Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi guys,

Very new to both Arma 2 and modding in general, but i must say this community, and the work the modding guys put in, really are a shining beacon of humanity!

On topic, Im running the yoma addonsync, latest version of beta 2 from the kellysheroes server.

Has anyone else noticed a big performance hit when compared to vanilla? I created a test map with about 4 vs 4 teams of rifleman on either side of an opening and compared. My FPS tumbled under ACE2 and the cpu activity jumped about +20%!

Is this a known problem? as vanilla runs nicely on my rig with 2.5k vd at high

@ACE team:

i havent been able to play the mod yet. but i can imagine how the mortars work.

i think the mortars need:

-better aiming posibility for human players

-less hindrance at aiming for the AI

i thought it would be cool to have a dialog to set the range and the angle, something like the manual artillery aiming computer dialog. or at least array on the HUD that gives the information of the range at the current height angle.

and then people could mess the distance with this map compass.

and the AI should be able to fire at targets that are not directly in sight. something like suppressive fire. maybe with the "last seen position"...

it would make the mortars much more realistic i think.

just a suggestion. i hope thats possible somehow. and sorry for my english:o

I know that wounding system is still WIP, but I can't interact with heavily wounded (passed out) AI, I can't check them about their condition, AI medics don't heal them, I couldn't heal them when I'm the medic, and I can't check the dogtags on deads (altough some version's changelog wrote dogtags are added).

I don't know if these are known, so I refrain from creating a ticket on dev-heaven until I get confirmation that nobody knows about it.

The BI wiki admin, Kronzky, has given notice that he intends to remove or prune the entries for ACE in the next 24 hours.

As of this moment, consider any ACE information posted on that site as out-of-date and unreliable.

I ask that no further references to the BI wiki be made in postings on this forum to avoid confusing or inaccurate information.

Edited by Evil_Echo

I know that wounding system is still WIP, but I can't interact with heavily wounded (passed out) AI, I can't check them about their condition, AI medics don't heal them, I couldn't heal them when I'm the medic, and I can't check the dogtags on deads (altough some version's changelog wrote dogtags are added).

I don't know if these are known, so I refrain from creating a ticket on dev-heaven until I get confirmation that nobody knows about it.

I've been wondering about the wound system as well. I can't even get the AI to heal anyone, although others have said they could. I've even sent a few PM's to people in the know but they haven't replied in a week. I want to add it to my SP missions instead of the BIS FAS, unfortunately I don't know if it really works as was reported in a changelog for an early update of beta #2.

I know it will get fixed eventually so I've just decided to keep trying the wound system after every update.(Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that for a week of updates, been gone.)

Are you planning on adding UK Special Forces & Desert Mercenaries and other mods to your six update mod template thingy? How do i add theese without the six updater since it doesnt contain them?

A question for Sickone... I usually update ACE 2 with Arma addon sync 2009 and Kelly Heroes servers (my version is .204).... since they had an hard drive failure I tried to use six-updater to check my ACE2 version... everything goes fine for CBA mod but fo ACE ACEX ACESM ACEPLA i got the following messages: "Warning: folder already exists but seems to be incompatible. Not installing. If you want the software to install this mod, please delete the modfolder." Since I don't want to download everything again is there something I should do to solve this problem? Thanks...

Try Again

ACE Repositories shouldn't be effected.

I've been wondering about the wound system as well. I can't even get the AI to heal anyone, although others have said they could. I've even sent a few PM's to people in the know but they haven't replied in a week. I want to add it to my SP missions instead of the BIS FAS, unfortunately I don't know if it really works as was reported in a changelog for an early update of beta #2.

I know it will get fixed eventually so I've just decided to keep trying the wound system after every update.(Unfortunately I haven't been able to do that for a week of updates, been gone.)

Normal healing wasn't a big issue for me, it only seems to me that AI TLs don't send their wounded to different first-aid assets (Medics in other groups, MASH, Ambulances...), only when I gave a support WP for the medic. I'll try and make some more tests about it.

ACE 2 with Arma addon sync 2009 and Kelly Heroes servers:

had this error:

Download failed

the download returned an error (404) not found

Normal healing wasn't a big issue for me, it only seems to me that AI TLs don't send their wounded to different first-aid assets (Medics in other groups, MASH, Ambulances...), only when I gave a support WP for the medic. I'll try and make some more tests about it.

Thanks for the reply. So you have been able to order an AI medic to heal a team member? If so, that's great to hear. I can't wait to check it out when I get home. I really like the ACE2 wound system much more then the BIS one, though the BIS one does the trick. My missions just don't feel complete with the ACE2 wound system active, I look forward to being able to activate it.

Thanks again. Let me know how those tests work out.

Okay i just pressed number 2 like i normally do to update and i get this message...

Capture-34.jpg

am i meant to be uninstalling something?

Okay i just pressed number 2 like i normally do to update and i get this message...

am i meant to be uninstalling something?

It's quite an old version. Please uninstall the software, remove the shortcuts. and install the latest version instead: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

Otherwise read above on bug tracking instructions.

Hmmm that definitely looks new. I wonder if it has to do with an updater update. Hopefully it's supposed to say that. ;)

Sickboy, i can't thank you enough about the tip regarding the Logitech software. I can't believe i didn't think to check FAQs before. Thank you .

ACE 2 with Arma addon sync 2009 and Kelly Heroes servers:

had this error:

Download failed

We have not posted it's ready yet!!!

Jan 04 - Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.208

Subscribe to KH-RSS -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

As you know Nat & Whisper helped us solve our bandwidth limit problem re YAS Repos.

Therefore we now have a new Kellys Community YAS where you can download major islands and some mods..again thanks to Nat & Whisper.

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

***Make sure the Auto-Config-URL is exactly the same as above. Lowercase & Uppercase matters and may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS after updated.

Enjoy!

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

Edited by Cross

Jan 04 - Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.208

Subscribe to KH-RSS -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

As you know Nat & Whisper helped us solve our bandwidth limit problem re YAS Repos.

Therefore we now have a new Kellys Community YAS where you can download major islands and some mods..again thanks to Nat & Whisper.

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Enjoy!

Sorry Cross, but where do we place those files?

Thanks

_neo_

edit***Never mind...

Thanks

Edited by neokika

oh update sry

but its still the same error :(

Make sure the URL is as exactly like the links I've provided.

Lower & Upper case MATTERS because the mirrors are on linux.

Make sure you enter URL exactly as the link.

Edited by Cross

@Sickboy : no no six-updater works hehe^^sry

i had the problem with the Arma addon sync 2009 and Kelly Heroes servers before i up(to)date with six updater

@Cross

i check this ^^ for the next update thanks

Edited by TeilX

Yes Cross Telix is right. Error dowloading is still there

Download failed

Maybe you did something wrong guys....

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Sorry cross... The new autoconfig goes fine.... sorry again