Sign in to follow this  
SMERSH

Russian Airborne troops (VDV) package.

Old Bear

Miller

Thanks for the links and add-ons hosted on your site.

IL-76 is almost ready but there is a problem how to make the transportation of equipment in the cargo compartment.

Footwear shoes are special forces in the mountainous terrain they are comfortable and easier to use, although now more lightweight desert boots, it is rather a tribute to our history than reality today.

Sorry if I break the mood, but some textures and 3d are my own and I have not given permission to use them.

These are the textures named "Kaska" in the pbo decompressed "\ brit1 \ characters4", and that the "\ brit1 \ characters14" named "Kaska ms.

When we compared with that in the pbo "76_VDV" named "casque", release in the «***studio alpha***» for arma first, we find that the same has been slightly retouched.

In addition, the 3d helmets and parts of the R159 Radio, also from my work: the antenna is bent in exactly the same way, etc., etc..

I exchanged emails with Smerch on this subject, dated December 4, 2009 and I realize that this did not help.

On their site, we can see that my work on the helmet in particular, is taken by Sarmat.

Texture helmet (addon maker citizensnip), is shown by the middle of the page :

http://arma.at.ua/forum/11-2861-7

On the other hand, that everything is clear, this is not "Ghillie sniper (standalone) Author: Mr. Burns," but more precisely, the addon maker Lodu made the 3d foliage added to the figure for it looks like a sniper ghillie and this work has been done for the French mod XAM in early arma. Snake 22000 will remember ...

I can prove this with comparative screens, if necessary: the same that I sent to Smerch, and discovered in his new pbo.

Lodu

Just to clarify:

<-- not guilty :(

Back then i seeked permission for the standalone and snake22000 kindly agreed. Anything else that happened to the addon afterwards, like now someone else ripping it apart and re-releasing, i did not know of and never been contacted by smersh about it either.

Thanks to:

- Red Devil for v1.12 changes

- khayes for all the fixes you see in v1.1 !

- snake22000 for permission to release

- Lodu, the 3D creator of this models

- Wipman for gloves & excellent .psd template

- my Hexeditor

Sad to see it going that way now.

Sorry if I break the mood, but some textures and 3d are my own and I have not given permission to use them.

These are the textures named "Kaska" in the pbo decompressed "\ brit1 \ characters4", and that the "\ brit1 \ characters14" named "Kaska ms.

When we compared with that in the pbo "76_VDV" named "casque", release in the «***studio alpha***» for arma first, we find that the same has been slightly retouched.

In addition, the 3d helmets and parts of the R159 Radio, also from my work: the antenna is bent in exactly the same way, etc., etc..

I exchanged emails with Smerch on this subject, dated December 4, 2009 and I realize that this did not help.

On their site, we can see that my work on the helmet in particular, is taken by Sarmat.

Texture helmet (addon maker citizensnip), is shown by the middle of the page :

http://arma.at.ua/forum/11-2861-7

On the other hand, that everything is clear, this is not "Ghillie sniper (standalone) Author: Mr. Burns," but more precisely, the addon maker Lodu made the 3d foliage added to the figure for it looks like a sniper ghillie and this work has been done for the French mod XAM in early arma. Snake 22000 will remember ...

I can prove this with comparative screens, if necessary: the same that I sent to Smerch, and discovered in his new pbo.

Lodu

This is indeed breaking the mood. Hope you can clarify this in a decent way.

All links should be removed until Smersh/Sarmat Studios got the permissions from authors/creators of addons/mods. Sad to see that even newssites dont check their own articles:

Ghillie sniper (standalone) (v 1.12) Credits: XAM Mod

A huge thank you goes out to Snake22000 for giving me permission to release it!

Sorry for the newssites but please next time check if addon/makers do really give proper credits before writing news.

VDV mirror canceled from Armed Assault.info until authorization issue is cleared.

