Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

The turret or the hull? The front hull armor is so sloped its almost horizontal, so the round may have ricocheted.

Edit: Just shot at the front armor of a BVP-2 using a T-72A. Sabot meant instant death for all the crew and usually set the thing on fire, turret and hull. Same appears to be true for HEAT and ATGM, but the HEAT Frag does not appear to penetrate the armor. It ruined the engine and set it on fire, but it took five shots to kill one of the crew and convince the others to bail out. This is apparently an anti-personnel weapon.

Thanks for the finding! Did you use ACE wound module?

After some further testing taking them out with the first shot completely seems a 20-25% probability, a 65-70% for making the crew bail out, and the remaining 5-10% they might be able to drive away or without any sign of damage (no smoke, fire, "lowered" weaponry, crew stays inside) after the first hit. Maybe the standard BI model has some "neutral" or overlapped hitpoint areas.

HE-FRAG is of course anti-personnel, they do little to no damage to armor (although in reality they might cause serious damage to light armored vehicles).

As far as I'm aware, ACE is primarily designed with MP in mind, and therefore there is no support for AI breaking down and carrying CSW's.

If you really have to have a CSW in your squad, load the mission into the editor and make your AI squadmates playable. Then you can shift between them and set up the weapon yourself.

There may be a better way to do this, but I'm not familiar with it as I don't really play SP (unless it's the Undead Mod)

I am talking about multiplayer? I often make 100 player missions for my clan, and the addition of the AI being able to use CSW is a big + in terms of adding something new to the game. I assume that the CSW FOR AI means that the AI can now carry and deploy an MG/Konkurs etc, the exact thing I want the AI to do when we are doing a large scale operation.

Are you sure that you know what I'm on about? These posts are regarding the "AE CSW for AI" module available from within the editor. Not the general inclusion of crew served weaponry available from various crates.

I am talking about multiplayer? I often make 100 player missions for my clan, and the addition of the AI being able to use CSW is a big + in terms of adding something new to the game. I assume that the CSW FOR AI means that the AI can now carry and deploy an MG/Konkurs etc, the exact thing I want the AI to do when we are doing a large scale operation.

Are you sure that you know what I'm on about? These posts are regarding the "AE CSW for AI" module available from within the editor. Not the general inclusion of crew served weaponry available from various crates.

With that module in, I know you can have AI in your squad do it, by giving the orders through the command/action menu. (unit#, actio, CSW function (Deploy/mount/etc). No idea if they will do this autonomously in all AI units. Would imagine it would require scripting.

With that module in, I know you can have AI in your squad do it, by giving the orders through the command/action menu. (unit#, actio, CSW function (Deploy/mount/etc). No idea if they will do this autonomously in all AI units. Would imagine it would require scripting.

My thoughts exactly. One would think that if you can order them via the action menu, you can command them via script commands >.< just need to know what those commands are.

If you have time Ace, any information on this would be appreciated. I am not the only one awaiting information on this module! Others have had huge frustrations finding out about it too :).

everytime there is a new ace update. somthing breaks :(

Hi mate, to be honest I wasn't aware of the Ai module they put in. I tried it (crew weapons) when ACE was first released and hadn't really pursued it. Hope you find an answer to your question. :)

Edited by Das Attorney

Says NOTHING about how to get the AI placing the weapons etc. Love this mod but some of the recent changes have been thrown in with little or no documentation on use.

Please sort it out. Sitting here trying to get CSW for AI working and it's frustrating me.

With the exception of some very minor updates to the documentation, the writing for the ACE wiki is mostly done by one person on the team. I do that when I am not coding, answering questions for the ACE community, recruiting, soothing frayed tempers, and a number of other chores in addition to Real Life.

Coders are not known for writing nice instructions, so I frequently have to dig into source code, study configuration files, and then make test missions in order to figure out how new features work - once I learn that a new feature even exists. Then comes the word-smithing itself with rechecking facts, formatting, and spell-checking.

As you may surmise, all this takes time. And it has to be prioritized, whether to drop everything and possible lose track of a valuable thought in coding in order to switch gears to update some document. So I do public relations for a while, check the news from the other devs, check tickets, write code... And, when I have sufficient time to devote to documentation, I update the wiki.

This recent topic in using AI for CSW and other things is of course coming at me in typical fashion - unannounced. If I had known, the documentation would already be there.

