Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Any other musicians in the community?

I´ve learned to play the piano when I was a youth but only own a Korg M1 and a DX7 now to use them for midi-recording. You can check out some of my stuff on my myspace page: Notfallplan

@Kernriver:

Bluegrass/country fan here, acoustic geetar player for many years. Bluegrass has a following in Central Europe doesn't it? I seem to remember there were some Czech bluegrass boys kicking around a while back?

PS big fan of the Hag too...

PPS bluegrass and ArmA - my new favourite thread...

Yeah, Czechs AFAIK are crazy about country/bluegrass music.

One example:

Though I prefer bluegrass to country, Hag is my favourite singer, as you can see from my sig and nickname :)

Country rocks, but bluegrass rules. :D

@kremec (great photo of Dale Watson, he's cool, we had a documentary about him on the BBC over here in the UK)

Favourite bluegrass outfit? Like you, gotta love Earl Scruggs. Big fan of the Stanley Bros, too. Bill Monroe for starting it all. Tony Rice and Clarence White for their finger-picking skills. Too many to name, although there's a modern band called Crooked Still I rate a lot, great banjoist. Also, I'm a big fan of Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings, though they're hardly strictly bluegrass... when it comes to country, I'm a fan of Townes van Zandt, the Hag, Kris Kristofferson, all the usual suspects really.

Been torturing guitars (accoustic and a strat) for years, purely for the fun of it. Only recently did I start actually taking lessons to improve my (very) basic strumming skills. Imho one of the best ways to finish a stressfull work day is having a cool beer and playing the guitar - with the wife playing along on the piano.

:don7:

Thanks, I'm trying to find one of us in full uniform (Jacket, Aussey, and Star) but it's hard.

- Our drum break. Awesome splits ;). Same spot, left of the African American guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gcox39PeX4 - The full show, I'm the shortest tenor player. End is the best :). That was very very early in the season.

- Finals night, Lucas Oil. Most amazing ten minutes of my life. Over 30,000 people watching you. It's unexplainable.

- Finals nigh, pre-show. Just the horns, still epic.

Wow I just watched the videos. Really awesome. Watching you playing . . . I would say you definitely have the skills. Really amazing. I would bet you had your fair share on George Lawrence Stone "Stick control" Awesome single beat patterns, triplets. paradidles. Are you play also drums? If not it's really a shame you would be an awesome drummer. What is most amazing is the precision of the execution. Liked the show. How the hell are you supposed to remember all the positions where to move? The perfomance of the horn section was great. What a sound . . . I loved it . . . this has touched my very heart. I saw it twice and the second time the volumn was up.

My sincere compliments you are not only talented in addon making.

All the best:D

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Imho one of the best ways to finish a stressfull work day is having a cool beer and playing the guitar - with the wife playing along on the piano.

:don7:

This is love . . . and not only for the music.:inlove:

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I´ve learned to play the piano when I was a youth but only own a Korg M1 and a DX7 now to use them for midi-recording. You can check out some of my stuff on my myspace page: Notfallplan

Hi Balschoiw

I checked your myspace. This is really cool music. My favourite is Indian Raga Rumble followed by Down with order. Jazzy legs is cool too. It is really cool that some many people are actually making music.

Stay tuned

regards

p.s. Ich komme aus Düsseldorf, auch wenn Ich in Italien lebe

Hi ( listening to Nettrucker's stuff as i type and will be checking the other links out. I love real music)

I write, play ( guitar, vocals, percussion, a little piano and cello ( though I don't own one atm ) ) and record with a few friends. Our stuff can be found here ( www.albongo.co.uk ). The website is nothing special, purely a platform on which to distribute our tunes to whomever wants to listen.

