• Microsoft IME3.0/4.0
    • Razer Deathadder
    • Razer Orochi
    • Razer Copperhead
    • Other Logitech
    • Other Razer
    • Other Makes

Hi hardcore gamers,

What mouse are you using to play ArmA2 with currently? Share your experience! :)

I just bought an IME3.0, still getting used to it since I was used to small mice. The upper arm movement necessary to make it work properly is a bit tiring for me but the precision I get from the low low DPI greatly increased my engagement speed. I mapped my reload and optics button to the 2 side buttons so that I can perform those actions quickly in the heat of the battle without fumbling through keyboard buttons.

I used to use a more sensitive 1200dpi mouse but I totally screw up in ArmA due to the long distance of engagement making very quick mouse more of a liability than an asset. Can't imagine how a 400dpi mouse actually works better for ArmA2! :)

galleryimage_13814_f.jpg

Edited by jasonnoguchi

My old Logitech MX518 is alive and kicking! :) Doing what it should, and after having the 2 thumb buttons you just cant go back hehe.

Bringing up the map on one and TS on the other is how i have those set atm. Works awesome. When i get some money i will upgrade that one as well though to laser. That deathadder seems to be up my alley.

What mouse are you using to play ArmA2 with currently? Share your experience! :)

LOGIOPTICAL.jpg

ArmA doesn´t necessarily need uber-sensitive $300 peripherals :turn:

Edited by Mr Burns

Care to elaborate which aspect produces the love please? :)

Fits my hand perfectly, good weight, glides nicely. Buttons are very responsive and it has good durability. Plus it looks sick.

LOL Burns. :D

MX518 - should be cheap today (if they excists?)

mx518.jpg

Speed up buttons + and - to change responsiveness on the battlefield (sniping or flying for example) on the fly. It has worked for me for a couple of years now and all buttons intact. And im pretty rough to the little sucker. :D

My old Logitech MX518 is alive and kicking! :) Doing what it should, and after having the 2 thumb buttons you just cant go back hehe.

Bringing up the map on one and TS on the other is how i have those set atm. Works awesome. When i get some money i will upgrade that one as well though to laser. That deathadder seems to be up my alley.

+1 Logitech rocks :thumb:

Setting the map on one button is a brilliant idea. I had only thought of TS on one button so far.

I use the version 2008 of this mouse (wider feet and 1800 dpi)

LOL Burns. :D

MX518 - should be cheap today (if they excists?)

Speed up buttons + and - to change responsiveness on the battlefield (sniping or flying for example) on the fly. It has worked for me for a couple of years now and all buttons intact. And im pretty rough to the little sucker. :D

As long as it is available on Logitech's website, you can find it.

Edited by Lonestar

Logitech Performance Mouse MX

i was a bit hesitant at first, but I love this thing now. It's wireless (with a wire, if you need charging or high-level reaction) and really fits well in my hands.

base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI808058.jpg&size=20&dhm=97ea93cd&hl=en

Edited by hawkinge

Well, I've only ever played ArmA II with my Logitech G9 mouse, and it's served me perfectly. But like Mr Burns said, you don't need such expensive mice for ArmA II. I play other games where I find it a lot more useful (e.g. MW2).

logitech-g9-review-34-view.jpg

@Hawkinge, that wireless mouse is a finger mouse or a wrist mouse or an arm mouse? I ahve been hesitant about wireless but yours look really cool and looks like a finger mouse.

My mouse requirements are rather stark:

31N7ENCV2ZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

All I require is a good hand fit, reliability, and a good mousewheel action (I detest rattly or clunky mousewheels :))

And, it's cheap as chips. I get 'em in packs of 3 or 5.

Setting the map on one button is a brilliant idea. I had only thought of TS on one button so far.

I also usually have TS and FREELOOK on those thumb buttons. Since im not using TIR its very easy to look around with the thumb instead of pressing ALT. In SP i use FREELOOK and MAP always.

Would be nice with 3 buttons there. :)

Well, I've only ever played ArmA II with my Logitech G9 mouse, and it's served me perfectly. But like Mr Burns said, you don't need such expensive mice for ArmA II. I play other games where I find it a lot more useful (e.g. MW2).

Sup same mouse buddy.

I like the weights. I mean the weights are awesome you know? You know you pay for quality shit when the mouse has a secret drawer for sets of tiny weights.

Also you can put your weed in it.

I also have the Logitech Gsomething keyboard. Very nice piece.

I'm using Logitech G9,

but thinking to change G9x...

This is too slow for my taste.

:)

Logitech G5 is the Best Mouse for me was i hav see :p

logitechg5entire.jpg

yes the G5 is a very good mouse :thumb:

MX518 here too, it has served me well for a few years now and still going strong..I agree good idea about having map on one button, never thought of that, I have eject mapped to button 3 though.

I'm currently using the G9 of logitech aswell, though i'm thinking about buying myself this one:

Razer NAGA

razer_naga_01.jpg

Hi hardcore gamers,

I just bought an IME3.0, still getting used to it since I was used to small mice. The upper arm movement necessary to make it work properly is a bit tiring for me but the precision I get from the low low DPI greatly increased my engagement speed. I mapped my reload and optics button to the 2 side buttons so that I can perform those actions quickly in the heat of the battle without fumbling through keyboard buttons.

I used to use a more sensitive 1200dpi mouse but I totally screw up in ArmA due to the long distance of engagement making very quick mouse more of a liability than an asset. Can't imagine how a 400dpi mouse actually works better for ArmA2! :)

galleryimage_13814_f.jpg

High dpi + low sensitivity + no smoothing is 100x better than 400 dpi with smoothing. DPI is the resolution, meaning lower is less precise.