Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Well, then don't enable the wounds system and play with revive. It's your choice.

It is not the point of the wounds system to replace revive nor will it ever.

There are groups out there that play completely without respawn (though not public).

Xeno

No its not really my choice... its the mission designers choice, and for the mission designer it would be much easier to place a module that he knows work in SP and MP and he can disable revive (for those one-life missions) easy by writing ACE_WOUND_REVIVE = false in the init of the module, or whatever one wish to call it.

I did not say that the wounds system would replace revive, rather that it should include revive. It can only be better when based on ACE objects such as bandages, epipepiwhatever and medic backpacks.

Sure this has been discussed before ... need only a short hint:

1. How to keep ACE-files up-to-date on a Linux-Server?

2. I realize an increasing annoyance concerning ACE because people forget to switch off ACE-mods when entering servers without ACE for they cause problems on non-ACE-Servers. Anybody confirm (both?) ?

Since the ACE2 entries in the biki has been purged, any plans on setting up something similar somewhere else? Like classnames, faq, etc? Also, saw that there was some sort of rangefinder related thing on the hind I was gunner'ing yesterday. How does that work?

Since the ACE2 entries in the biki has been purged, any plans on setting up something similar somewhere else? Like classnames, faq, etc? Also, saw that there was some sort of rangefinder related thing on the hind I was gunner'ing yesterday. How does that work?

Sure, do you have a free mediawiki host we can use ?

Sure this has been discussed before ... need only a short hint:

1. How to keep ACE-files up-to-date on a Linux-Server?

2. I realize an increasing annoyance concerning ACE because people forget to switch off ACE-mods when entering servers without ACE for they cause problems on non-ACE-Servers. Anybody confirm (both?) ?

1: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Server

2: We have improved compatibility towards non ACE-servers. Other than that, maybe people shouldn't forget. Which in turn probably results in less annoyance ?

No its not really my choice... its the mission designers choice, and for the mission designer it would be much easier to place a module that he knows work in SP and MP and he can disable revive (for those one-life missions) easy by writing ACE_WOUND_REVIVE = false in the init of the module, or whatever one wish to call it.

I did not say that the wounds system would replace revive, rather that it should include revive. It can only be better when based on ACE objects such as bandages, epipepiwhatever and medic backpacks.

That is simply the responsibility of the mission designer.

Don't include Revive, if you want to use Wounds. Include Revive if you want to use Revive...

For Revive improvements / systems etc, please contact the Author.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks a lot! That was very helpful :)

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki

Sickboy: It was one of the first google hits. Lrn2Google? :-D You should update the first post in this thread with the new wiki location.

Anyway, about the rangefinder then? Anyone? :)

Sickboy: It was one of the first google hits. Lrn2Google? :-D You should update the first post in this thread with the new wiki location.
As you might know, we have our hands full.

Anything you guys can help us with is very welcome, things such as finding a good, free, wiki hosting service for instance.

I had expected you to have experience with the hosting service you mentioned, not just passing on the first google-hit :D

but I suppose we're lucky it actually seems to be a decent one :)

Edited by Sickboy

Installing this mod i lost the sight icon during the game and my character voice! what's wrong? :(

Installing this mod i lost the sight icon during the game and my character voice! what's wrong? :(

Exactly nothing.

so if i want to use the ace wound script can we use all stuff in medic box and is it still 1 shot kill from the ai also my aces module are in german can somebody let me know what it call as i see 2 stuff thanks

That is simply the responsibility of the mission designer.

Don't include Revive, if you want to use Wounds. Include Revive if you want to use Revive...

For Revive improvements / systems etc, please contact the Author.

I believe the point was that the author should be ACE dev team, what can be built into the ACE wounds module is obviously not the responsibility of the mission designer ;)

I believe the point was that the author should be ACE dev team, what can be built into the ACE wounds module is obviously not the responsibility of the mission designer ;)
You are free to have your opinion.

If the author is interested to build in Revive features in ACE, that would be great.

Other than that, we deliver what we can (and that doesn't include Revive).

Sickboy just a quick question how do i get the dos box where i can update and stuff, i updated my six updater but only got the six updater-gui but not the one where you press 2 to update ace

Guys, just an FYI kinda post on some odd things I'm seeing.

I have an odd situation that I wanted to raise here first, and confirm again, before raising a ticket on it. I have a mission that I am designing to be used with a vanilla install, but that can be augmented by the various addons - like ACE, of course. It works fine with no mods installed.

Last night, I tried it with ACE (updated on Sunday). The game loaded fine, and I got the ACE splashscreens, and the rpt confirmed ACE was running. I loaded my mission, and it started loading fine, but then through an error about not being able to find something. I looked in the rpt, and it appeared to be related to a 40 rnd, 23mm magazine of some sort. I thought it odd, as I didn't intentionally use anything like that. :) It actually crashed my A2, which is also odd. I tried it again, same result.

I then loaded A2 without ACE and it worked.

Also, a friend sent me a neat mission, that does require ACE. I start with some M4 variant with a GL. But, I can't bring up the optics or even fire until I go into gear and drop the rifle, then pick it back up again. Haven't done any real testing to figure this out, and this is the only mission I've noticed it in.

Yes, I know I haven't posted an rpt or test mission. :) I need to do some testing, such as to make sure things are loading in the correct order.

Just consider this an FYI/feedback post, rather than a real bug report. :)

Hi guys when I try to update ace 2 threw yoma tools kelly heroes i get this error

download failed the remote server returned an error 404 not found.

About the M4 thing, try switching to the M4 rather than the hand grenades that are selected by default at start for some bug reason, and all's gold.

Hello,

I'd like to warn you about the case-sensitivity of ACE and Community YAS URLs. Because the mirrors are on Linux machines, any difference in cases at the last part of the URL may cause an error and give you 404.

Make sure the Auto-Config-URL is exactly the same as below. URLs are case-sensitive.

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after updated.

Regards,

Cross

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

papoose 24 this is the solution. import the new URL;)

Dear ACE2 devs, I was looking at Operation Unknown WIP thread, and saw izhak saying that the helos will be inclued in ACE2, can you give any ETA on that one? Have you received files related to the choppers? :)

About the M4 thing, try switching to the M4 rather than the hand grenades that are selected by default at start for some bug reason, and all's gold.

Is this a bug involving A2 or ACE2? I've wondered what's going on, but it doesn't seem to happen all that often. I could be missing it though.