A couple of us have done this professionally in the past, though have long since moved into other professions to pay the bills :), these days writing and recording for our own pleasure and sanity. :bounce3:

We all have families and work or run businesses, so we only really get Saturday afternoons ( in one of my spare rooms on a little home studio setup (Cubase SX3, Maudio 1010lt, Spirit F1 desk, Samson amp, Tannoy Reveal monitors + various instruments ) and maybe the odd evening to get any music done, so things may be a bit rough in places. If you stop by to have a listen, I hope you enjoy it. And if you do enjoy it feel free to pass on the mp3's :)

Edited by Janxy

Hi Janxy

My favourite ones are definitly "Another Day". Love the vocals on it. "Completely pretty" is great for his atmosphere and "Suffer" is great too. These were more or less the songs which captured immediately my attention.

It is so great to find out that other community members are making music. Check the links Binkowski posted. Balschoiw makes great music too. Vilas posted a lot of music which I never heard before.

Still listening to your songs.

Keep it up.

Thanks for your reply.:D

Thanx for the feedback Nettrucker, it's always nice to get feedback good or bad :).

I particuarly enjoyed "Twilight Zone" and "Voices" from your ep. Great Frippesque rhythm guitar on Twilight. Great hard rock beat and feel on voices, lovely vocal and bv's on both.

I've also enjoyed listening to Lychesis ( great combination of modern metal with a prog rock feel ), Binkowski ( it brought back memories of my father taking me to see Scots pipe bands ( my family being Scot's n all ). I love that crunch in the chest that a troupe of snare players give you when they march past and found myself nodding my head to the drumbreak video :)), Balschoiw ( Loved Indian Raga Rumble ) and Vilas's stuff ( that's a real dark unusual music technique you have there ( from your first link ), loved it ).

Threads like this just show how many talented people there are out there and it's not all Pop Idol or X factor.

Edited by Janxy

Hi guys ever jammed online?

Its not not perfect but its pretty cool once you get it setup right, and this is the best and only one I can find so far.

Its called ninjam

ninjam.com

Its a pain in the ass to setup and get working right but if you play arma alot and use mods and stuff it should be nothing new for you pc wizards.

If we can get a few of us setup we can maybe do an arma jam session? :yay:

Check it out!

I play guitar or bass and jam on ninjam once a week with people all over the world some jams suck some are really cool...if nothing else its good practice.

Peace

@kremec (great photo of Dale Watson, he's cool, we had a documentary about him on the BBC over here in the UK)

Favourite bluegrass outfit? Like you, gotta love Earl Scruggs. Big fan of the Stanley Bros, too. Bill Monroe for starting it all. Tony Rice and Clarence White for their finger-picking skills. Too many to name, although there's a modern band called Crooked Still I rate a lot, great banjoist. Also, I'm a big fan of Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings, though they're hardly strictly bluegrass... when it comes to country, I'm a fan of Townes van Zandt, the Hag, Kris Kristofferson, all the usual suspects really.

Yeah, that´s pretty much it. Is that documentary of Dale Watson called "Crazy again"?

Yeah, that´s pretty much it. Is that documentary of Dale Watson called "Crazy again"?

Nope, I've seen that. This was a documentary about the country music business in Nashville. It compared the contrasting careers of Dale (turning up at gigs with his amp in the back of the station wagon, that sort of thing) with some big-haired, "hat band" sort of rubbish pop country singer, you know, the sort of "country" artist that gives "country" a bad name... the business execs hated the guy with the big hair but knew they'd sell a shedload of records off the back of him... he was a nice enough dude but seriously, real poppy, lightweight sort of country music.

EDIT: "Naked Nashville" was the name of the documentary. 3 part series, really interesting. Dale featured in Episode 2.

Edited by SwiftyBoy
More info to add.

African hand drummer here: Djembe, Doumbek and Conga. Dabble with acoustic guitar from time to time.

Damn, any inspiration for Isla Duala soundtrack? ;)

p.s. I'm already working on a track with a talented buddy of mine (studio, guitars,...)

Damn, any inspiration for Isla Duala soundtrack? ;)

p.s. I'm already working on a track with a talented buddy of mine (studio, guitars,...)