@ LODU : All seems fine from the release post, I have tried to get infos from your site before posting, but the site was down :(

@ NoRailgunner : No problem with cancelling the mirror until all is cleared between LODU and Sarmat, but remember we are news/fans sites, not a Police organization.

Edited by Old Bear

Hello - Lodu

Unfortunately I do not have your add-ons which you speak and I cannot compare, compare yourself.

089f1eded94at.jpg

3f8b9b19e031t.jpg

Talking to those who already have downloaded it... don't you think there's something wrong with VDV groups ? I mean there are only equipped soldiers, not a single plain "airborne". I create a team of let's say PRD: there's a minesweeper (tell me what it means) - a "bomber" with metis or RPG18 - a HEAVY with PK the shooter and the medic. Last but not the least sniper - ok - and a PRO sniper with "ghillie". The commander is all dressed up with no equipment...like making a tour of the barracks... beautiful models nothing to say except compliments and "finally someone remebered that Russia lives! But they are not organized...

Except the single soldiers names, there are many models but repeated. No patrol groups but recon in Gorka in 3 different teams that look the same...

Somebody could please explain how am i supposed to "read" the pack to create some "logic" teams to be used ?

Yes - with groups there was confusion and we are going to correct.

Supplement was issued to find out about the shortcomings and mistakes and correct them.

Talking to those who already have downloaded it... don't you think there's something wrong with VDV groups ? I mean there are only equipped soldiers, not a single plain "airborne". I create a team of let's say PRD: there's a minesweeper (tell me what it means) - a "bomber" with metis or RPG18 - a HEAVY with PK the shooter and the medic. Last but not the least sniper - ok - and a PRO sniper with "ghillie". The commander is all dressed up with no equipment...like making a tour of the barracks... beautiful models nothing to say except compliments and "finally someone remebered that Russia lives! But they are not organized...

Except the single soldiers names, there are many models but repeated. No patrol groups but recon in Gorka in 3 different teams that look the same...

Somebody could please explain how am i supposed to "read" the pack to create some "logic" teams to be used ?

It's indeed a little bit diificult. What does RPD mean btw? Same with the groups. May it be, that there're double groups in the different classes? Really great addon though!!!

OK perfect, because i thought that we had no possibility to have a common heavy airborne without that green helmet instead of the others and so on...

let me say thanks again ;)

Edited by caprera

The groups are a mess I agree. There should be some more units/models to use in some logical groups. Also units names are all messed up I mean how can you name a unit as "Assaultman thrower metis" ... Sorry but this name is just cofusing, I mean what? he will throw metis at incoiming tank? I know that VDV is hardcore but this dosen't seem to happen :P. Why not just make it "Assaultman (Metis)" etc...

IMHO, clear those "copyright" issues and clean up the addon to make it more clear what units there are and maybe add some more models and/or units to make more logical groups cuz rgiht now the addon is a big mess.

Here are the elements of comparison and I will let you assess the situation ...

The 3d was taken from my models is undeniable and texture as when radio and other equipment, I can not but doubt their provenance ...

http://dl.free.fr/tz5vXpdAa

lodu

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

In the mail I exchanged with you in early December 2009, I wondered how you could find yourself in possession of my 3d format MLOD, while PBO was binarized?

I am still awaiting the answer to this question.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I appeal to the moderators for action. Thank you.

Here are the elements of comparison and I will let you assess the situation ...

The 3d was taken from my models is undeniable and texture as when radio and other equipment, I can not but doubt their provenance ...

http://dl.free.fr/tz5vXpdAa

lodu

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

In the mail I exchanged with you in early December 2009, I wondered how you could find yourself in possession of my 3d format MLOD, while PBO was binarized?

I am still awaiting the answer to this question.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I appeal to the moderators for action. Thank you.

Thread locked and download links removed from the first post until the situation has been resolved. Contact any moderator for any updates on the matter, so the thread can be unlocked again, if possible.

Thread open again as requested. Please stick to constructive feedback. :)

Is the next version release due out soon?

Cant wait