Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Ultimate Realism

OK, if we want a MOD that is realistic & up-to-date it would undoubtedly have to be based upon today's regional conflicts... Yes, I'm talking about the Middle East! :rolleyes: So let's have missions in Helmand Province where you're tasked to destroy poppy fields, hunt down the heads of the Taliban & engage the Taliban directly in firefights.

Let's have soldiers perform first aid on IED victims & Chinook pilots tasked to evacuate the wounded to nearby medicenters!

If we want the ultimate realistic experience, we'll have to create a MOD that's based on realsim itself!

Good God! Why didn't we think of that? Good job you're here now to present all these wonderful broad brush strokes in individual threads...

Good God! Why didn't we think of that? Good job you're here now to present all these wonderful broad brush strokes in individual threads...

So why hasn't it been done wiseguy? And I'm not talking about 'Afghan Village' either :rolleyes:

Infil...you could make it yourself u know ;) :rolleyes:

You still don't get it....

"Why do it by yourself, if someone elese can do it?"

i think we'll get our wish in OPA, till then im making my urban missions in quesh kibrul.

ACE adds us army troops in their as-seen-in-iraq ACU camos, desert skinned bradleys and Abrams, and desert camo SPECOP weapons as well as the sks;

shnapdrosel made marines in marpat; the mercenary addon adds taliban and gangstaz (the latter actually resembling more the insurgents than the taliban units, just remove those g36's and put rpk's ;) )

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8140 desert reskins for vehicles

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgdnvuzmxzm REALLY cool humvees

and thats about all i can think of at the moment.

get all those, plus a ME map of your choice and start making your missions! its the closest you can get at the moment i think.

:)

Edited by MirindoR

You could join the army.. and help them out

I've already served Queen & Country in The Rifles & Royal Logistics, I even have the knees to prove it :D

Is it getting hot in here or is it me lol!

I think most of what you've requested will be down to the mission maker and the people you play with rather than the addons that would make up a mod. ACE2 and various maps and units already provide that.

you seem pretty... deranged.

Are you saying that to be realistic it has to be about a current war? So was vietnam not realistic? etcetc.

Are you just trolling btw? Several comments of yours seem to indicate that. Not a good way to make a point if you serve it up with a side of ego.

Edited by TimRiceSE

you seem pretty... deranged.

Are you saying that to be realistic it has to be about a current war? So was vietnam not realistic? etcetc.

Are you just trolling btw? Several comments of yours seem to indicate that. Not a good way to make a point if you serve it up with a side of ego.

Whre I'm not trying to make a point you seem to be missing it :rolleyes:

I think we need to call off the dogs now guys we made our point. Infiltrator welcome to the forums matey. Check through the mod and addons completed forum and if you don't find what ur looking for you can pm me and i'll give you a list.

You'll probably find most of things you need, either released or being made, then you just have to make the mission involving the things you mentioned, if your not sure how to do that, people in the missions section will probably be able to help.

Either way you look at it though this project, like all, requires patience.

Good luck with it.

Weinerschnitzel! That about sums it up.

Not sure what this thread is about. Is it a request, a Mod concept or just a place to ramble on about various topics? If you want more realism then ACE2 adds more and more every update. OA will have some "current-type" conflicts but I fail to see what that has to do with realism. If you want more current missions then making them is your best bet. That's what I do whenever I want to play out a certain scenario. It's really easy to learn and unlocks the true fun of BIS games, the Editor(s) kick ass!

Edited by Manzilla

Weinerschnitzel! That about sums it up.

Not sure what this thread is about. Is it a request, a Mod concept or just a place to ramble on about various topics? If you want more realism then ACE2 adds more and more every update. OA will have some "current-type" conflicts but I fail to see what that has to do with realism. If you want more current missions then making them is your best bet. That's what I do whenever I want to play out a certain scenario. It's really easy to learn and unlocks the true fun of BIS games, the Editor(s) kick ass!

You just hit the nail right on the head! It isn't a request but merely an idea, in the sense that I'd like to see a mission/campaign built & based upon the conflict in Afghanistan, but a very realistic one that goes well beyone the concept of merely acting out a fire fight with insurgents... As you can imagine, firefights are only a small element of conflict - meaning to accomplish a mission you could create missions where every aspect of warfare is introduced.....

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------

Try that mission, there you have more civis than insurgents and lots of talking and patrouling. And defined soldier presets, so teamwork is forced. Should be realistic, because if youre dead you are gone (if the medic cant revive you with epipens, bandages and morphine).

And the map (afghan village) is the most realistic afghan map for arma in my eyes together with razani.

You are free to take this mission as base for more missions in this map, so you can make your little afghan campaign till arrowhead is arriving.

You can take whatever you want out of the mission.

Edited by Pain0815