Sign in to follow this  

Yeah as Aeneas said, you need CAA1 mod to run ArmA 1 maps. :)

Played it a few months back with CAA1, but it seemed that path-finding was screwed up for the AI. Love that map though!

Zoog seems that the parhfinding was ok to me....ill look tpnite though u mite be right

Meh... I don't feel like downloading an entire hueg mod just to play one map. I wish Opteryx would just port the map to ArmA 2... :(

Anyway, back on topic. :D

i felt the same way but its opened up a whole new side of arma2 i never thought i'd get to see. I'm glad to hear the units are on the tango down server...could someone please pm me the server details and what other mods u run so i can set up an appropriate mod folder with all ur addons and join you some time?

You can get the needed addons pretty easily through Yoma.

Have a look at this: http://www.tangodown.nl/forum/thread-989.html

It's Dutch obviously but it should be pretty understandable if you are used to Yoma.

And if not, you can always haul it through Google translate :)

Yeah, that's one way of doing it, although he will automatically download all the other addons as well (addons he might already have or doesn't need / want). Not sure if he wants that. ;)

SiC's mission "Operation Irene" uses the Dutch units and the Duala addons, that's a start. That's a good mission. His others are good too, but Irene is my favourite. :)

EDIT:

Aeneas, if I'm correct there will be another ArmA 2 session tomorrow (Friday, approximate time 20:00 GMT+1), feel free to pop by. You can find our server by filtering the word "tango". The server is called "Tangodown.NL Tactical Gaming".

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Did you just try to join, Aeneas? Not all addons are permitted on our server. If you join with @TDNL, @TDNL_Islands and @TDNL_Duala you'll be fine. I think it's better if you join us on TS :)

I had a bad day at work lol just got in now at 6pm US EST...so i didnt get a chance to. Will try next week.

Very nice indeed.

Maybe some opsvests webbing on the next models

RNLMC-Norway10.jpg

Can i get some refs for these...? Front, back and side please. I know i can probs bug sander for them but if someone else has em i would appreciate it.

Also it appears that those are marines in the pic, i am assuming the dutch army uses these also?

p.s. I should also point out this next release might be a while. Aside from the texture things i want to fix (i.e. different camo patterns for every class, so that they are not all using the same exact pattern) there should be some serious changes, such as weaponry, maybe even the odd vehicle..new units and updated body armour. It really depends on what I have time to do and what people are willing to help me with. Either way stay tuned (for the 5 or 6 of u who actually view this thread lol)

Edited by Aeneas2020

Can i get some refs for these...? Front, back and side please. I know i can probs bug sander for them but if someone else has em i would appreciate it.

Also it appears that those are marines in the pic, i am assuming the dutch army uses these also?

p.s. I should also point out this next release might be a while. Aside from the texture things i want to fix (i.e. different camo patterns for every class, so that they are not all using the same exact pattern) there should be some serious changes, such as weaponry, maybe even the odd vehicle..new units and updated body armour. It really depends on what I have time to do and what people are willing to help me with. Either way stay tuned (for the 5 or 6 of u who actually view this thread lol)

Dutch Army also use the Opsvest, also depends if its on stock at KPU.

Currently I am using the normal webbing (RNLAF standart)

can u get me some pics mate...not being dutch myself I find it hard to get access to everything.

maybe some clear shots of marines would help out too. I understand they use the old woodland US camo with US style BDUs...but anything dutch specific about that would be nice.

Delivered, check PM.

I'm pretty sure all of these pics contain the same vest, but I could be wrong. Double-check required. ;D

Again, you can always ask for pics.

Here are five of them.

th_file111851365.jpg

th_gvo_080902_053.jpg

th_img6063w.jpg

th_img6083xqk.jpg

th_img9430n.jpg

I'll send you some KMar pics later.

oow yes aeneas that very odd vehicle....fennek??

that would be cool...

i found some pictures of Dutch marine corps Special forces

scroll down to DWIGHT's posts,... nice pictures.

maybe u can do something with those.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?121069-Special-forces-pics/page9

just scroll down a bit

Should be noted that the military is busy with the Soldier Modernisation Program, so the equipment varies between units. Ontop of that a lot of troops buy their own stuff, rabinex helmets, meidel boots and such are not standard issue.

As said before Military photos is a great site for reference. And its in english so should be good.

Dutch topic 600+ pages of Dutch armed forces

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?76503-Dutch-military-pictures/page614

Did some searching on Dutch language sites

Dutch Defense Press, alot of stuff.

http://www.dutchdefencepress.com/?p=379#/uruzgan-2009-photogallery/

Some pics of opsvest

763304851_5_hbSW.jpeg

leger20oefening2020060125013re8.jpg

Ballistic vests with clipon strips

OpTokatai09.jpg

C090413_LvW_1932.jpg

There are loads more on the sites but most are over 100kb

If your into reskinning existing addons. You should see if you can redo the FFAA mod Cougar, or a Ch-47

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=news&id=3500

Should be noted that the military is busy with the Soldier Modernisation Program, so the equipment varies between units. Ontop of that a lot of troops buy their own stuff, rabinex helmets, meidel boots and such are not standard issue.

Meindls CAN be standard issue. There have been instances when the M90's, Haix and Magnums where all out of stock, so they were supplied with Meindls.

Also troops are getting tactical goggles, since it is mandatory now to use them if you are near choppers. I recieved the Revision Desert Locust.

If you need a Hi-Res of the first picture arkengel posted let me know, I'm the photographer ;)

Greetz!

Nice

Maybe Aeneas would like some info, thats what i tried to give. But it seems like you know a lot more.

I think Aeneas mainly wants to make a standard infantry class

Edited by arkengel

Maybe Aeneas would like some info, thats what i tried to give. But it seems like you know a lot more.

I think Aeneas mainly wants to make a standard infantry class

Roger, well, I am in the RNLAF Reserves (actually the same as RNLAF Security but parttime :p) but the equipment I have is about the same as my Army counterparts. Besides, I've got all of my clothing and equipment at home so I can take pictures of anything you might like Aeneas. ;)