Sign in to follow this  
Aeneas2020

Danish Army V1.0

Gotta say that the camo looks pretty much spot on :)

nice work.

alright great....that part is done i guess, now onto the configs and then the M113 etc

I thought about a small idea.. i don't know if it's a good idea. but the standard danish infantry has a small danish flag on one of there shoulders? think it could look great..

just a small idea:)

I thought about putting that on there (did the same with the Irish units i made earlier) but i couldn't find refs to say that they were on there 100% of the time. If they are always on there then i would be more than happy to add them :)

Oh also could i get some information on boots. I noticed in the refs i had that guys in desert and mix camo tended to wear tan boots but every ref i have on the guys in M84s shows them in black boots. Therefore I have blacked the boots for the M84 guys. Please tell me if this correct.

Finally I have some close ups of the material used for the camo but I was wondering if the M84 comes in rip stop variants at all?

i have look into the flag thing, and as far as i can see. They got the flag on there combat shirt with long sleeves.(and it's placed on the left shoulder)

But that is without the heavy body armor.. when they get the body armor on, the flag is on the shoulderpad itself.. but i haven't seen shoulderpads anywhere in arma2 yet..

maybe we could contact "Cameron McDonald" for he's 1st Infantry division, from Arma1.. but i don't know if they could work in Arma2 :s

i hope you could use some of this infomation:)

Edited by Kusk

Thanks kusk...one of my plans for this, now that it looks like this could be a nice pet project for me, is to get out another release that is as close as possible and then create some accurate danish models in for arma2 (i.e. correct body armor etc). However i think they already several others working on Danish stuff so hopefully we can pool our resources.

Finally I have some close ups of the material used for the camo but I was wondering if the M84 comes in rip stop variants at all?

Not quite sure what you mean by rip stop ??

Found, "DDAM & Pyle_DK" on www.armaholic.com

and they are both working on danish vehicles.. but i don't think any of them is working currently on the ground troops..

so i think they are the people we need to cooperate with

Not quite sure what you mean by rip stop ??

That means that reinforcing threads are woven into the fabric every half centimeter or so in a grid, so in case the fabric tears, it will only tear up to the next of these threads. That means you only have a small hole in your pants instead of ripping your whole bottom open ;)

Example:

89vp73lr.jpg

If you look closely, you can see those threads, so a really high-res texture should be slightly different for rip-stop material (both the base texture as well as the normal map). But I wouldn't bother, just applying the "linnen" Photoshop-pattern will give it more detail than is actually needed.

Thanks brianbug. I actually hate to use the standard PS patterns i always make my own based on custom materials. But in this case i think i can just work enough detail into the newer textures with brushes instead. :)

Ok flags added...

Your work is really appreciated :cool:

And it's really cool to see so much interest in little denmark :)

ddam is working on ground troops... weapons and vehicle.. but nice to see that ur units looks that good m8:)

Well perhaps these will be a good placeholder until someone gets something else out. Or perhaps like i said we can pool our resources. It seems like every project I start someone else is already working on so maybe I should start doing really obscure countries. Next by me..."Swiss Guards of the Vatican City" mod for Arma2 (ha! bet no one else thought of that!) :P

Well perhaps these will be a good placeholder until someone gets something else out. Or perhaps like i said we can pool our resources. It seems like every project I start someone else is already working on so maybe I should start doing really obscure countries. Next by me..."Swiss Guards of the Vatican City" mod for Arma2 (ha! bet no one else thought of that!) :P

Don't mind it, your releasing something and i haven't seen anything from anywhere else yet ;)

i agree with Aeneas...

i would be a good idea to join forces with DDAM..

@ DK||SES|| is ddam currently working on the infantry? i thought he was busy making the mobile artillery M113?... :)

because if he isn't working on them right now.? then i think Aeneas should continue with the infantry forces..

I wasn't trying to sound bitchy with what I said btw it was meant in jest. Also i have no intention of abandoning this project right now :)

i'm pleased to hear, that you won't cancel this project:)

maybe you could make a small list over the things you got in your mind for this petproject as you called it :D

Well i think its a good job on this m8.. regarding ddam we are currently still working on ours.... which also include the m113 and the old m106 mortar vehicle.. gds.. but enough of that... that will be in another post.. but m8 keep up the good work... they look sweet m8:P

well SES like i said I really don't mind these are just simple USMC retextures. If you guys ever wanted any texture help I can bring over 5 years experience etc to help you out, i can do weapons, tanks etc but i prefer player models.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ok guys just a quick update. I added the flag patch and just redid the textures a little to make then alittle more defined (not the camo but the grey underlay). I'm going to add a little more "grime" to the uniforms to make them seem a little more weather. Then sort out the squad config. Then onto the sf.

th_daneflagarm1.jpg

th_daneflagarm2.jpg

and lastly me walking round in afghanistan looking badass:

th_badassdane1.jpg