The task is now queued up, info will get out there once I learn enough to write something down and have some free cycles. When those free cycles pop up depends on a few things, including team stress levels. Not making rapid-fire demands for the same thing or bashing the documentarian would help a lot with those levels.

..mmm... I am liking the new armor update. This update made the damages more irregular with the effects less predictable. I played my iron fist mission and sometimes had to put 2 SMAW AA rockets into a T72 to stop it, sometimes one well placed one (lucky hit of course) sent it exploding skyhigh. This less predictable damage model makes it a lot more realistic. :) Thanks ACE team.

Hi guys

I used to use the vector 21 to find the range of the objectives using the sniper in ace 2 to adjust the sight but in the last few versions this has changed and now it dosent tell you the range.

I know you can estimate distances with the dots of the sights and with some snipers but for long shots i dont have any trusty mezod can anybody give me a few tips?

Thx a lot for the help

Pd: Ace 2 its just incredible so much fun thx a lot to the team :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

You can still use the vector, just make sure you have the right batteries. Then, as you use the thing, you must press R once to turn the power on, then click MB1 to measure distance to target. Also, remember that you can't get the range instantly on a new target, so if you want to measure the distance to another target, you have to press R again to turn the power off, then aim at the new target and switch it back on, then MB1 to get the laser and you'll get the distance to your new target. It's a bit slower in it's function now but it's still good. Plus you can now use the regular laser designator as a rangefinder as well.

Should I be able to destroy a Tunguska or a Bmp2/2D/1 With only 3 rounds from a Abrams Tusk 50cal? Anyone else getting this?

*EDIT* Test with static guns and such, any 50cal mount can destroy these tanks with a couple rounds.

Edited by Sess

On the Vector 21, you don't have to switch it on and off to find a new range. It is not instant, but fire the laser a second time and the range will be recalculated.

Should I be able to destroy a Tunguska or a Bmp2/2D/1 With only 3 rounds from a Abrams Tusk 50cal? Anyone else getting this?

*EDIT* Test with static guns and such, any 50cal mount can destroy these tanks with a couple rounds.

I shot at a Tunguska and BMP-2d to no effect, but the BMP-2... oh dearie me.

I shot at a Tunguska and BMP-2d to no effect, but the BMP-2... oh dearie me.

I was in a Domination just a few moments ago and was able to kill a Tunguska with a m107, 3 rounds to the missile rack and BOOM.

I am new to Arma2 and I love this ACE mod. I am getting alot of CTDs with it though. I get one about every hour. I also get messages of files not loading when playing. I used six shooter to install and update it. Is this common? This is happening in multiplayer. My system is good.

EDIT: I found my problem I think. I went back and tryed to update the game with sixshooter and noticed there is a beta option now. I click on that and when the update ran it replaced some files. I also had it create a new shortcut. I will try it out tomorrow.

Edited by mia389

King Homer: This will be fixed with todays update

Thanks for the info. :)

mia389: Is this common?

Never happened to me or anyone i know im afraid. So in my world its not common.

This will be fixed with todays update.

NO!!! I was just enjoying it!!!! hahahaa, just joking. :) Thanks for updating or the BMPs in the mission I am going to release tomorrow would be doomed. :)

This recent topic in using AI for CSW and other things is of course coming at me in typical fashion - unannounced. If I had known, the documentation would already be there.

The task is now queued up, info will get out there once I learn enough to write something down and have some free cycles. When those free cycles pop up depends on a few things, including team stress levels. Not making rapid-fire demands for the same thing or bashing the documentarian would help a lot with those levels.

Thank you Evil! (Sounds weird saying that)

Atleast now I have some idea of when to expect some documents on it now, next few weeks im guessing?

P.S. What is Real Life? :p

Rgds,

Rob

It seems that GL4 can mess up several of ACE's features, for me it seems that it f*cks up the bipod deployment/weapon rest function.

P.S. What is Real Life? :p

It's the thing that happens when there is a blackout in your hood. ;)
It seems that GL4 can mess up several of ACE's features, for me it seems that it f*cks up the bipod deployment/weapon rest function.

Well... Don't know what ACE team can do about that.

Edited by Panda_pl

About GL4 breaking the ACE2 features:

Nope. It definitely works with GL4. I can depoly the bipod with no probs. Check your userconfig, and there the key assignments.

Anyone know, how is it possible to see full rocket launcher animation of SA-9 Gaskin? There is no any option in the menu..

BTW Rocket tubes of new BRDM are looks "empty" to.