Ahh sorry but I got no good recording setup. Just a plain web mic. In the middle of a move now but soon I want to get a better audio recording setup -so if your still in need then ,well then I'd be glad too :)

Hey, country music fans (all three of us :p), the gig on friday was great, we played in nice little beer joint,

and actually people were screaming for more when we stopped playing, so we had to do another song. :)

I looove country music :yay:

All the usual suspects being George Jones, Lefty Frizzell, Buck Owens, Loretta Lynn, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Faron Young, Dave Dudley, Tom T. Hall, Jerry Reed and such? :)

Ahh sorry but I got no good recording setup. Just a plain web mic. In the middle of a move now but soon I want to get a better audio recording setup -so if your still in need then ,well then I'd be glad too :)

Don't worry. A track is already in production for a new Duala presentation. I'll send you the link to check it out ;)

Just last Saturday I had the opportunity to head down to Purdue University for their yearly Jazz Festival. They happened to have Eddie Daniels there. A famous clarinet player who played with Gordan Goodwing in his Big Phat Band. Anyway, Purdue's top Jazz Band played some Charles Mingus charts. My favorite being Haitian Fight Song, and Moanin'. In March I'll have the opportunity to go down to Muncie Springfest at Ball State University and hopefully see some Jamie Aebersold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIf3a9FUJj4

Hi guys ever jammed online?

Its not not perfect but its pretty cool once you get it setup right, and this is the best and only one I can find so far.

Its called ninjam

ninjam.com

Its a pain in the ass to setup and get working right but if you play arma alot and use mods and stuff it should be nothing new for you pc wizards.

If we can get a few of us setup we can maybe do an arma jam session? :yay:

Check it out!

I play guitar or bass and jam on ninjam once a week with people all over the world some jams suck some are really cool...if nothing else its good practice.

Peace

Hi CPL_HICKS

I never tried the ninjam. For the time being I don't have an electronic drum kit anymore. I once bought a Roland TD7, I thought that with an electronic drumkit I could play and study at home. That was a completely wrong assumption on my part. The problem was the kick drum. Not withstanding it was electronic and I played on headphones, the kick drum made too much noise. The sound waves have been transmitted throughout the pipes in my flat and it was noticeable in the whole house. After a week or so my neighbours threatened me to call the police in case I don't stop. yeah that was the end of my dream playing drums at home.:(

In any case I still used it a couple of years, in case I needed some particular sounds on my drums but when turning back to play rock music I sold it, because it was catching only dust. So without an electronic drum kit there's no way to partecipate for me, as a drummer on ninjam. Really a pitty because yeah we could have set up an ArmA Jam.

thanks for your reply.

regards

nettrucker

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Just last Saturday I had the opportunity to head down to Purdue University for their yearly Jazz Festival. They happened to have Eddie Daniels there. A famous clarinet player who played with Gordan Goodwing in his Big Phat Band. Anyway, Purdue's top Jazz Band played some Charles Mingus charts. My favorite being Haitian Fight Song, and Moanin'. In March I'll have the opportunity to go down to Muncie Springfest at Ball State University and hopefully see some Jamie Aebersold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIf3a9FUJj4

Hello Binkowski

thanks for your new reply, a couple of pages back I posted a comment on your vids. Don't know if you read it or not. It is really awesome stuff. I watched those videos more than twice. The drum parts are really cool and played with such a great precision, that is really outstanding. I loved the one with the hornsection. It is amazing. What a sound. Second time I played it, I turned up the volumn and was nearly blown away. I loved it.

Keep it up, you definitely have a great technique. You are not only an outstanding addon maker but a good drummer too.

wish you all the best.:D

kind regards

nettrucker.

Yeah I saw your comments on our video's. Thanks, it was a really good time. I wish I could do it again, but sadly I can't this year. Maybe 2011 season I can. There's a bunch of other video's of the hornline if you just search "SCV Simple Gifts" you'll get quite a few. Some good some bad.

