it up with Robert Hammer.

4) The strobes is something i have fixed tonite, it was an oversight/joke between me and friend.

i think after about 5 months working on these guys etc i'm pretty well versed in everything dutch military wise. if you read the readme you'll see where it says these guys still aren't 100%.

PLEASE NOTE I ALREADY HAVE A WORKING 5.2 RELEASE WHICH WILL BE THE FINAL V5 RELEASE FOR THESE GUYS READY TO GO. HOWEVER IN ORDER TO SAVE CONFUSION ETC I WILL NOT BE RELEASING JUST YET. IN THE MEAN TIME I WILL BE GETTING THE REPLACEMENT PACK FROM EKI AND ALSO MAKING SURE THESE GUYS CAN BE ADDED TO THE SIX UPDATER. MOST IF NOT ALL THE BUGS ADDRESSED HERE HAVE BEEN FIXED FOR 5.2!!

Edited by Aeneas2020

Awesome-o. I'll be keeping an eye out for v5.2; if I miss it don't hesitate to add a support ticket at six-updater tracker, i'll get right on it then :P

(As to what it needs; just the .bikey for server-admins, I was unable to find it. All .bisign files are included, but no key :))

Btw, while playing with the marines on a test mission last night i had to pull out the glock (swam across a river under cover, and lost my Diemaco because of that) to clear out a small encampment with two houses.

While walking i kept my ironsights up for fast reaction, the camera kind of bobs up and down when you walk like that. Sometimes it looked like the character model 'dips' into the camera, giving you a very brief glimpse inside the model i think.

You could also try walking without ironsights, to see if that does it too.

Am i the only one getting this? Does this happen with other units as well?

Awesome-o. I'll be keeping an eye out for v5.2; if I miss it don't hesitate to add a support ticket at six-updater tracker, i'll get right on it then :P

(As to what it needs; just the .bikey for server-admins, I was unable to find it. All .bisign files are included, but no key :))

there should be a server key included in the 5.1 release...if i missed that i must be having a major brain malfunction lol. Sorry had a lot on this week. Either way i will make sure everything is fixed and in the patch before pushing 5.2 out.

um hai. anus2020 thanx for the hard work but thes dutch units are wrong. fix them pls.

Edited by Enad

um hai. anus2020 thanx for the hard work but des dutch units are wrong. fix them pls.

Shut up enad! ur my main tester...*geeze where do i find these people*

hehe, enad's posts always put a smile on my face

Anyway, looking forward to the newest version.

I can also confirm that shadow issue.

hehe, enad's posts always put a smile on my face

1274997132937.jpg

Also I'v found a glitch. In the 3rd person view, if your role are walking, the right hand's elbow would overlap with one ammobox at the waist, please fix it.

That's just clipping. It happens with alot of ArmA 2 models. It's not just this addon. It really can't be fixed.

That's just clipping. It happens with alot of ArmA 2 models. It's not just this addon. It really can't be fixed.

----I donn't think so. If only there is not big ammobox at the right flank of the waist, there will be no such problem.

It's still clipping. Unless he removes the ammo pouches...then there will be clipping.

Enad is indeed right, due to the animation of the soldier there isnt much us addon makers can do, its either put up with it, or move the ammo pouches, which imho is just a bad solution. look at just about every unit out for a2 atm. also happens with them.

----I donn't think so. If only there is not big ammobox at the right flank of the waist, there will be no such problem.

The ammo pouches on the model are from the chest rig which is what the dutch are using. The reason the arm clips is the ammo pouches are much larger than the ones in stock arma2 and are placed differently. So...either i remove them or you have clipping. We can't edit the anims so we have no choice to but accept the clipping . Sorry.

VERSION 5.2 RELEASED

Gentlemen this is version 5.2 of the dutch guys, please update mirrors and your units accordingly. Sorry for the small bugs in 5.0 and 5.1 after 3 months of development i missed a couple of things. Anyway this will be the final 5 series release of these units. Enjoy

DOWNLOAD: http://www.filefront.com/16571431/A2020DutchForcesv5.2.7z

I have updated my v5.0 release post also!

changelog posted below:

VERSION 5.2

===========

1) Fixed Shadow Bugs (I THINK!)

2) Added Bush Hat shadow lods

3) Removed 2nd IR strobe on mich helmet, and some other misc fixes with these.

4) Added a replacement pack (thanks Eki!)

VERSION 5.1

===========

1) Fixed weapons with black optics

2) added server key

Thank you Aeneas! :) You've done some great work.

Awesome units!:) I just came from the Landmachtdagen, and i've taken some fine snaps ranging from materiel and uniforms.

There were many guys in 3-color desert, and also some men from the US airborne! I also spotted some guys in the tropical camo uniform.:cool:

Any other players having problems with:

Wrong signature for file addons\ddam_cx.pbo

i Downloaded it again, and still trouble. (three other players aswell)