I play guitar, ive got a strat & an accoustic but im not that good yet, ive just got the hang of the basic chords & being able to switch around them so I can put a tune together even if its not particularly complicated! Everything ive learned so far has come from chord books or the web, some proper lessons may speed up the learning process for me at some point! I have friends who are in a band that I can jam with, but im a long way off being able to play to an audience like they do! This is the band my friends are in, have a listen :) that particular track is very pink floydish but they mostly play indie stuff

I wasn't gonna reply to this thread since I don't really play anymore. Not even for my own amusement.

But I started playing guitar at age of 12 (am now 40). I had a hard rock band and we were locally quite popular. Then I played as a troubadour with 12 string acoustic at ferries that travel between Sweden & Finland for some time.

I'll put an easter egg of my musical career in a mission I'm working with.. haha

;)

So you're equalling speed with musicianship? In, that case, Immortal, may very well be the Magnus Opus of the Western Civilisation.

Musicianship has nothing to do with technical proficiency.

speed can very well be associated with musicianship, its if theyre articulate while they play, and if youre into that kind of thing.

forget the mans name but he said "its a sound and a feeling" - dead now of course, the original writer of dust my broom, his names on the tip of my tongue

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

[/color]

I looove country music :yay:

so did paul mcartney and Lester William Polfuss(les paul)

btw you didnt mention mr merle haggard!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

And here I thought musicianship was about melody, harmony, rhythm, feeling and soul. Apparently, it's all about successive hammer-ons! Go figure.

Each to their own taste, but to claim that black metal is more music than anything else just because it's technically hard to pull off is just ridiculous!

to each there own is right- blues hall of famer walter trout would say otherwise to your opinions though- as if hammer-ons are the only way to "play fast"

and as if metal is the only genre of music that has a quick tempo.

but i do agree with the black metal not being the elitist like most classical musicians think they are, the musics 'chromatic scales and emphasize the tritone and diminished intervals' rinse and repeat. if you want to make it black metal stick to basic scales and chord progression but try to swerve to the more dissonance notes, avoid the consonances. voila! you have black metal

awesome that you at least dont let genres be considered the 'elitist'

i use that word cause the people from the symphony we have here all walk with their noses in the air, when i started learning to read treble clef i had a teacher from their- spent 5 years learning from her before i had enough and have been self taught since- 15 years of music theory under my belt- everyday for 6 hours- not to par with mr vai's 9 hours daily.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

It's good to see all of these actual musicians here. I'm getting sick of people saying "musicianship is dead, DJ's are the new musicians" and crap like that. I'm not going to get into what i play too much because i hate bragging (although that sounds like bragging, sorry) but I'm into just about everything. I'm 19 working in MP&E and i've had a fair share of musical experience all over the world. although music has been a main hobby for years and i have my own band on the rise, im not further pursuing a musicians carreer. so many of my peers are telling me its a huge mistake. im currently shipping off with the USAF. my true passion is flight and mechanics. so yeah thats all i got to say

dont be modest over the internet!

Edited by ParadiseLost

so did paul mcartney and Lester William Polfuss(les paul)

btw you didnt mention mr merle haggard!

Though I prefer bluegrass to country, Hag is my favourite singer, as you can see from my sig and nickname :)

I thought I did... ;)

IMHO, best country singer ever.

Piano player re-beginning on it (after 2 or 3 years starting learning it in my late teen years before dropping it), so really on the beginning side of things.

Jazz lover (nearly any jazz style, so it can go rather far into fusion things :) ), but I completely lost any of the little bit of improvistaion skill I had. I have the theory still in mind (chords sequences, subst, modal impro, things like that) but getting it out of the keyboard is currently out of my reach :(

So I stick to classical currently. I'll prolly need to take some course again :)

Sure, I play bass and guitar(main focus on bass and always has been). Currently I play in a band making cheesy 70's rock songs, but hope to one day be able to revive one of two old projects playing more serious and slightly harder music. If it weren't for the lack of free time!